shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wedding is officially booked!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I just spent last week in California interviewing vendors and booking them for our October 10 & 11, 2010 wedding!! My venue messed up and booked too many weddings on our wedding date, despite me being the first to inquire about the date (due to staff replacements) so we will be having a private secret ceremony on 10/10/10 free of charge in the same chapel that I will have my wedding on the next day. It is working out perfectly and I couldn''t be happier. So far we have photographer, videographer, bakery, florist and DJ booked! I couldn''t be more excited!!
9.gif
Now to look for the dress!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! That''s awesome you have so much done already!!! You are sooo ahead of schedule!!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
it sucks that the venue overbooked the day, but it''s cool that you are having a free private ceremony. exactly what''s happening during your private ceremony... or is it a secret?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great, you are on a role!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 9:57:01 AM
Author: noelwr
it sucks that the venue overbooked the day, but it''s cool that you are having a free private ceremony. exactly what''s happening during your private ceremony... or is it a secret?

Ditto, I havn''t quite worked out what''s happening. Are you having another ''ceremony'' the next day, or are you just having the reception then?

Will your guests see you get married?

This may be a silly question, but can''t you have the ceremony and reception at the venue on another day?

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Luckyeshe Thanks! My Mom, myself and Aunt (Our wedding coordinator) set up meetings for all of last week because I am from Canada and the wedding is in California, where my aunt it from. We got all the meetings out of the way so now the big stuff is handled and my Aunt can manage the smaller things for us long distance thru email and phone. She is amazing and we are so lucky to have her!

noelwr Our private ceremony will be on 10/10/10 because that is the date we want to get married on and we still want for our anniversary date even though the venue messed up, so we will be having a private ceremony the day before and it will be legal and the paperwork will all be done and then the next day our minister will do our ceremony over with the dress and the attendants and the whole thing in front of our guests with the reception to follow. We are still not definite about the exact details of our private ceremony.

mayachel Thank you! It has been a great start!

honey22 We could have it at the venue another day but we really want to be married on that specific date and since the venue messed up and our guests already planned to travel for that weekend it is easier to have the wedding the following day and still have our marriage take place on our desired date. We have had our hearts set on this date for quite some time now so we were not ready to give it up at our dream venue just because they made an error. In the end we are happy and it will still be able to share it with our friends and family and that is all that matters to us.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
missjaxon - cool! I understand now, I wasn''t trying to be sarcastic, I just couldn''t understand the logistics!
9.gif

I totally understand you being set on that date, but I do think it''s a great idea that you are doing your ceremony again the next day. That way your guests can see the whole thing and don''t feel cheated.

And, with a fabulous date like that, your hubby will never forget your anni
2.gif

Have you got a linky to your venue?

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
honey22 No worries I didn''t think you were being sarcastic
9.gif
I just wanted to make sure I clarified the parts I left out! I was just so excited when I started the initial post, I didn''t even stop to think that some of the key parts were missing. lol
2.gif

Our venue is The Historic Mission Inn . There aren''t very many good photos of the venue on their site, but we are getting married in the St. Francis of Assisi Chapel and will be having our reception in the Santa Barbara Room which also includes the courtyard that is just outside of it. I will try and find the pictures I took when I was there last. It is just an amazing venue.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the clarification!

we also did our legal marriage on a different date than our wedding ceremony. ours wasn''t because we wanted a particular day, but our wedding ceremony was in South Africa and it would have been hell with all the paperwork. so we got married in Holland on the 1st of Sep, very small thing where we went to Town Hall and signed the papers. we did it on the 1st because in our town every Tuesday they have 2 free marriages, but it is really quick... come in with your witnesses and sign the papers, nothing else allowed. and then on the 12th we had our beautiful ceremony and it really helped with the nerves because we were actually already married!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results