shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wedding Dress! (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparklyGirl*

Shiny_Rock
So here are two pictures of my wedding dress!!! I wanted to post pics finally (i bought it at the beginning of August) because i recently was having regrets about it. It is beautiful, but it is princessy and i was feeling like it really wasnt "me". But i have recently made myself get over that fact. It is COVERED in Swarovski crystals which are beautiful! The whole back is covered in them and the bust is also. I will get detailed pics when it comes in! I spent a bit more than I really wanted to ($1400).
I am going to wait until it comes in (within 4 to 6 months) and see where it goes from there. It IS nice and I think that I am just having regrets so to say, because it needs altered and there are some small things about it that I really want to change about it and since i havent been in it for about 2 months...i fell ah about it. I did absolutely love it when i had it on the 2 or 3 times. I think that i am just so caught up in the alterations i want to have done to it that when i look at these..i hate certain things cuz the alterations are yet to be made. So I figured i would post them and when the dress comes in, if i still hate it after all the alterations...then i guess i will have to be a "2 Dress Bride".
I think that part of my concern is that the 2nd choice dress that i eliminated when i chose this one, had a very fitted bodice that i loved, so i think that once i change that part on this one i will love it completely.
I guess that it is normal to have the feelings of "is it the perfect dress for me" as a bride to be. I just want to look good and love the dress after its altered. Which i am sure it will, i am just super picky about it looking good and not gross.

-Alterations I am looking to make:
Some sort of straps on it.
Lace up back instead of buttons
sweetheart neckline
I also would like to elongate the bodice a bit more..preferrably down to about my hips. I dont like the way the crisscross stops so short. I want it fitted to elongate my torso. (thats my concern is that they wont be able to do this because it will make the apron part look wierd.) And i wonder if i even like the apron part..what else could they do though?
The bust is also looking too big so thats why it looks weird! And the taffeta in the back will connect..it is just a bit small! Yes i am wearing a white veil..it will be creme.

I think that I am just stuck on the alterations that I want to make that I cant look past them and see that it is a work in progress.

Here is the front: Sorry so blurry! cell phones..
20.gif

A dress front.jpg

SparklyGirl*

Shiny_Rock
the gorgeous back with all the glorious crystals!

A dress back.jpg

SparklyGirl*

Shiny_Rock
Please let me know if you ladies have any advice or thoughts....
1.gif

mrowmrowsmom

Rough_Rock
Oh, it''s lovely and I don''t think it looks too princessy at all. I was picturing a huge full skirt with tons of tulle and prom-dress beading. I think your dress is really sophisticated looking, and it suits your figure. Nice work!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2008 1:15:48 PM
Author: mrowmrowsmom
Oh, it''s lovely and I don''t think it looks too princessy at all. I was picturing a huge full skirt with tons of tulle and prom-dress beading. I think your dress is really sophisticated looking, and it suits your figure. Nice work!
Ha! me too :) This dress looks lovely on you - very pretty!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 4:11:16 PM
Author: violet3
Date: 9/17/2008 1:15:48 PM

Author: mrowmrowsmom

Ha! me too :) This dress looks lovely on you - very pretty!

me three! It looks great on you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results