shape
carat
color
clarity

Mystery Balenciaga bag?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Hi fellow B-bag lovers. I have a mystery for you guys. You might recall I said I was having NM send me two black B-bags to decide between after taking my black MJ bag back. The lady described a bag I couldn''t identify over the phone but it sounded cute so I told her to send it. So it came Saturday (it was supposed to come today when DH wasn''t here). I waited until he was back to work to open it. I was going NUTS. I did tell him about it and he was ok with what I was doing but he didn''t know they came. SOOO...now I have a first and a mystery bag. The saleslady called it a Dachsund (spell?). It IS very cute. See photos. I don''t have very good light but I wanted to show you guys. Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? I will post this on TPF too but I don''t know how to post pics there yet and I have to feed my kids so it will be a while. Plus, I knew you guys would want to see it.

I put it next to the first in this photo so you can get a perspective on size.

mysterybagandfirst.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
It has this cute little whistle thing attached and I little buckle thingie on top.

mysterybag1new.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about the double post. I have a baby hanging on my leg and the original sizes were too big so I had to redo them AND of course, the names.

mysterybag4Bnew.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I guess the only way to authenticate it for sure as a B-bag is to call the B store. I can''t imagine NM would be selling a fake but since I have NEVER heard of this one, I want to make sure.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I think that is it! Why haven''t I ever seen that one before? Is it a new style?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. I just have to comment on the fact that I post these pics and like 4 minutes later, some expert on B-bags weighs in. Is this fun or what?

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Haha! I am SO not an expert! I stumbled upon that site last week when I was trying to find something you guys were discussing that I was clueless about! I remember seeing the whistle on the bag and thinking, "Hmm, no one''s talked about this one on PS before!"

That is an Australian company -- maybe they have different models there?

It''s a pretty cute bag, I think
21.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 9:37:08 AM
Author: ellaila
Haha! I am SO not an expert! I stumbled upon that site last week when I was trying to find something you guys were discussing that I was clueless about! I remember seeing the whistle on the bag and thinking, ''Hmm, no one''s talked about this one on PS before!''

That is an Australian company -- maybe they have different models there?

It''s a pretty cute bag, I think
21.gif
But I got it from NM in Virginia. I am going to ask about it on TPF. It IS very cute and I love it but I am trying to think if it will work for me or not. It has no long strap and the straps just fit over my shoulder with no coat. If I wore it with a coat, I would have to carry it on my arm. I think I have definately ruled out the first. I just think it is too small. So it would be between this one and a black city. Ahhhh...B-bags will drive me into an early grave.

What do you guys think? Do you need a bag to fit over your shoulder? Would it bug you if it didn''t? I kind of like the idea of having a bag that not many have heard of. But to me that black city is the quintessential motorcyle bag. But this one could be used in a more dressy place, like out to dinner. Two black bags is out of the question. Decisions, decisions.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Allison, how funny about the mystery bag! I had no idea about that style either...go elailla! hhaha. I wish that the SA''s knew more about the b-bags styles and names. Sometimes when you call they don''t know the right names or styles and you have to definitely play a guessing game. At Susan one of the gals said that this style we saw was called the Clutch but I looked it up on Naff and the Clutch is something else and what she showed us was named something entirely diff.

In terms of the size and fitting, I think the city would be perfect for you if the first is too small. I like for a purse to fit on my shoulder OR be held by straps. But mostly yes I like it on the shoulder so I think it would bug me if it didn''t fit well on theshoulder. That''s why I like how the firsts and the cities etc have the small handles OR the shoulder strap so you can do either or. I love The Purse style but it has no shoulder strap so I could see it getting irritating to always only have to carry by the smaller handles over time.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I am going to guess but it looks like the mini bowler to me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh it''s definitely not the mini bowler!! someone posted a mini on TPF and that''s not it...i love the mini bowler though!!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I''m no expert, seeing as how mara turned me onto bbags in the first place, but I do know that the bag u posted is a Whistle. It''s a limited edition style, according to the retailer over here in Australia where I had purchased 2 bbags!

It comes in 2 styles, a longish one and squarish one. I think the one u posted is the square one.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I am sooo torn. It is really cute and I love the way the little whistle on it jingles. But it doesn''t fit over my shoulder when I wear a coat. I took another look at the first and maybe it isn''t too small. i just love it too. Oh, if ONLY I could keep both of them. haha...right.

ALL of these things are so darn beautiful. Even my DH was saying how nice the leather was and how nice it smelled. Did you see where the designer for B-bags got voted 1 of the top 50 or 100 most influential people this year in Time magazine?

I just got a new Neiman Marcus catalog and it had a huge green B-bag in the front with the big ugly gold hardware.

Even if you don''t shop at NM, I highly recommend getting a charge account there just so you can see their catalogs. They are beautiful. They were saying that green is the big ''in'' color this spring.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
allison, you still gotta show us some pics of you BI box...my cornflower just shipped today so it will be a few more days for me..

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 10:31:59 PM
Author: mrssalvo
allison, you still gotta show us some pics of you BI box...my cornflower just shipped today so it will be a few more days for me..
I will. I am having my house cleaned today so I will have a little more time because I won''t have to spend the entire day cleaning...oh, woe is me. haha. Just kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results