shape
carat
color
clarity

My Valentine''s Day Engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At widget''s suggestion, I posted my (nearly 1 year old!) proposal story
1.gif
The picture is a scanned copy of the front of the paper.

February 14th, 2005:

Well I got out of bed like any other day, on St Valentine''s Day. Sat down to have my breaky and read the newspaper (at my parents'' house) and nearly fell off my chair when I saw what was on the front page!! Yes, Matt proposed to me on the front page of the newspaper!!!!!!! I squealed and started bawling my eyes out (mum and dad were bouncing off the walls by this stage), and it really took ages for it to sink in!! After ringing Matt (he was asleep at his place after nightshift and squealing a million ''YESes'' in his ear I drove to work and all the girls had seen the paper and my manager was crying... it was nuts!! I was working at the jewellers I work at one day a week (it mentioned in the paper that''s where I''d be when that morning''s paper came out), and my boss had cut the article out and stuck it on the front window! Customers were coming into the shop just to ask if I said yes, and to see the ring!! I''m still pinching myself, it was the most unbelievable thing!! The whole city knows!!!!! Matt came into work at about 9:30am with the ring (I hadn''t seen it yet, he held it up in the photo) and the photographer and journalist came in not long after to take photos and interview us for tomorrow''s paper as a follow up. I feel like a freakin'' celebrity!! ARRRGHHHH!!!! I''m soooooooooooooooooo excited. Can you tell?!?!?!? And to top it off he had a huge white vase filled with long-stemmed red roses delivered to work! He is just the sweetest, kindest, funniest, most thoughtful boy on the face of the earth, and I cannot WAIT to be lucky enough to call myself his wife! I love him to death! And I ADORE the ring (my all-time, favourite setting, DREAM ring, which he organised himself!), but he''s really is the ultimate gem. I''m so happy!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MattPropose.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the picture of us that was in the paper the next day that was taken in the shop (we only made it to page 2 this time, as Charles and Camilla were on page 1 with their engagement banter! I mean REALLY, how rude
41.gif
). Matt came from home covered in oil having had worked on his car part of the morning of the engagement, he''s such a grot. Boys
20.gif

UsAfterPropose.jpg

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
That''s the sweetest thing ever! What a great, creative way to propose and such a wonderful story to tell the grandkids!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, what an amazing proposal. What a wild day you must have had. Incredible.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
That is awesome!! What a cool story you have. You''re a celebrity!!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results