shape
carat
color
clarity

My Whiteflash Visit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Wednesday, I had the great pleasure to visit and work with Brian at Whiteflash. I live in Houston, so this was as easy as making an appointment. Eat your heart''s out PS''er''s!! My husband selected a ACA 1.54 H VS2 for my Christmas gift and had it set in a 3-prong Martini setting. After wearing the pendant for a while I decided I wanted to wear it higher up, closer to my neck. Brian was so nice to work with, he wants you to be happy. Heck, how could one not be happy with such gorgeous stones as his! Brian had a great idea to put a jump ring on the pendant chain to in effect shorten it. So I can wear it very close to my nape or a little longer. Super idea, huh? At first I had issues thinking the stone was tilting downward. But honestly, everytime I was looking at it, I was leaning forward in a mirror, so duh!! Brian said the only way to make any pendant do what I wanted it to do was to bolt it to my neck! Anyway, I am very happy, it''s perfect.

Then Brian brought out his "Pet Rocks"!! Oh My Gosh! He showed me a 7.52ct ACA G VVS rock! It was set in a half-bezel pendant setting. Guy''s it was stunning! It also had a sprinkling of tiny champagne diamonds on the outside of the bezel, so pretty. Wish you could see it! I kept holding it up against my finger and thinking, is it too big! ha ha! Nah! I would never experience shrinkage.

Next, we looked at a 5ct I SI1 set in a ring. Wow, what a ring! Very pretty and the colors and fire coming off that stone was blinding. Brian wanted me to compare the I stone to other colors, since I think I can see color! So, he brought out a 3ct and a 3.61 (my fav). Honestly, the only thing I could see was warmth in the I color stone, but you really don''t see any color, just the fire. Brian made a believer of me, considering my motto used to be "No lower than a G".

I also brought to Whiteflash a .97 pear diamond that was my original engagement ring. It has low color of J-K and some visible inclusions. But the stone means a lot to me and we are going to set it in a pendant. The pear will be set with prongs, then a basket set .12ct rb right above the pear. Then above the .12, a bezel set .10 on the chain. The chain will have 6, .10 bezel set stones, spaced out on the chain. Yes, I will (or maybe I can get WF to post some pics when it''s done).

Links to the gorgeous stones Brian showed me:

http://whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=72771,72794,72877

I''ll post a picture in just a sec!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Brian showing me that gorgeous 5ct ring

WF5ctIring.JPG

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
hope this is not blurry!

MyWF 271671234.JPG

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Brian is so nice to work with, he even puts your necklaces on for ya!

Brian1.54ct.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I''m kinda starting not to like you Ann!
27.gif

j/k- you''re gorgeous

I''m jealous

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
ha ha !

thanks, but I won''t post the rest of the pics, I look awful! (and my age!)
I''m trying to figure out how to crop out my face so you guys can see the gorgeous
Light of Fire necklace Brian put on me!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isn''t that 7c the BEST? and the 5c is no slouch either. Both are serioiusly yummy. I stare at the pictures of them on my hand weekly. Okay almost daily. How fun Ann!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I know when I was there I was thinking about you guys having a blast there!
They were all so pretty!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a fun experience Ann! I''m glad to hear that you are happy with your pendant setting now. Isn''t your 30th wedding anniversary coming up here soon???

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial, this pendant is also for my 30th. DH told Brian at WF I wanted a large stone, but duh, I don't know what to get!!
Being here on PS has exposed me to so much. I still love a large EC, but you can't match the performance you'd get in a RB.
Grrr!
I'm also trying to be practical. We bought 2 Vettes this year, so I say those are our anny gifts.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Ann, just go ahead and bite the bullet already on that monster.

You've been searching for 2 plus years now.

I think you were into Cushions for a while. I think a
huge Cushion would do you proud.

30 yrs- amazing- Congrats!

Love that pendant.
(please post more pics!)
how about something like this?

IMG_3627_ps.JPG

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s nice.
Yes, I was so into cushions for a while. If I found exactly what I wanted, well, then yeah I might bite the bullet.
Yeah and as long as I keep searching the prices keep going on too!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
How cute are you Ann!!???
30.gif
You are so lucky you get to visit WF in person!!! I too hope that you come to some decision soon re: your ring!!!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 7:39:21 PM
Author: Ann
ha ha !

thanks, but I won''t post the rest of the pics, I look awful! (and my age!)
Oh please.
2.gif

Sounds like a fun time, I envy you!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 7:44:02 PM
Mara, I know when I was there I was thinking about you guys having a blast there!
We really DID have a blast there....and now you know why for yourself! All the folks are VERY accommodating, engaging, and just really down-to-earth. And don''t forget THE DIAMONDS!

I''ve been waiting for this thread, so thanks for sharing. Nicely done on the pendant!

Isn''t that 7.5 swoonable?? When Mara and I saw it, it was LOOSE, and I was SO nervous when Brian put it on my hand....I kept thinking "ok, I''m a TOTAL klutz, and now isn''t the time to drop it and break the culet!"
23.gif
9.gif

The 5.12 I stone is set now too, you said.....we saw that loose on our last trip. GORGEOUS stone.

YAY for you! Congrats!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ann, glad you had time to check out WF--how fun! BTW, you are gorgeous!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fun visit, Ann! Thank you for sharing the pictures! You look beautiful, and I am sure it was quite an experience to try on all those diamonds around $100,000! I love your pendant..I think the size looks perfect on you!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for all the nice comments.

I had so much fun and Brian is just so easy to work with.

It really is neat to look into those gigantic stones and see all the colors
and fire.

But let me tell ya, the 3.61 was my hands down favorite. So white and firey, wow!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, a G VS1 is really fabulous in a large stone, I would think!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 10:33:37 PM
thanks for all the nice comments.

I had so much fun and Brian is just so easy to work with.

It really is neat to look into those gigantic stones and see all the colors
and fire.

But let me tell ya, the 3.61 was my hands down favorite. So white and firey, wow!
HI:

Ann, it has your name on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.gif
2.gif
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Somebody, please tell me what I want !

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think you already saw it today. Pick one!

They also have a nice 3.12 I VS1 ACA (or something like that)
Enie Menie Miney Mo .......
3.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if I''m a RB girl!
Now if you gave me Angie Harmon''s set, well, then we can talk!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 10:40:08 PM
Okay, I am confused. Are you not keeping the pendant stone? Or are you looking for another stone for a ring?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
you could have Angie''s set in a heartbeat woman!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 11:08:29 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Okay, I am confused. Are you not keeping the pendant stone? Or are you looking for another stone for a ring?
The pendant stays with me, it is going nowhere but my neck!

My DH told Brian I needed a stone, so Brian, bless his heart was doing his best!! I''m not actively looking, Brian was just
showing me his goods when I went to have him look at my new pendant.
I really thought I had come full circle in my ring quest, back to an EC, but now that I''ve seen WF''s
beautiful RB''s
2.gif
dunno!

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 7:59:56 PM
Author: sevens one

(please post more pics!)

how about something like this?

Not to hijack, but sevensone (or anyone else that knows), whose cushion is that?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann -- thanks for the report and HOW GORGEOUS ARE YOU?! Must be nice to be the woman with the best Christmas-decorated house on the block AND be totally beautiful!

Soooo.....why can''t you have an Angie Harmon set for yourself, hmmmm?
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, fine. You want a 5 ct. Asscher.
11.gif

Hey, if I can''t have it, someone should.
9.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann, how could you visit WF and not take home that 7.5 ct. G VVS1?

Was it that one tiny inclusion?
I guess it was too low in color for you, otherwise you'd have written a check .
Right?
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results