shape
carat
color
clarity

Name change question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
A couple of months after we''re married we''re flying up to Virginia for FI''s family''s lake week. His parents bought the tickets and used my current last name. Does that mean that I can''t change my last name until after? I don''t know how much of a hassle the airport will be...

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
i think you can call the airlines and have them change the name on the ticket ... but i think they charge $ for that.

otherwise, you should just bring a photocopy of your marriage certificate, an ID that has your maiden name, and another ID that has your husband''s name. OR, maybe you should just show an ID that has your maiden name and should be ok.
1.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
This name changing thing is not done quickly. I''m leaving the country in two weeks with my maiden name on a ticket and my passport and in August....hopefully with a new passport, but the ticket will still be in my maiden name just in case. Depends on the state (or country) I''m sure, but its easier (according to the sources I found) to travel with your maiden name on a ticket even if you have finally changed your name, than a new name that you haven''t quite finished the paperwork for. Make sense? Personally, I would keep the ticket as is.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls!
I asked because we have to change our names at a courthouse about an hour away from me. Since I already have to go down there in July, I figured I''d kill two birds with one stone. But I guess I gotta suck it up and take two trips! blah!
14.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a PITA to travel with a half changed name. That being said, you should still be able to travel with a ticket made under your maiden name even if you have changed your name on your ID''s as long as you bring a copy of your marriage certificate because THAT will have your maiden name on it. That''s what I did and it was no problem. But they did want to see the marriage license.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results