shape
carat
color
clarity

Name the beauty items you can't live without...

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here a very abbreviated list of my daily must haves:

My Babyliss Titanium straightening iron, Moroccan Oil hydrating styling cream--both make my dry hair sleek and smooth in no time!

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Lorac Breakthrough Performance foundation and/or Bare Escentuals foundation--for porcelain like skin!

Feel free to chime in with some of your beauty essentials!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Dermalogica Skin smoothing cream, Touche Eclat, Chanel Bronzer and Mascara, Nivea Lipbalm and Eyebrow pencil for my face. A round brush and hairdryer for my fringe.

But so much more than any of that, and I think this is the sole reason I am still sane - I could not live without Jo Malone bath oils, a daily soak in the bath looking at my rings glimmering up from under the water with those delicious scents and I am a fully restored human being. Bliss. :D

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Colgate Whitening toothpaste
L'oreal waterproof black eyeliner
L'oreal Mascara - any really
Almay eye makeup remover pads
My Mary Kay eye shadow brush

That's mostly it. I also use St. Ives Apricot Scrub for blackheads, but I'm not sure if that counts as beauty.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brow makeup (Benefit Brow Zing) and good brushes.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Clarisonic MIA

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Facial moisturizer
Mascara
Lipgloss

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
DevaCurl curly hair products.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Oxy face wash with Benzoyl Peroxide.
Eyebrow pencil, sephora marker type to fill in a few areas
Murad vitamin c eye cream
Illuminaire mineral foundation dotted where I need it
Shu Eyelash curler
Kiss Me mascara

I use lip stains rather than wearing lipstick. I never wear eye shadow. I like to look like me but better and it actually makes me look younger to do the "less is more" approach.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Cetaphil face wash
Aveeno tinted moisturizer
under eye conceal (bare escentials)
mascara - cover girl

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
St ives face scrub, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, brow pencil, bronzer powder

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lipstick!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tooth brush, paste, floss, diluted 3% Hydrogen Peroxide for whitening

soap
shampoo
water

I buy no conditioners, make up, moisturizers, wrinkle creams etc.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
While I have a list of favorite brands I prefer, I can make do with any face soap and moisturizer (not super loyal to just one line). I have to have them though or my skin gets flaky and oily at the same time (weird right?). also, obviously I need deodorant and toothpaste!

The same goes with makeup - I switch it up a lot between brands. I am a big fan of Christian Dior mascara and lipstick, but I don't wear makeup everyday, so I "can live without them" Here are the products I like:

either Estee Lauder SplashAway or salycilic acid face wash from the salon that gave me a facial (can't remember the brand)
Degree deodorant with citrusy scent

Smashbox primer
Makeup Forever or Chanel foundation
Makeup Forever loose powder
Christian Dior eyeliner and DiorShow mascara (love love love this mascara)
Christian Dior shine addict lipstick (much better than Chanel lipstick in my opinion)
lemon aid for eyes from benefit

For all other makeup items, I switch it up between whatever products catch my eye or look fun to try.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
can't live without? chapstick and the Clinique dramatically different moisturizer.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Shu uemura eyelash curler
Tarte lip stain OR Burt's Bees lip shimmer
Bare Escentuals Mineral SPF 15 foundation
Kiehls SPF15 Oil Free Moisturizer
Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleanser

Haute & Naughty Lashes by Mac

THE BEST mascara (for me) everrrrrrrr

and those Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
For those of you who listed it, what makes the Shu uemura eyelash curler better than other eyelash curlers?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Non-soap facial wash
Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv eye-cream
Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv moisturiser
Estee Lauder CyberWhite sunscreen SPF50
Chanel liquid eyeliner
Lipgloss

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1313292467|2990414 said:
Tooth brush, paste, floss, diluted 3% Hydrogen Peroxide for whitening

soap
shampoo
water

I buy no conditioners, make up, moisturizers, wrinkle creams etc.

Kenny, I think you posted about this before but I can't seem to find the relevant thread. What is your routine for whitening your teeth? How do you dilute the hydrogen peroxide? I really *hate* the yellowness of my teeth - have had them professionally bleached once and that didn't do anything to them. Thank you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rinse for a minute with a solution that is half water and half 3% Hydrogen Peroxide.
Do not swallow it, spit it out.

Follow this by usual brushing of teeth with toothpaste.
Do this for one week, or two if needed.

Repeat 3 or 4 times a year as needed.

Also, I never miss a change to say . . . it's essential to floss properly daily to keep gums healthy.
Most tooth loss later in life is from gums loosing their grip on teeth, not from tooth decay.

Cleaning tongue with a tongue scrapper or up side down spoon daily will keep your breath fresh.
Reach as far back on the tongue as you comfortably can.
Our tongue is like a sponge and can hold tons of plaque, as you will see when you scrape it. :knockout:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1313302107|2990463 said:
Rinse for a minute with a solution that is half water and half 3% Hydrogen Peroxide.
Do not swallow it, spit it out.

Follow this by usual brushing of teeth with toothpaste.
Do this for one week, or two if needed.

Repeat 3 or 4 times a year as needed.
Also, I never miss a change to say . . . it's essential to floss properly daily to keep gums healthy.
Most tooth loss later in life is from gums loosing their grip on teeth, not from tooth decay.

Cleaning tongue with a tongue scrapper or up side down spoon daily will keep your breath fresh.
Reach as far back on the tongue as you comfortably can.
Our tongue is like a sponge and can hold tons of plaque, as you will see when you scrape it. :knockout:

That was fast! Thank you, Kenny.

Now, do you bleach every day for about a week or two initially? and then each time you repeat, it's just the once or repeat the routine (ie. daily for a week) 3-4 times (as in 3-4 weeks of daily bleaching) a year?

I agree that a lot of people don't floss or don't know how to floss properly. I didn't either until my dentist insisted on drumming it into me and now I floss at least 3 times a day, after every single meal. I even carry floss in my purse and have one in my desk drawer.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I Have thick corse wavy hair that gets bad splitends and dryness even though I don't process or use heat on it. Here's my newly developed routine that's working great:

Phyto hair vitamins... My hair has actually been growing a inch a week in the six weeks I've been taking them allowing me to have long hair with much younger and healthier ends.
Phytojoba shampoo and conditioner
Argan oil for the reasons you mentioned ( same as morrocan but less expensive)
Nexxus comb through hairspray as found in the travel size section of most drugstores, use on wet hair, comb and airdry

For my face
Clinique powder brow corrector ( eyebrows make the biggest difference!)
Suki travel kits with minis of all their items except I don't just use when I travel, their products are expensive and are effective in small amounts so I just buy one every few months. I like the balancing one.
Thayers witchhazel with rose... I add glycolic acid to make toner, my goal is 10% acidity but I just eyeball it and go for a mild tingle.
As above- alpha beta peels with 40-50% glycolic and 10-20% salicylic acid. Yes I do these at home!
Aveeno or nutragena sunblock for face in as high an SPF as I can find. I wore it most days even before I moved to Africa. I hate the "leathered" look and my father drilled it into me Because my grandfather had melanoma ( caught early thankfully).

Eta- clean and clear oil absorbing sheets, they were unavailable for a while but seem to be back.
Flirt tintalicious lipstick in queenie ( only sold at kohls but it's the bomb).

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Vaseline for chapped lips
No7 Intense and Perfect Serum
Clarins Hydraquench Cream
Nivea Hand Cream

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Guilty Pleasure|1313298896|2990455 said:
For those of you who listed it, what makes the Shu uemura eyelash curler better than other eyelash curlers?

Most curl by making a kink, this is a smooth arc. I lost mine, must get another! They are $20-30 I think.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Clinique face wash

Sisley face sun block

I'm pretty low maintenance.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Clairns beauty flash balm
Estee lauder day wear plus
Estee lauder advance night repair

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Must Have:
Cetaphil cleanser
Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort body wash and lotion

Aveeno Smart Essentials spf 30 (face)
Fresh Soy face lotion
Korres Rose face mask

Burt's Bees lip balm
Burt's Bees lip shimmer

Supergoop spf 30 (body)
EcoTools hand cream

Tweezerman tweezers
fingernail clippers
Q-Tips

COULD Live Without, But Would Rather Not:
Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash
Philip Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads
Oil of Olay Age Defying Revitalizing Eye Gel
Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough Serum (face)
Loreal EverPure Smooth Frizz-Free Serum (hair)
Essie nail polish
Stella eau de parfum roll-on

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could live without most beauty items but the ones that I use most often are vaseline (rose or coconut flavour) and my ghd to straighten my hair. Apart from brushing my teeth these are the only two products I use on a daily basis. If I remember I cleanse and moisturise and use body shop vitamin E items as I find they suit my skin best.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1313302701|2990466 said:
Now, do you bleach every day for about a week or two initially? and then each time you repeat, it's just the once or repeat the routine (ie. daily for a week) 3-4 times (as in 3-4 weeks of daily bleaching) a year?

I'm certainly no expert but I'd say, it depends.
If you have teeth-staining habits, blueberries, tea, coffee, smoking etc., do it more.
My hygienist said repeat "as needed" - but I think I do recall she said a few times a year.
You may want to ask your hygienist or dentist but consider the source, as teeth whitening is a high-profit service for them.
My hygienist practically whispered all this in my ear when the doctor was out of the room.
Even then she and I have a good rapport and friendship.

I end up whitening my teeth this way for two-week daily treatments maybe 3 or 4 times a year.
If you expect your teeth to be Julia Roberts' blindly-white you may do it more often.
I'll usually start it 2-weeks prior to some important event where I want everyone to worship me as the god that I am! :bigsmile:

I do not know at what point it becomes too much, as in not good for your health, but my hygienist said if you experience gum tenderness you may want to back off some.
She also said if you have good hygiene habits your gums will be less sensitive, so factor that in.
IOW, gum sensitivity may mean you need to improve your brushing/flossing routine.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Petroleum Jelly
Wet N' Wild waterproof eyeliner
False eyelashes with Duo glue in dark
Strydex face wipes
Blotting papers for my oily face ;(
A really good foundation

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results