shape
carat
color
clarity

My wedding dress is arriving today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Edit: MORE Pics below

Happy Valentine's to me!!! I'm so excited! I just checked fedex and it said it was out for delivery. My fi is out of town on business
8.gif
which stinks since its Valentine's but that is ok now, b/c I'm getting my dress!!!!! I'm soooooooo happy!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Yay that''s so exciting! I hope you do a little mini photo shoot and post some pics!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!

Now remember, no eating chocolate in the dress!!!
2.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Robbie - I''m going to try to take a photo or two but its a corset top so its a little hard to get on by myself

Sumbride - I promise not to. hehe. But since fi is out of town I could totally hang out in it all day. Remember that episode of Friends when they were all hanging out in wedding dresses? lol

I sure hope fedex comes early b/c I really do want to leave the house today. But at least I''m waiting for a good cause.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just so happy for you on this Valentines Day to get.....uh....THE most romantic gift ever........your wedding gown!!!!!

I hope you can call a friend to come over even for just an hour to help you get your laces laced.........I had one too and I never got it on by myself....and didn''t have anyone to help! Just a little heads up......but even if you can''t get anyone.....you can put it on and pinch the back closed and take LOTS O PICS for us anyway!!!!!

yippeeeee for you!!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks So Happy! I wish I had someone to help but my fi and I just moved to the west coast and don''t know anyone here yet. Luckily though my parents are coming to visit this weekend so my mom will be able to help me! I wish I could have fi help but I am not letting him see the dress. He''s seen it online on a model but not me.

Oh yeah... btw... its the Maggie Sottero "Ophelia" and I actually first ran across it here on Pricescope a while back and wasn''t even looking for dresses yet, but I fell in love with it

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It''s here!!!!!!!!!!! And it is beautiful! I would love to take pics of it but without lacing up the corset, it looks baggy. I will definitely take pics over the weekend.

One question though, for all the women who have bought wedding dresses... when it arrivied was there anything wrong with it? The reason I ask, is that there are like 5 or 7 little marks on the outside mesh (or whatever you call that fabric) layer. They are very light and I''m sure I can get it cleaned but it bummed me out to notice these. They are also really small. But, I am very big on detail and noticed it right away. I called the bridal salon to discuss it but the manager wasn''t there (hopefully she will call back soon). What is aggravating though, is that I now live 3,000 miles away from this bridal salon so i can''t bring it back for them to clean it.

So has this happend to anyone before? Any advice?

But I still do love it so much.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad it arrived and that you love it! I hope the marks get sorted out...where are they?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!! As for the marks, I have no clue... My dress was shipped directly to my bridal salon and I never noticed anything wrong with it, but that doesn''t mean that they didn''t fix any problems before I came in.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi FG - the marks are on the lower part on the front. I guess below my knee. I just tried the dress on again and I''m not too bummed anymore. I hope they come out but I bet no one would ever notice them. I took pics too so let me see how they came out and I''ll post them in a sec.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, yay...I can''t wait to see!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok here is the first pic. I am in love!!! Again!!!
1.gif
9.gif
1.gif

my wedding gown MS-ps1.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
2nd pic. This dress is soooo comfortable too!

my wedding gown MS-ps2.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful on you!!!! (then again, you''d look good in just about anything with your petite lil figure!) The detailing is lovely!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the last one. I just love it! I''ll take more this weekend when I can get help lacing it up.

my wedding gown MS-ps3.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww thanks Kristy! I love the details. I''m thinking of getting shoes in that nude/sand color. I''m hoping Manolo Blahnik or Jimmy Choo comes out with a cute strappy high heeled sandal in this color. I keep checking the stores and online but nothing yet. I really want something other than white because I would love to be able to wear them again and I don''t picture myself wearing white shoes. Oh and we are getting married on the beach in Maui! (well actually it will be grass)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you look amazing! I love that wedding dress! It''s beautiful.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!! It looks great on you as well and I bet it will look even nicer when it''s all zipped up. The lace accents are beautiful, love the vintage feel to them.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! It''s beautiful!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That dress is just beautiful and you look amazing in it!!! (I looked really hard for marks by your knee...can you see them when wearing it? Cuz I can''t.
2.gif
)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful dress. It looks perfect. If I were going to get married again I''d choose that! It is really so elegant! Will you wera a veil?

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That''s amazing. P.S. you have such good arms! (jealous)

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I am so excited still! I really do think it looks great on. And I love the side view, can''t wait till its actually pulled tight.

Firegoddess - you may be able to see the marks when I''m wearing it, but looking at it again the marks are farther down, one is kinda in the open area but the other real small ones are mixed into the bottom where the embroidery is. I did take a close up pic of the marks to send to the bridal salon, I''ll post that. They are very small and light, thank god. Please tell me if I''m over reacting though.

my wedding gown -marks 1.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fancy - you know, I was thinking "what is going on w/ my arms in these pics!" haha. I don''t think they look like that in person, but hey if they do in pics, great! hehe. Thank you though! I appreciate it!
9.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It looks stunning on you!
9.gif
36.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
congrats! I love the side view.
1.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress! Not that you need any but if you take it somewhere for alterations or pressing they can probably deal with the smudges. It isn''t noticeable unless its pointed out and you look really close.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
For accessories I was thinking some nice drop earrings, maybe sort of antique looking. But that will be all and I''m not wearing a veil. One other option would be to wear some simple diamond stud earrings and a cool looking cuff bracelet.

What do you think?

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I just found some really cool accessories on Nordstroms website. Let me know what you think! Thanks

Nordstrom cuff.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I also found 3 different pairs of earrings. Which do you like better?

Nordstrom earrings 1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results