shape
carat
color
clarity

my wedding/wedding day accessories!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
This sub-forum has become so much more active since I first got engaged!! I was recently browsing, and saw that some girls were posting their looks (distracts, gorgeous!), and asking questions about dresses and shoes etc. My wedding is just around the corner (March 9th, in the Bahamas, with the ceremony being at the same church my parents were married in), and so I thought I would post some of my wedding looks too :).

The dress and veil (the veil I ordered is ivory, though, and that one was for some reason a pinkish color):
ps_wedding_dress_0.jpg

late-night/reception dress (i plan to wear it with a bedazzled belt):
ps_reception_dress.jpg

wedding and reception shoes:
ps_shoes_2.jpg
ps_shoes_1.jpg

wedding hair trial (excuse my face haha):
we got extensions for volume, and then put a very subtle semi-permanent dye in (my hair, not the extensions) to make everything exactly the same color.
we're using this clip over the part that is sort of pinned to the side: http://www.etsy.com/listing/116293645/art-deco-bridal-hair-comb-rhinestone
ps_hair_front.jpg
ps_hair_back.jpg

wedding ring (15 pointer u-prong eternity from IDJ - totally obsessed!!):
ps_wedding_ring.jpg

flowers I'm modeling mine after:
wedding_flowers.jpg

me in one of the bridesmaid dresses (I let them all pick their own style in this particular Lula Kate material and color, so they're different but cohesive):
ps_bridesmaid_dress_0.jpg

I'm so excited! Just wanted to share!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I've been wondering how you're plans were coming along! I'm so excited for you!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the compliment!

Okay first, I LOVE that you are getting married the same place your parents did! That's so cool.

Both of your dresses are beautiful - I love the detailing on the first and the clean simplicity of the second. The sweetheart necklines are nice and having both dresses with sweetheart necklines adds continuity to the outfits, I think.

Everything looks really amazing. Hair, shoes, bridesmaids dress! Looks like it's coming together pretty well!

And, well, your wedding ring is fabulous. But then you're a PSer so that's pretty much a given.

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! I love both dresses---especially the shoes! :love:

btw -- we are e-ring twins (close enough)! :)
Will you be wearing your wedding band on the right hand?

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I just love the reception dress! Where did you get it? It looks like you've chosen a great combo of looks for a Bahama's wedding! :appl:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Everything looks great, atp!! So exciting! :appl:

atp223

Shiny_Rock
thanks ladies!!! :D

malbec - yes, I'm planning to wear it on the right hand. I'm using the excuse that I'm greek orthodox, and that's the hand traditional greeks wear it on, but really I just don't want it to overwhelm my e-ring. I think I'm going to get a plain platinum band to wear on my left hand with my e-ring though (sometimes). Just so it looks like I'm married, to other americans :). And also so that I have a simple band I can wear for sports/exercising, etc. Now I have to go stalk your e-ring to see what it looks like :)!

stacy - randomly, I found it at cusp last spring. It's weird, because I don't know where else you would wear that dress except a wedding, as it has lots of tulle and embedded silver sparkles, but I was really excited to find it at a "regular" store. Even at cusp it was way cheaper than most "wedding" specific dresses. I feel like the second something becomes wedding-specific, the price doubles or triples.

as the wedding gets closer, I'm just sooo afraid I'm going to forget something huge. like wedding cake. or music. not those specifically, but along those lines...is that normal??

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
How exciting to have everything come together! LOVE :love: your Louboutins! And that dress is magical. Your 15 pointer eternity ain't bad either ;)) I especially love that you are getting married where your parents did, that is so, so sweet!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness, atp! Everything looks wonderful! I luuuuurve your Loubies! I can't believe your wedding is so soon! Seems like just yesterday we were having margs and guac at Chevy's! GAH! Time fliiieeees!

Good luck with all your final prep, dear! Can't wait to see the pictures of your big day!!!

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
atp223|1359246230|3364371 said:
thanks ladies!!! :D

malbec - yes, I'm planning to wear it on the right hand. I'm using the excuse that I'm greek orthodox, and that's the hand traditional greeks wear it on, but really I just don't want it to overwhelm my e-ring. I think I'm going to get a plain platinum band to wear on my left hand with my e-ring though (sometimes). Just so it looks like I'm married, to other americans :). And also so that I have a simple band I can wear for sports/exercising, etc. Now I have to go stalk your e-ring to see what it looks like :)!

I agree and think it's wonderful to stick with tradition, as much as possible.
I'm having a hard time choosing between the matching novela band or the double novela. I went to Tiffany's and tried on the novo band to get a feel for how it would look, but it's just not comparable...I also went to I Gorman (a local jewelry store in DC) and tried on a few Furrer Jacot bands and they completely over-powered the setting. ::sigh:: :nono:

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Oh, they are soooooooo gorgeous!! The dress, the shoes, the ring, the flowers etc.. are all perfect!! Congrats! :D

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

But the thing I'm most interested in is that rug from Anthro - what size is it? Do you like it? I've been obsessed with it for YEARS, haha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results