shape
carat
color
clarity

N. CAL PSERs... Too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We looked at Wente yesterday, and even though we really loved it, I don't want to book the first place we looked at (I'm sick so I listened to you all about venues and just went to the one) and want to look around a LITTLE more to see what else is available.

SO... I found this place. My parent's live in San Ramon. All the golf courses are lovely, and well, it's SO FREAKING affordable it's amazing.

http://www.wedgewoodbanquet.com/index.htm

Here's the packages information: http://www.wedgewoodbanquet.com/san_ramon/wp.html the emerald package.

For less than Wente I can get the following for all of my guests. And possibly even do an evening wedding like my mother wants. It includes EVERYTHING except an officiant, bouquets, and photography.
23.gif
EVERYTHING!

Is this too good to be true ladies? Just from the price I'm ready to book ASAP.

ETA: I looked up some reviews and the place has hidden fees and problems out the wazoo apparently. I'm only doing this once, as Aljdway said, so I'm going to do it right. Still... it was a lovely fantasy while it lasted.

Invitations and Response Cards from our Celebration West Bride and Groom Collection
Your Personal Rehearsal and Ceremony Director.
Gazebo Decorated with Fresh Flowers
Customized Music and MC Services
Fresh Floral Centerpieces on all Dining Tables & Head Tables
Engraved Glass Toasting Goblets and Personalized Cocktail Napkins
Non-Alcoholic Strawberry Punch
Hosted Bar throughout the Reception featuring Well & Call Liquors, Premium Wines and Beers
Your Choice of Six Passed and Stationary Hors d' Oeuvres from our Extensive Menu
Choice of one of the following Menu Selections:
One of our Fabulous Duet Plates Served with your choice of Salad, Fresh Vegetable Medley, Specially Selected Potato or Rice, and Freshly Baked Breads and Butter
Or: Full Buffet Featuring Three Hot Entrees from our Menu Including Carved Prime Rib, Eight Assorted Salads, Fresh Vegetable Medley, Specially Selected Potato or Rice and Freshly Baked Breads and Butter
California Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot or White Zinfandel Premium wine; choice of two served throughout dinner
Deluxe Wedding Cake
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Korbel Champagne and Cider Toast
Wedding Night Room at a Premium Local Hotel
Choice of Linen Napkin Colors
Beverage Station Throughout the Reception

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry Layla - sucks when things don''t work out like that. But I''m sure that your wedding will be lovely and wonderful wherever it ends up happening.

I meant to post on your dress thread that I had an AMAZING seamstress for my wedding dress alterations. Her name is Kristen Tucker and she''s in San Mateo. Here is a link to her website. She custom-makes all kinds of gowns but also does alterations. Her alterations on my dress were phenomenal - she converted the back from a plain hidden zipper (that was broken) to a full-on corset back that gave enough support that I didn''t need anything underneath it to support the (34DD) girls, which included cutting the whole bodice piece down significantly since it was too long for short little me. She also gave me an AMAZING bustle (it looked like whipped cream - exactly what I wanted), and did a couple of other small things as well. The grand total for all of this was $150
23.gif
32.gif
I honestly felt like we were robbing her or something. My mom sent her a generous gift card after the wedding though
2.gif

Anyway, if I would trust anyone to do major alterations to a dress as exquisite as yours, and to be able to source something like amazing lace and give guidance about how to add it to the dress, it would be her.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock

Hi gypsy - sorry to hear that the wedgewood place won't work out. It's tough for us Bay Area'ers.

I had a stress out today about how much things were costing. I was ready to just say - forget it - let's elope. I seriously would have considered this if I knew from the beginning how complicated and expensive everything gets. I got the alcohol pricing and it looks like the drinks are going to cost as much as the food - I guess I'm just so naive! I was trying to keep in a $10,000 budget for 100 people but it is so not going to happen.

I think that the Wente Winery looks great and if they can include food and beverage and have a great location where you can have the ceremony it would be a great location. I forget how many people you are planning to have. Does Wente have a site/facility/ceremony fee? If not then $100 per person sounds like a good deal.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 12:19:28 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
I''m sorry Layla - sucks when things don''t work out like that. But I''m sure that your wedding will be lovely and wonderful wherever it ends up happening.

I meant to post on your dress thread that I had an AMAZING seamstress for my wedding dress alterations. Her name is Kristen Tucker and she''s in San Mateo. Here is a link to her website. She custom-makes all kinds of gowns but also does alterations. Her alterations on my dress were phenomenal - she converted the back from a plain hidden zipper (that was broken) to a full-on corset back that gave enough support that I didn''t need anything underneath it to support the (34DD) girls, which included cutting the whole bodice piece down significantly since it was too long for short little me. She also gave me an AMAZING bustle (it looked like whipped cream - exactly what I wanted), and did a couple of other small things as well. The grand total for all of this was $150
23.gif
32.gif
I honestly felt like we were robbing her or something. My mom sent her a generous gift card after the wedding though
2.gif

Anyway, if I would trust anyone to do major alterations to a dress as exquisite as yours, and to be able to source something like amazing lace and give guidance about how to add it to the dress, it would be her.
HI HONEY!!!

How funny. I JUST found Kristen''s name and book marked her on Project Wedding (ringster, I''ve found that between there and the knot reviews I get decent leads on things I need), so it''s ironic you recommended her too! All the work she did sounds perfect. I''ll give her a call tomorrow about taking the dress to her in a couple of weeks.

How are things with you? Are you loving the new place? How are the cats?

Ringster, it is a bit stressful to the bay area PSers re-weddings. But we are blessed with so many lovely areas to choose from, and lovely weather for a long season to book. So I guess it all balances out (still having palpitations from the alcohol estimate...lol).

I''ve found some great leads and recommendations. I''ve got information on a another venue I''m going to call tomorrow for qoutes, it looks kinda promising. Wente does have a site fee, but for Sunday''s it''s reasonable and includes a lot so I''m fine with it. It''s 1,000 (for a day event). I''m okay with losing my date, John and I talked about that, if it means finding the right venue. John thinks the inside space is a little cramped at Wente and while I loved Trisha our coordinator, the one that showed us around left us both cold. But it''s lovely, and it''s a very fliud space that lends itself to different layouts so I think it''ll be fine... and I liked Trisha, so I think that will be okay too.

I just found out officiants run 400 BUCKS in the bay area.
emdgust.gif
What the heck for? I''m getting qoutes around there for a DJ!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I actually got married five years ago, but wanted to recommend the Brazilian Room inside Tilden Park in Berkeley. http://www.herecomestheguide.com/location/detail/brazilian-room

I'm not sure what pricing is like now, but I found it to be very affordable back when we were planning. Booking was challenging back then and competitive, but the setting was perfect for us. You can have the ceremony and reception at the same place. The flagstone patio has a gorgeous view since the B-Room is set on top of a hill. Parking is easy since there is a lot adjacent to the facility. There is a list of caterers to choose from and many of them allowed us to supply our own liquor.

BTW, there is a lake nearby to take pictures at...can't quite remember what is was called.

Good luck!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gypsy,

I am so sorry the Wedgewood didn''t work out for you! My best friend''s parents live in San Ramon and it is a gorgeous place!

My friend''s mom gave me a bag full of stuff about locations in the Bay Area and I know one of them was lovely and affordable, but I can''t find it right this minute, so I will look for it and send along any information I find to you.

I hope you feel better soon, too!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 12:50:29 AM
Author: Gypsy
Date: 1/14/2008 12:19:28 AM

23.gif
32.gif
2.gif

HI HONEY!!!

How funny. I JUST found Kristen''s name and book marked her on Project Wedding (ringster, I''ve found that between there and the knot reviews I get decent leads on things I need), so it''s ironic you recommended her too! All the work she did sounds perfect. I''ll give her a call tomorrow about taking the dress to her in a couple of weeks.

How are things with you? Are you loving the new place? How are the cats?

Ringster, it is a bit stressful to the bay area PSers re-weddings. But we are blessed with so many lovely areas to choose from, and lovely weather for a long season to book. So I guess it all balances out (still having palpitations from the alcohol estimate...lol).

I''ve found some great leads and recommendations. I''ve got information on a another venue I''m going to call tomorrow for qoutes, it looks kinda promising. Wente does have a site fee, but for Sunday''s it''s reasonable and includes a lot so I''m fine with it. It''s 1,000 (for a day event). I''m okay with losing my date, John and I talked about that, if it means finding the right venue. John thinks the inside space is a little cramped at Wente and while I loved Trisha our coordinator, the one that showed us around left us both cold. But it''s lovely, and it''s a very fliud space that lends itself to different layouts so I think it''ll be fine... and I liked Trisha, so I think that will be okay too.

I just found out officiants run 400 BUCKS in the bay area.
emdgust.gif
What the heck for? I''m getting qoutes around there for a DJ!

I''m glad you''ve got Kirsten''s info - she really is fantastic. She can be a little standoffish at first (not unpleasant at all, just not warm and gushy, very businesslike and to the point), so don''t be surprised by that, but she really is a sweetheart and she does amazing work, especially for the price. I''d love to hear what she says about your gorgeous dress
2.gif

We do love the new place, thanks for asking. Kitties love it too - lots of window space to watch the birds and squirrels. I''ve been totally swamped at lab so not much time for anything other than that, but hopefully it will translate into some good data so I can finish my degree sooner rather than later (goal is to be wrapping up around this time next year, but with PhD programs, who ever knows
3.gif
)

I''m loving reading about your wedding planning - I think it (and you) are just going to be so gorgeous, I can''t wait to see pictures
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 11:56:59 AM

I''m glad you''ve got Kirsten''s info - she really is fantastic. She can be a little standoffish at first (not unpleasant at all, just not warm and gushy, very businesslike and to the point), so don''t be surprised by that, but she really is a sweetheart and she does amazing work, especially for the price. I''d love to hear what she says about your gorgeous dress
2.gif

We do love the new place, thanks for asking. Kitties love it too - lots of window space to watch the birds and squirrels. I''ve been totally swamped at lab so not much time for anything other than that, but hopefully it will translate into some good data so I can finish my degree sooner rather than later (goal is to be wrapping up around this time next year, but with PhD programs, who ever knows
3.gif
)

I''m loving reading about your wedding planning - I think it (and you) are just going to be so gorgeous, I can''t wait to see pictures
36.gif
I"ll keep your words in mind when I meet her, it''s always good to know when people are just naturally reserved.

As for the new place... it sounds FABULOUS! I''m so happy you found the perfect place for you and the cats. BIRDS!!! We miss you on here bt I''m happy to hear your absence is translating itself into you acheiving your goals more quickly! I can''t wait to post congratulations and balloons and cake for your PHD completion!
Thank you for the compliments. Stay tuned, more craziness to come with wedding planning. I''m really low on patience with the whole process which promising much hilarity to come!

We really need to do another GTG soon.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 1:42:31 AM
Author: Harleigh
Hi Gypsy,

I am so sorry the Wedgewood didn''t work out for you! My best friend''s parents live in San Ramon and it is a gorgeous place!

My friend''s mom gave me a bag full of stuff about locations in the Bay Area and I know one of them was lovely and affordable, but I can''t find it right this minute, so I will look for it and send along any information I find to you.

I hope you feel better soon, too!
Okay, the place that my bff''s mom was raving about WAS Wedgewood for her son''s wedding, so it appears that will no longer work for you. She shared all of the paperwork with packages, copies of their contract with all of things they ordered, who they worked with, etc..., and had nothing but good things to say about the place, but I see that their other reviews are not good and you have already ruled it out.

My friend''s mom is very particular and puts up with nada, so if the place met HER high standards, I would think they *might* be okay if it were me looking at it, but I wasn''t at her son''s wedding when they had it at Wedgewood, I just attended a banquet there a few years ago and thought it was lovely, but you don''t need the headache of a place that might ruin your day!

She did tell me about the Rose Garden at the Sheraton in Sunnyvale where she attended a gorgeous wedding (I have all of the stuff she collected from THAT one, too! (She is so much better than my own, non-participatory mother, I swear!) When I talk to her again I''ll check and see if she has any other ideas...they are always going to events in the Bay Area.

Sorry I don''t have any better ideas for a grand new place that''s affordable...you may have decided on one by now anyways, but I told you I would get back to you and certainly didn''t want to be a flake!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Harleigh!!! I posted on the knot and 3 brides who had their weddings there had very little that was positive to say to about their venue. SO, I knocked it off the list.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results