shape
carat
color
clarity

Name these kittens!

What do you want to see these kittens named?

• Finch

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Wren

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Sparrow

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Starling

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Chickadee

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Swallow

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Swift

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Bunting

• Tern

• Piper

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters

justginger

Ideal_Rock
It's that time again - time to name these kittens! :bigsmile: Last time it took me ages to decide and I'm keen to make sure that doesn't happen again. I bond better with little ones that have a name, a way to connect.

With our mumma cat being named Turtledove (not sure where that came from - just popped in my head the first time I saw her), I'm going to stick with the bird theme. I've provided a few that caught my eye. I'm trying to keep them gender-neutral, as it takes quite a while for the sexes to become obvious. Our current older litter has a "Maiden" that ended up being a boy, and a "Filly" who did as well. :lol:

Attached are some photos, partly to help you visualize, and partly because they're just heartmeltingly adorable. :love:

Kitten 1, the biggest, sort of white-ticked gray
kitten1.jpg

Kitten 2, the smallest, a solid darker gray
kitten2.jpg

Kitten 3, obviously gorgeous
kitten3.jpg

Since there are three kittens, feel free to choose up to three names. And, as always, if you have another suggestion, please speak up! :wavey:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
And a couple more. I have been shamefully lax at taking photos of my last litter growing up, so will be inundating PS with photos of these three! ::)

closeup_0.jpg

milkbar.jpg

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Soooooo cute!!! I want to cuddle them all and coo and purr :)) I voted for Sparrow, Starling and Chickadee :D

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
They are so much cuter than I would have thought.
Golem
Golem Jr.
Saruman

or if they need to be birds,

Dodo
kiwi
Twit

justginger

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1360423370|3376036 said:
They are so much cuter than I would have thought.
Golem
Golem Jr.
Saruman

or if they need to be birds,

Dodo
kiwi
Twit

:lol: I will certainly take these suggestions on board, VL!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The names I think sound best are Starling, Piper, and Chickadee. I'd name them according to their coloring, with the dark grey one as Starling, the calico as Chickadee (also calicos are usually female, right? And that sounds like a girl name...you could nickname her Chickie if you want 2 syllables), and the lighter grey one as Piper.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sweet! I just want to cuddle and nuzzle.

Wren, Starling and Sparrow.

D

Deactivated member 42515

1 Kiwi
2 Pitta
3 Goldeneye aka Goldie

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This more a question. The Multi colored looks to maybe be a Calico.. Are all Calicos girls or is that an old wives tale?

I love Starling and Sparrow....and piper.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
TOOOOOOO cute!!! oh my!! I love the little tortoise face!!! I'd call that one Chickadee!! My vote was Wren, Sparrow and Chickadee! Oh so cute, I'm excited to see these 3 babies grow!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wren, piper. And chickadee!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I voted Starling, Chickadee, and Piper.

And, seriously, OMG -- cuteness overload! I am literally ooohing and aaahing over here! The 3rd one with the obvious markings is so beautiful!!!!

I don't know how you do it, Ginger. I applaud you for being able to foster and then give them away. :appl: I could never do that.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
if you're giving them away they are welcome here!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
DH and I have talked about the names, and what sort of combination we like best, and have come to a decision.

First: Piper appears to be one of the most popular names. However, I've since remembered that is the name of the surrendering woman's daughter. Yes, I did contact necessary authorities regarding her. She is still attempting to stay in contact with me, and the last thing I want is for her to find out that one of the kitten's names is the same as her child, ya know?

So our first definite choice is Chickadee, for kitten 3. The chances of this little one being a boy is something like 1 in 5,000. Surely she'll be a girl. And if not, it'll be a 'Boy Named Sue' sorta situation. :lol:

Next definite choice is Sparrow. A la Captain Jack Sparrow! As captain and leader, this will be kitten 1.

And finally, kitten 2. I do like the name Starling, as one of the other favorites here, but I think it is girl-leaning. And at a very, very rough guess I think this kitten will be a boy. So, our final choice for 'him' is Wren!

Enerchi gets the gold star award: you picked them all! :bigsmile:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
justginger|1360474317|3376544 said:
DH and I have talked about the names, and what sort of combination we like best, and have come to a decision.

First: Piper appears to be one of the most popular names. However, I've since remembered that is the name of the surrendering woman's daughter. Yes, I did contact necessary authorities regarding her. She is still attempting to stay in contact with me, and the last thing I want is for her to find out that one of the kitten's names is the same as her child, ya know?

So our first definite choice is Chickadee, for kitten 3. The chances of this little one being a boy is something like 1 in 5,000. Surely she'll be a girl. And if not, it'll be a 'Boy Named Sue' sorta situation. :lol:

Next definite choice is Sparrow. A la Captain Jack Sparrow! As captain and leader, this will be kitten 1.

And finally, kitten 2. I do like the name Starling, as one of the other favorites here, but I think it is girl-leaning. And at a very, very rough guess I think this kitten will be a boy. So, our final choice for 'him' is Wren!

justginger all the kittens are so beautiful...I want to snuggle up with them and their sweet mommy! Love the name choices! Bless your heart for fostering these little babies :saint:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
justginger|1360474317|3376544 said:

Well how about that? WOO HOO!!! and for my prize... a little floral appreciation would be welcome... say... a POPPY for example!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great names!! And I can't wait till we get to play again if you do get more foster kittens! (... what else have you got in your jewelry box that I can lust after??? :naughty: :Up_to_something: :naughty: )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results