shape
carat
color
clarity

My wedding guest dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I thought I''d share this dress in here since it''s technically a bridesmaid dress. I ordered it from Siri yesterday. I''m wearing this to my stepbrother''s wedding. My DH is having a tie made from the same fabric.

I''m going with a short version in ''Zinfandel''. The dress is called the Evita. Please disregard the baggy fit since I was trying on the sample sizes. When mine comes in I will have it altered to fit me better. One thing I love about ordering from a place like Siri!

Here''s the dress on the model:
http://www.siriinc.com/br-9446.html

Here''s me in the length I''m going to get it in... ie the tea length. Disregard the orange since I am not getting that color.

evita_short.JPG

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Here's the color I'm getting it in. What do you all think?

ETA: The color is actually more of a wine colored purple not this rich of a purple in the photo. Gorgeous color though!

evita_long.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool. I like what I''m imagining the color to be.
3.gif
I can''t wait to see it on you!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Love IT!!!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 7:29:32 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Very cool. I like what I''m imagining the color to be.
3.gif
I can''t wait to see it on you!!!
I need some awesome shoes to go with this now!
1.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Wow--how pretty! I think the color will be amazing.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I kind of wish I was getting the long version of this. It''s so cute. But the wedding is informal tea length wedding dress outdoor summer deal. Even though it does start at 6:30pm...

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Cute dress, Violet! I even like the "bagginess" of it; it makes it look very of-the-moment, even.

The inadvertent color comparison is intriguing, BTW; the purple dress definitely brings out the blue undertones in your tattoos.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful - the color sounds amazing
30.gif

I''d do metallic accessories - either silver or bronze, both of which would look lovely with your coloring
1.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I love Siri dresses and that one is so cute! Did you get it in one of the silk fabrics?

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I was actually thinking of doing black stone strand necklace kind of accesories if that makes sense. Like a chunky black stone look. Not sure yet though. I''m going to wait a couple of months before I start looking at shoes too. I have a super cute cardigan with chunky black stone buttons that I thought would work for night time.

The color is truly a ''wine'' color. It''s reddish purple hence the zinfandel name. It looks way to grape in that photo!

And yes I got it in Shantung Silk!
1.gif

Beverly Siri is so so nice. She''s waiving any alteration fees in exchange for me sending her my bridesmaid dress photos from my wedding.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Here's the swatch from the Siri Site. It's 'close' to what it really looks like. Although that makes it look reddish brownish, there's purple there though! There's an ametheyst-y tone to it.

zinfandel.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OOH - I think black accessories would be fun too, and definitely I can see you pulling them off. Maybe some cute black strappy heels or peep-toes, and a black cardigan or wrap, maybe with a fun texture or detail of some kind, like an antiquey broach.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
What a cute dress! I love it! I just went to try on Siri dresses this week, and the shop I went to to try on at didn''t have this style, unfortunately. It looks fab on you, though.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well let me know when you need shoes!!!!!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a really cute dress. I think it will look fabulous with black accessories too!

Can''t wait to see what shoes you come up with!
3.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! I love Siri styles, and can''t wait to see the finished dress on you!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
A friend actually suggested that I do light accessories. She was saying light pink shoes and a clutch might actually work. What do you guys think? Or some shade of pink... it''s not something I''d usually choose but she was saying black and that dark wine color would blend together too much and it''s a summer wedding.

Would that work?

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 2:34:20 PM
Author: katamari
What a cute dress! I love it! I just went to try on Siri dresses this week, and the shop I went to to try on at didn''t have this style, unfortunately. It looks fab on you, though.
That''s one of the bonuses of living in the bay area. You can go to the Siri warehouse.
1.gif
Although oddly, sometimes they don''t have exactly what you''d want to try on. For example they had the Natasha dress but in a weird crinkly fabric. Not in the shantung.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
And trying to come up with pink shoes is killing me i may go back to the black accessory idea heh.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 11:28:18 PM
Author: violet02
A friend actually suggested that I do light accessories. She was saying light pink shoes and a clutch might actually work. What do you guys think? Or some shade of pink... it''s not something I''d usually choose but she was saying black and that dark wine color would blend together too much and it''s a summer wedding.

Would that work?
I think pink would look gorgeous.. I''m really excited to see how the outfit comes together!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 11:33:47 PM
Author: violet02
Date: 3/14/2009 2:34:20 PM

Author: katamari

That''s one of the bonuses of living in the bay area. You can go to the Siri warehouse.
1.gif
Although oddly, sometimes they don''t have exactly what you''d want to try on. For example they had the Natasha dress but in a weird crinkly fabric. Not in the shantung.

Oooh! I will be there for a conference in August. I will have to check it out!

I think pink shoes could work, but I would probably wait for the dress to come in first so that I could find the right color of pink instead of trying to create the look from memory. But something between a light and a bold pink would be great!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Okay okay... I''m convinced! When the dress comes in I may try for pale pink then!

I love having reasons to shop for outfits, hehe!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results