shape
carat
color
clarity

My visit to Tiffany''s, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to Tiffany''s on Friday just because I had never been there! There was a little pendant that I liked in platinum with only .13 cts. in tiny diamonds and it was over $1200! Yikes, I bet WF could make me one for a lot less than that! I looked at the gorgeous rings! Saw one just like Kaleigh''s beautiful RB with pear sides. That is one store I could send my husband in and me not have to pre-choose what I want him to buy! But of course, I know I can get more by buying at one of the online jewelers! (And no, I did not dare price the rings!)

I also went to another jeweler with a huge selection of diamonds and settings, and I unfortunately compared a G to an H and liked the G better. I wish I hadn''t done that because it is going to increase the price of my diamond. They had beautiful things there. (Kath or Tacori, if you happen to read this, it was Diamonds Direct)

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
tiffany''s lighting makes me dizzy... bling overwhelm

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe I''m guessing you went to Tiffany''s at Southpark. I went there to try on the Legacy setting *drool* and saw a beautiful 3 stone EC *drool drool* even more.

What did you think about DiamondsDirect? I felt as if they were rather pushy IMHO and wasn''t able to answer alot of my questions. On the other hand one of my family friends has a gorgeous ring from them. I liked Perry''s but more for their lovely antique rings (of course this was a couple of years back).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Princess, I didn''t know you were also near Charlotte! I felt a little like how it feels at a car dealership when I walked into DD. It was very nice, but you knew the people were sales people and not gemologists. My local fine jeweler is a gemologist and not nearly as "sale oriented". They had me fill out a card with my name and contact ifo, and I hope that is just so that sales person would get the commission if I came back in...they''d better not be calling me! The only advantage was that they had a LOT of diamonds and a LOT of settings, so it is a good place to see a wide variety. However, they had few RB''s in my size range and only one ideal cut and it was not mounted, so I didn''t get a great idea how it compared to the others.

I didn''t know about Perry''s. I do probably want an antique style setting. But I have been to Karat Patch and they do some nice custom work with engraving, milgrain, bead-set diamonds, etc., so I may have them do my setting (except they won''t be happy if I buy my diamond elsewhere, which may cause me to have the diamond seller to make the ring, too).

I''ll have to do a search for your ring. Where did you end up getting it. Mine is for an anniversary, though, not the first set!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Well yes and no. My family is from Charlotte, NC and so I come back to visit and this Monday I have a job interview! (hope I don''t jinx myself
14.gif
)

Some advice about getting them to set a diamond...just tell them it was your grandmother''s or something and they will do it. I know since Karat Patch was supposed to reset my grandmother''s diamond into a three stone ring but it didn''t end up working out.

Oh here''s my thread hehe https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-jubilee-engagement-ring.36506/=
35.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck on your interview! I love your Jubilee! Great choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results