shape
carat
color
clarity

Name your cake flavors!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
All the cake posts I''ve been lurking at have come at a perfect time. Well, for me at least.
9.gif
I''ve been emailing my baker about fillings and flavors. I told her we like tart flavors with a bit of zing, she suggested passion fruit cake and lemon-almond cake. We also requested tiramisu flavored cake.

What are the flavors/filling for your cakes?

niku414

Rough_Rock
I'm not to that stage of planning for cakes yet, but I have had Passion fruit cake at weddings and it is GOOD
18.gif
Don't know if you ever consider having different flavors for different tiers of the cake -- one of my friend's wedding had a cake like that and it certainly impressed the guests
36.gif

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
We are having plain vanilla.. with vanilla buttercream and black cherry filling!

Yum.. very plain.. but very yummy!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Wedding cake was white cake with white buttercream. Simple and delicious, even a year later!

Grooms cake was chocolate on chocolate on chocolate with different fillings... not sure what they all were!

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
We''re having marble cake with chocolate mousse and caramel filling!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
groom''s cake was a ny style cheesecake with hard chocolate sides, topped with fresh berries and a side of warm chocolate dipping sauce. YUM!!

groomscakerehearsalB[1].jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wedding cake had two tiers of doberge and one tier of pecan pralines and cream. YUM!!!

cakealonetable[1].jpg

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Our wedding cake will be Italian Cream Cake w/ buttercream frosting...YUM!
36.gif

Our Groom''s cake will be chocolate on chocolate....
28.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
500x375.aspx

Pound cake, raspberry and french vanilla filling, and french vanilla frosting with fresh berries. Soooo tasty!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 10:50:52 AM
Author: jcrow
wedding cake had two tiers of doberge and one tier of pecan pralines and cream. YUM!!!
QUICK AND HOPEFULLY PAINLESS HIJACK AHEAD.......

Jcrow~ I love your cake stand........can you tell me where I might find one like that?

Okay....end of hijack :)

I don''t know what flavors we will use yet so this thread will help me compile possible options. Thank you!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
sure thing! actually, our stand was our baker's. however, before i knew she had one i thought i would have to provide my own (cause this was the exact one i wanted). so, i researched and found it here:

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/castroraweca.html

check with your baker. i was so glad she had the exact one i was interested in!

eta: oh and, check with your baker to see what size cake stand you need. there's a specific amount of space needed from the outer edge of the cake to the cake stand.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
We''re so not at the stage of looking at cake flavors yet...but, I think we''ll probably go with something chocolate. Maybe chocolate hazelnut or something. Fruit flavors are tempting, but my dad won''t eat most types of fruit, and even though I normally would ignore his pickyness, it''s important to me that my dad be able to eat my wedding cake. The other option is lemon, which I love, but Fiance is not so crazy about. I hope they can make a chocolate cake with a light colored icing, though, cause I''d really prefer not to have a brown wedding cake.

E B

Ideal_Rock
We haven't been cake tasting yet (April!) but this combination from the baker's website looks the best to me/FH:

Marble cake (white chocolate swirled with fudge)
Chocolate mousse filling
Buttercream icing

YUM! I won't be able to eat it (can't have dairy) but, well, it sounds DELICIOUS. I'm getting a small chocolate vegan cake (which I've tried, and it's fantastic) for my Mom and I.

If we do a groom's cake, I'm thinking of surprising FH with a carrot cake (his favorite!) decorated like a baseball with the Dodgers logo. He loves the Dodgers.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
We got married when pretty much the choices were white or chocolate. I don''t care much for white so I selected chocolate. WoooHooo!!

A couple years later, my sister got married. She''s an artistic type person so she was very bold for the day in her wedding cake selection.

I don''t know where she read it, but Sis said she''d read the traditional wedding cake used to be Old Fashioned Spice with raisins and nuts. She decided that''s what she wanted for her cake.

In a Bride''s magazine, she''d seen a pic of a cake that was "the latest thing" in wedding cakes. Amaretto Buttercream Frosting. AND, the cake had flowers on top instead of the traditional Bride and Groom statue thingy. So that''s what she had.

Old Fashioned Spice cake with raisins and nuts, and Amaretto Buttercream Frosting. With flowers as decorations.

And it was WONDERFUL!! That cake was so different from the "typical wedding cake" people were used to at the time. People at the reception chowed down on the Wedding Cake. Even tho we had a sheet cake of choc/white for additional servings, we practically had to fight to save the top layer of the Wedding cake.
31.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
My brother got married recently, and his wedding cake flavor was gingerbread. It was DELICIOUS.

broadway

Rough_Rock
Red velvet with strawberries and buttercream. I made it for FI for his birthday so I could say, "Isn''t this good? What about this for the wedding cake?!?!" So sneaky.
31.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I wish that I had more cake options to choose from, but I am pretty much a chocolate lover anyway, so...

Chocolate Cake
Truffle (ganache) and raspberry filling
Milk chocolate buttercream icing

I''m thinking I will do something non-chocolate for the groom''s cake, so people will have another option. They have a lemon cake/lemon curd filling that sounds delish!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had 2 layers that were white cake with chocolate, and 2 layers white cake with lemon. mmmmm

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 1:34:07 AM
Author:Trelala
All the cake posts I''ve been lurking at have come at a perfect time. Well, for me at least.
9.gif
I''ve been emailing my baker about fillings and flavors. I told her we like tart flavors with a bit of zing, she suggested passion fruit cake and lemon-almond cake. We also requested tiramisu flavored cake.

What are the flavors/filling for your cakes?
wow those are cool!!!

Everyone still talks about my cake... it was just a really good cake - so much can be said for simple GOOD things like moist white cake, kwim? Anyway, my cake was all the same but each part had two layers... one had strawberries and whipped cream and the other had bananas and rum custard.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 8:29:55 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Everyone still talks about my cake... it was just a really good cake - so much can be said for simple GOOD things like moist white cake, kwim? Anyway, my cake was all the same but each part had two layers... one had strawberries
and whipped cream and the other had bananas and rum custard.

Ooh, Cehra....that sounds delicious. I'm generally not a "fruity cake" fan, but strawberries and whipped cream on white cake sounds divine.
30.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGuy is a chocolate person, so I was surprised when we both agreed at the carrot cake and banana cake tasted the best. It was really good, and I am not a big wedding cake person.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
For our first reception, we had three tiers - vanilla cake with fresh strawberries, vanilla cake with kiwi jam filling and vanilla cake with fresh mango. Mango is DH''s favorite fruit and strawberries (well any berries) is mines. For our second reception, we had all marble cake with raspberry gel filling. Everyone loves that cake; too bad I didn''t remember how it tasted like.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we had two cake flavors, one to pay homage to the fact that we married in hawaii, and the other because greg wanted chocolate hehee.

vaguely can recall...but i think it was a passionfruit guava with white cake for one layer; and then a double chocolate truffle kind of dark cake for the other layer. both were REALLY good but i think the chocolate was better for me. our baker in kauai originally used to live in SF, she was amazing.

i gotta say i am a total sucker for wedding cakes (and birthday cakes etc)...i just love how they can taste so amazingly great. i love how creative the fillings can be, or how absolutely simple (white on white sometimes is the best!).

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t made cake arrangements yet but my personal favorite is white w/raspberry in the middle, and cream cheese frosting

roo

Rough_Rock
wow i haven''t posted in so long!!

we have three tiers and 2 sheet cakes..
and since we''re only having a cake reception we decided to go all out.. flavor wise, anyway.

we''re doing five different flavors..

peanut butter delight
strawberries n'' cream + light rum
strawberries bananas n'' cream + light rum
strawberries + chocolate ganache
chocolate cake with raspberry filling

all of them tasted awesome- except we didn''t taste the peanut butter cake. i guess that one''s gonna be a surprise!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 3:10:02 PM
Author: EBree
We haven''t been cake tasting yet (April!) but this combination from the baker''s website looks the best to me/FH:

Marble cake (white chocolate swirled with fudge)
Chocolate mousse filling
Buttercream icing

YUM! I won''t be able to eat it (can''t have dairy) but, well, it sounds DELICIOUS. I''m getting a small chocolate vegan cake (which I''ve tried, and it''s fantastic) for my Mom and I.

If we do a groom''s cake, I''m thinking of surprising FH with a carrot cake (his favorite!) decorated like a baseball with the Dodgers logo. He loves the Dodgers.

EBree, Could I please have a piece of your wedding cake? I think that''s my favorite combination!!
9.gif

Just out of curiosity, what would be in a vegan cake? I''ve never had one.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 5:12:43 PM
Author: zoebartlett

EBree, Could I please have a piece of your wedding cake? I think that's my favorite combination!!
9.gif

Just out of curiosity, what would be in a vegan cake? I've never had one.

Well that's a good sign! I just hope our guests feel the same way.
9.gif

I've never made a vegan cake before, but I've heard that the woman making mine (which is super chocolate-y and delicious...my Mom didn't even know it was vegan!) uses oils in place of eggs and milk. Perhaps soy milk is involved? To be honest, I've made several different vegan desserts and people can't tell the difference but I decided to go for a regular cake for everyone else.

Funny story: FH made dinner a couple of months ago with two different kinds of mashed potatoes: margarine and soy milk for me, and butter and 2% for him. Well, he ended up throwing his out and just eating mine! Since, we've used soy and margarine in our potatoes.
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Our cake was four tiers, the bottom and third layers were red velvet, the second was French vanilla, and the top layer (our layer that I want to bust out of the freezer every time I open the fridge) is peanut butter cream. I can''t wait to have that!!

:)

KoCo

Rough_Rock
Our cake will be lemon with raspberry filling and buttercream icing...ITS DELICIOUS!!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Ours will be two tiers. The larger one will be dark chocolate with a chocolate raspberry truffle filling, and the top will probably be white cake with lemon filling. Buttercream frosting. My absolute favorite cake is dark chocolate with cream cheese frosting, but our baker doesn''t offer it. And I think the buttercream will hold up longer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results