shape
carat
color
clarity

My wonky disco ball

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Friends! I've been MIA for a while but decided it was time to jump back into PS :)

In December I was browsing IG and I saw this ring. Something in my brain snapped and I knew I would never forgive myself if someone else got her. Something about her wonkiness just grabbed my heart! I purchased her from Davin Jewelry on Etsy, and the seller was so sweet and responsive. I sent her off to Sako to make sure that all her teeny little prongs were in order, and that she matched the description from the seller. Everything was perfect and Sako only had to resize her!

Description from the seller:

“A stunning antique Edwardian period (1901-1910) 2.50 ctw old mine cut diamond circular statement ring in platinum & 18k yellow gold. This fabulous antique early 1900's ring features a circular design with a platinum top and 18k gold body, the top is covered in amazing chunky, sparkling old mine cut diamonds of varying color from approximately, H-L, all bezel and bead set within their own millegrain edged compartments within a larger circler triple banded and millegrain edged top that leads to an intricately pierced lower gallery that is curved to hug the finger and lets in lots of light for maximum sparkle which then leads to quintessentially Edwardian arrow shoulders and a smooth rear band. Not hallmarked, but tests for platinum and 18k gold.”

She is perfect! Only one of the old cuts is not eye clean, but the rest of them are not only eye clean, but no inclusions under my loupe. I think the darkest yellows miiiiiiight qualify for fancy light yellow, as they have a lot of color. My favorite thing is the teeny tables and puffy crowns. I love running my finger over the top and feeling the complete uneven-ness of the crowns which all have varying heights. She is about 18mm wide, so she takes up quite a lot of real estate on my finger (shown on size 4.5).

Here is the link from the original IG posting so you can see what a disco ball she is in the sun! link. Vendor photos first, then mine with my macro lens!

Thanks for looking :) and shoutout to @Mreader for following up with me months ago asking why I hadn't made a SMTB thread yet haha!

IMG_8884.PNG

IMG_8889.PNG

IMG_8887.PNG

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9752.jpg

IMG_9750.jpg
IMG_9748.jpg
IMG_9746.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love this very much :kiss2: What a beautiful piece of sparkly jewellery history!

I love the different diamond tints. It gives it a really warm & earthy vibe. I would wear this constantly.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing this with us. I can see why something in your brain snapped when you saw her. Fabulous find!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I love this very much :kiss2: What a beautiful piece of sparkly jewellery history!

I love the different diamond tints. It gives it a really warm & earthy vibe. I would wear this constantly.
Thank you so much! The different diamond colors give her so much attitude!

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing this with us. I can see why something in your brain snapped when you saw her. Fabulous find!

Thank you! I went full bloodhound on the trail mode when I saw this, I couldn't stop thinking about her haha!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends! I've been MIA for a while but decided it was time to jump back into PS :)

In December I was browsing IG and I saw this ring. Something in my brain snapped and I knew I would never forgive myself if someone else got her. Something about her wonkiness just grabbed my heart! I purchased her from Davin Jewelry on Etsy, and the seller was so sweet and responsive. I sent her off to Sako to make sure that all her teeny little prongs were in order, and that she matched the description from the seller. Everything was perfect and Sako only had to resize her!

“A stunning antique Edwardian period (1901-1910) 2.50 ctw old mine cut diamond circular statement ring in platinum & 18k yellow gold. This fabulous antique early 1900's ring features a circular design with a platinum top and 18k gold body, the top is covered in amazing chunky, sparkling old mine cut diamonds of varying color from approximately, H-L, all bezel and bead set within their own millegrain edged compartments within a larger circler triple banded and millegrain edged top that leads to an intricately pierced lower gallery that is curved to hug the finger and lets in lots of light for maximum sparkle which then leads to quintessentially Edwardian arrow shoulders and a smooth rear band. Not hallmarked, but tests for platinum and 18k gold.”

She is perfect! Only one of the old cuts is not eye clean, but the rest of them are not only eye clean, but no inclusions under my loupe. I think the darkest yellows miiiiiiight qualify for fancy light yellow, as they have a lot of color. My favorite thing is the teeny tables and puffy crowns. I love running my finger over the top and feeling the complete uneven-ness of the crowns which all have varying heights. She is about 18mm wide, so she takes up quite a lot of real estate on my finger (shown on size 4.5).

Here is the link from the original IG posting so you can see what a disco ball she is in the sun! link. Vendor photos first, then mine with my macro lens!

Thanks for looking :) and shoutout to @Mreader for following up with me months ago asking why I hadn't made a SMTB thread yet haha!

IMG_8884.PNG

IMG_8889.PNG

IMG_8887.PNG

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9752.jpg

IMG_9750.jpg
IMG_9748.jpg
IMG_9746.jpg

Gorgeous ring!!! Thanks for sharing!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: It's fabulous and I would cry too. The milgraining is so much fun to follow with the eye! I love the color gradient in those stones. You really can just stare at it for a ridiculous amount of time for details. Like I just did :lol:
Signature ring.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love everything about it, all the wonky little OMCs and the setting too! Fabulous!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_8884.PNG

IMG_8889.PNG

IMG_8887.PNG

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9752.jpg

IMG_9750.jpg
IMG_9748.jpg
IMG_9746.jpg

It looks like a piece that a queen would own!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a ring! Love the profile view so you can see all the puffy crowns, by far my favorite aspect of old cuts.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
:love: It's fabulous and I would cry too. The milgraining is so much fun to follow with the eye! I love the color gradient in those stones. You really can just stare at it for a ridiculous amount of time for details. Like I just did :lol:
Signature ring.
Thank you so much! She keeps me busy for hours when I'm just sitting around haha!

Oh I love everything about it, all the wonky little OMCs and the setting too! Fabulous!
Thank you! I know, they're all so weird and misshapen and silly and I love it!

It looks like a piece that a queen would own!
Aww than you so much!

Wow, what a ring! Love the profile view so you can see all the puffy crowns, by far my favorite aspect of old cuts.

omg me too! it's my favorite, thank you!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
She is a dazzling disco ball! What a cool ring. Enjoy!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
That's fantastic! I love it! I think the different personalities of each stone adds to it too! I bet this is dazzling in the sunlight!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_8884.PNG

IMG_8889.PNG

IMG_8887.PNG

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9752.jpg

IMG_9750.jpg
IMG_9748.jpg
IMG_9746.jpg

No wonkiness! Just fabulous! I can see why you had to have it!!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

pammbw

Rough_Rock
Be still my heart! That milgraining is a treat for the eyes!

pammbw

Rough_Rock
And I love the color variation. Makes it look like a flower with ombré or variegated petals. Just beautiful

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Be still my heart! That milgraining is a treat for the eyes!

Thank you! I can’t believe it’s held it’s milgraining for all these years, Sako didn’t have to touch up anything !

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh!! I love it!! Looks great on you! Enjoy!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun ring! I love the size and the uniqueness of it! The fact that it is old makes it a real treasure! Enjoy it!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun ring! I love the size and the uniqueness of it! The fact that it is old makes it a real treasure! Enjoy it!

Thank you!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! Your ring is a Sparkly dream!!! Big, bold, and beautiful!!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this flash up on LT and my heart skipped -LOL

Had to dig for this thread so I could look at this beauty some more
:love: :love:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this flash up on LT and my heart skipped -LOL

Had to dig for this thread so I could look at this beauty some more
:love: :love:

Thank you so much! I am still so glad I impulse purchased this ring as I have never seen another like it! <3

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new ring, almost as much as I love Buster the Cluster. What strikes me about yours is the organic pattern, which as you said, reminds me of a stain glass window. The old cuts look good in every light to me, sunlight and evening light. I find a way to wear Buster almost every day on my middle finger. So happy you found this OOAK ring.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new ring, almost as much as I love Buster the Cluster. What strikes me about yours is the organic pattern, which as you said, reminds me of a stain glass window. The old cuts look good in every light to me, sunlight and evening light. I find a way to wear Buster almost every day on my middle finger. So happy you found this OOAK ring.

Thank you for your kind words!! Sometimes it's the "oddities" that make things perfect, rather than them actually being "perfect". hehe!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results