shape
carat
color
clarity

My Uternity Band 2ct (10pt) 5.5 finger but....

susiecee

Rough_Rock
My uternity band came in after going through some CADs and finalizing and approving it.

I love it, BUT now I want to make it bigger so it actually fits my RH middle finger. :(

In order to do this I was quoted $1200 to remake a completely new setting and adding in an extra diamond to make the ring bigger from a local jeweler. Is it worth it? :( I feel a bit bad because I JUST got this like a week ago and after wearing it I realize I personally would like it on the middle finger more.

Thoughts? Is it worth it to just have it redone even though I just got this or just suck it up and keep it as it is. The cost seems a bit hefty just to remake.

img_12031.jpg

img_12032.jpg

img_12033.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think $1200 is reasonable to remake the setting and reset the diamonds. However, I wouldn't do it because I prefer eternities on the ring finger, personally. It looks really pretty!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty...I know people like eternity bands but I sure wish they would put in spacers for 1 or 2 stones so that the
size could be slightly modified later...sure would save some people a lot of headache.

Personally I couldnt justify resetting it. It would be too bad for me and I would have to wear it on the finger that it fit, OR,
I could lose 10 lbs and have my finger shrink so it fit the ring :shock: :???: :lol: .

I would talk to IDJewelry and see how much they would charge to reset. It's worth getting a second quote. I (along with
lots of other PSers) have a 7 stone uprong from them that is lovely. Actually, now that I think about IDJ may not even do
this kind of work but I guess you can always ask. The other person you can ask is David Klass. $1200 does sound pretty
reasonable though.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
susiecee -

I might be missing something, but isn't it *on* your middle finger in the first photo? It doesn't seem to look tight, either.

Either way, it's a lovely ring. And, like most others, I wouldn't pay out the extra money so quickly for a re-set. Have a year or two enjoying it on your ring finger, then maybe re-set if you still wish to.

Great ring!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this ring! Very pretty and looks great on your hand. I agree with others that I'd personally wait and see if it grows on you wearing it on your ring finger before paying another 1200 to re-set it. Either way, it's wonderful!

susiecee

Rough_Rock
LOL good call! That's on my middle finger on my left hand.. I was testing out the look and I LOVED it more compared to seeing it on the ring finger. haha

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really have any advice... Just wanted to say it's a beautiful ring!!! [emoji7][emoji7]

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
Nice ! Bling bling ! I love these types of bands .. Congrats !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results