shape
carat
color
clarity

My wedding veil, complete with SPARKLIES!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve gone from not wanting a wedding veil at all, to wanting a very basic, single layer plain one with NO embellishments, to elbow length, to waist length... to double tier...
41.gif

And here''s what I ended up with! I bought this veil off Ebay (for all of 10 smackers
9.gif
) and just liked its simplicity, it''s two-tier ivory tulle with raw edges, just nice and plain. Then I thought about popping a single teardrop Swarovski crystal right in the middle along the bottom edge, just to add a bit of pizzazz. Well, 9 Swarovski crystals later, here''s what I''ve come up with!! Is it too much? I''m actually rather pleased with my handywork, a good healthy way to spend your sick leave!!

WeddVeilPic1.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bit closer

WeddVeilPic2.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A closeup of one of the Swarovski crystals... I loooove them, they are so mesmerising!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

WeddVeilPic3.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmm, bit blurry... sorry ''bout dat
41.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I like them, but take pictures with the veil and dress on....my photographer told me that veils with edging or crystals always look prominent in pics. i wanted the crystals...tried on the dress w/crystal veil and they stood out in pics. I opted for a plain veil and it made me draw my eyes to the dress instead of the veil in pics.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, the crystals add a nice touch.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the crystals, they are a beautiful touch!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a great find, love it!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you''re a gal after my own heart, Dandi! I love embellishments! Last year I encrusted my cellphone with Swarovski flatback crystals one-by-one, took me like 4 hours, lol! I think your veil looks fun and sparkly and elegant--I''d also love to see it with your dress!
36.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
very pretty!! I added crystals to my veil too...
9.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies!! I''ve been prancing around the house in my shiny vei, I loooove it!! I''d try it on with the dress but that this is SO freaking heavy. I''ll take pics of it with the dress in September when I have the dress altered. Promise!
41.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, what a great find! And love the sparklies!! I attended a good friend''s wedding, and she too had sparklies. I was just mesmorized by the subtle sparkle combined with the sparkle off her dress.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results