shape
carat
color
clarity

my wife said... she wants to buy a Lexus SC 430....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i was LMAO. i said.....a mid life crisis car?.
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, DF! Do you think she got tired of jewelry? Ha ha! I bet you spoil her rotten! Hey, look on the bright side: at least she didn''t ask for a Corvette or Porsche, hee hee!
emotion-5.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I dunno. A Corvette or Porsche would be cheaper depending on the model.

If ya wanna learn more, check out www.clublexus.com

If you do buy, I'm a big fan of checking www.carsdirect.com and having the dealer beat their price. If they won't, just buy from carsdirect.com You can see some HUGE discounts on Lexus cars, especially the more expensive models like the SC.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha my husband told me last week he is buying a 1970 Merecedes convertible for his 45th birthday. We are going to go see it this Saturday. I too call it his mid life crisis car. But he deserves it and I think it will be fun!!!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I so want the same car DF. I love it. hubby thinks the Lexus suv''s look like a ladies car but who cares, i''m the one driving it. of course there are other things on the priority list that must come first.
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2006 7:45:06 PM
Author: monarch64
LOL, DF! Do you think she got tired of jewelry? Ha ha! I bet you spoil her rotten! Hey, look on the bright side: at least she didn''t ask for a Corvette or Porsche, hee hee!
emotion-5.gif
i don''t have the $67k. maybe she does
20.gif
i think she just B.S.ing,she''s not a big spender.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha DF that is pretty funny! Maybe you can trade in a watch or something for a down payment! I''m totally kidding, though. I have to say your wifey has wonderful taste in cars and men!

On a side note: my grandmother has always driven "luxury" cars...she started out only driving Lincoln''s but when Lexus came out my dad talked her into that. Now she refuses to drive anything else! I don''t mean to say that Lexus are for "older" people at all--she''s just a hip older lady, with good taste in jewelry too, I might add!

So if your darling wife really wants that Lexus, would you possibly consider a "certified pre-owned" model? Just wondering.
35.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2006 9:56:03 PM
Ha ha DF that is pretty funny! Maybe you can trade in a watch or something for a down payment! I''m totally kidding, though. I have to say your wifey has wonderful taste in cars and men!

On a side note: my grandmother has always driven ''luxury'' cars...she started out only driving Lincoln''s but when Lexus came out my dad talked her into that. Now she refuses to drive anything else! I don''t mean to say that Lexus are for ''older'' people at all--she''s just a hip older lady, with good taste in jewelry too, I might add!

So if your darling wife really wants that Lexus, would you possibly consider a ''certified pre-owned'' model? Just wondering.
35.gif
m64
i love the LS 430
30.gif
if my wife buys the SC 430, i would be in shock
6.gif
it must be mid life crisis
9.gif
she''s too cheap.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I test drove the SC 430, it''s a sweet ride.
31.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
My mid-life crisis and my up-grade.

06C6.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2006 8:17:36 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I so want the same car DF. I love it. hubby thinks the Lexus suv''s look like a ladies car but who cares, i''m the one driving it. of course there are other things on the priority list that must come first.
2.gif
he''s right!!! i wouldn''t drive one,too SISSY.
9.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 12:19:34 AM
Author: Ann
now that''s a mid-life crisis and upgrade!!!!!

movie zombie

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! So, DF, what would be your masculine equivalent of the Lexus your wife wants? Do tell, I am dying to know!
31.gif
30.gif
31.gif
Seems like the guys get to have all the fun while the men get to have the "play" cars...my dad drives an Acura and my mom has an SUV...my DH wants a Dodge Charger and wants me to get a Volvo station wagon when we have kids! What is the deal with this? 40+ guys it''s ok to drive a "sexy" car, and 40+ women get to drive a "grocery getter?" (I''m just teasin'', I know not everyone does this.)
emotion-5.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/31/2006 12:55:19 AM
Ha! So, DF, what would be your masculine equivalent of the Lexus your wife wants? Do tell, I am dying to know!
31.gif
30.gif
31.gif
Seems like the guys get to have all the fun while the men get to have the ''play'' cars...my dad drives an Acura and my mom has an SUV...my DH wants a Dodge Charger and wants me to get a Volvo station wagon when we have kids! What is the deal with this? 40+ guys it''s ok to drive a ''sexy'' car, and 40+ women get to drive a ''grocery getter?'' (I''m just teasin'', I know not everyone does this.)
emotion-5.gif
i sold my "play cars" a couple yrs ago (2) 1970 RS/Z28 camaros.

tell hubby make to sure buy one with a 425 HP Hemi
31.gif
now...that is a hot rod
9.gif
how old is your DH?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2006 6:52:59 PM
Author:Dancing Fire
9.gif
LOL!!! Your wife and my DH think alike. Mr. DiamondLil has been eyeing up the SC convertible for about a year (certified preowned though). It''s not going to happen of course. His RL is a beautiful car, and I refuse to get rid of any car until it''s nearly dead. He''ll be 47 this year.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha - I am the one who gets the nice car and DH has to drive his little diesel van
31.gif
My excuse is that the van doesn't have power steering so it is hard for me to haul round corners and it hurts my wrists. It does actually
14.gif
A classic British sports would be my ideal mid life crisis car - a Triumph Stag convertible or an MG Roadster.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/31/2006 12:55:19 AM
my DH wants a Dodge Charger and wants me to get a Volvo station wagon when we have kids!

My husband put his foot down about Volvos! Our first new car was bought in 2004 (a new Jeep, whereas our other two Jeeps had been used). He has been lamenting the waste of money ever since and vows we will never get a new car again! I had wanted the Volvo SUV instead of the Jeep. That was a no go!!!

Deb
34.gif

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
I had an SC for about a year, but it''s not a drivers car so I went back to Porsche. All the cars in that segment - 911, SC, Vette, Jaguar XK8 (just saw the new one at the DC auto show and it looks like an Astin Martin) and Mercedes SL - have very distinctive driving personalities, so you need to test drive all of them to determine your individual preference. I thought the SC drove like a boat, but it''s a great luxury cruiser.

My mid-life crisis excuse was first played as I approached 40 to justify a British racing green Miata. Since then it''s been Boxster, SLK, SC and now a 911 C4 cab, but nothing compares to the 911 in my opinion.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t know cars as well as diamond rings but heres the one I want
3.gif

lx_black_onyx.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann
LOL....love it
36.gif
at least you admit it
9.gif
anybody else getting a mid-life crisis upgrade?

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 8:48:53 AM
Author: GemKlctr
My mid-life crisis excuse was first played as I approached 40 to justify a British racing green Miata. Since then it''s been Boxster, SLK, SC and now a 911 C4 cab, but nothing compares to the 911 in my opinion.

My plan is to get a Miata for my track car, but I have a few more years to save up for a mid-life crisis Porsche Cayman or Lotus Elise.

... I''ll uh, work on winning the lottery, too!

You''re so right about those cars all having different personalities.. unfortunately I''m REALLY picking about handling..

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 12:05:26 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Ann
LOL....love it
36.gif
at least you admit it
9.gif
Hubby and I have always loved cars, but with kids around it''s hard to drive a small sports car. So they are off to college, we turned 50 and now it''s time to have fun!!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock

I''m a bit young for a mid-life crisis car, but I bought a BMW 325ci coupe cuz I wanted a cool car while I still have hair. My wife has a Camry. Unfortunately, guess who ended up driving which car?
7.gif

I say you let your wife get the SC430 and take it and give her your car. Take one back for the men!
3.gif

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 1:00:24 PM
Author: rfath

My plan is to get a Miata for my track car, but I have a few more years to save up for a mid-life crisis Porsche Cayman or Lotus Elise.

You''re so right about those cars all having different personalities.. unfortunately I''m REALLY picking about handling..
I still miss my Miata, but you don''t need the lottery to get the others. As Diamondlil suggests, look for certified (or well inspected) used vehicles. All of mine were acquired as low mileage 12-18 month old cars, and I saved $10s of thousands. You''ll have to wait a year for a used Cayman, but it''s gorgeous. Unfortunately, it doesn''t come as a convertible (I guess the Boxster is its cab.)

I also recall that there are a number of other Porsche enthusiasts on this Board.

BTY Ann, congrats on your crisis/upgrade. I''ve heard nothing but good things about the new Vette.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/31/2006 1:38:00 PM
Author: codex57

I''m a bit young for a mid-life crisis car, but I bought a BMW 325ci coupe cuz I wanted a cool car while I still have hair. My wife has a Camry. Unfortunately, guess who ended up driving which car?
7.gif

I say you let your wife get the SC430 and take it and give her your car. Take one back for the men!
3.gif
codex
no....
38.gif
mens don''t drive Camry
6.gif
that''s a chinese women car. take back your BMW...NOW!!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 2:35:38 PM

Date: 1/31/2006 1:00:24 PM
Author: rfath

I still miss my Miata, but you don''t need the lottery to get the others. As Diamondlil suggests, look for certified (or well inspected) used vehicles. All of mine were acquired as low mileage 12-18 month old cars, and I saved $10s of thousands. You''ll have to wait a year for a used Cayman, but it''s gorgeous. Unfortunately, it doesn''t come as a convertible (I guess the Boxster is its cab.)

I also recall that there are a number of other Porsche enthusiasts on this Board.

BTY Ann, congrats on your crisis/upgrade. I''ve heard nothing but good things about the new Vette.
GemKlctr, yes we will love it, when we finally pick it up mid-March at the Corvette Museum. Hubby is now saying he is getting a Corvette Z06 next year. Can you imagine our insurance bill ! It''s already 0ver $5,000yr for 4 cars and 2 youngsters!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/31/2006 6:58:40 AM
Author: diamondlil

9.gif
LOL!!! Your wife and my DH think alike. Mr. DiamondLil has been eyeing up the SC convertible for about a year (certified preowned though). It's not going to happen of course. His RL is a beautiful car, and I refuse to get rid of any car until it's nearly dead. He'll be 47 this year.
my wife is just talking B.S.,she's not going to buy one.

yeah...preowned is the way to go
36.gif
2 yrs old (2004) are in the $50k range?
34.gif
not cheap!!!
hey DL
35.gif
how about getting hubby one for his 20th.
30.gif
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 5:21:33 AM

Date: 1/31/2006 6:58:40 AM
Author: diamondlil

9.gif
LOL!!! Your wife and my DH think alike. Mr. DiamondLil has been eyeing up the SC convertible for about a year (certified preowned though). It''s not going to happen of course. His RL is a beautiful car, and I refuse to get rid of any car until it''s nearly dead. He''ll be 47 this year.
my wife is just talking B.S.,she''s not going to buy one.

yeah...preowned is the way to go
36.gif
2 yrs old (2004) are in the $50k range?
34.gif
not cheap!!!
hey DL
35.gif
how about getting hubby one for his 20th.
30.gif
36.gif
Heck NO!! For our 20th, I want the focus to be on ME!!!!
9.gif
2.gif
31.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
The fam just went to the Auto Show in DC.

The family consensus favorite was the Aston Martins. But alas, those are unattainable.

However our second favorite car was the new Lexus 450H. It''s a hybrid (37/31 MPG) sports/performance sedan. It''s breathtaking and will be available in May 2006.

The only unfortunate thing is that it will probably be priced starting in the upper $50s, low $60s. This car will have waiting lists and dealers will probably inflate the costs well above MSRP.

My DH just needs a commuter mobile and we are looking for a hybrid.

My DH said if he got a Prius, I could get a new MDX for the same amount as the Lexus 450H. Hmmm...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF just sell that old 3 carat ring that is collecting dust - she''d have a nice down payment for her car!
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results