shape
carat
color
clarity

My Upsetting Brilliantly Engaged Experience

Mailin

Rough_Rock
Due to this negative review being very in depth and with many attachments of my email conversations. I have uploaded a word document to google drive. This should allow all members to view with very little effort.

**edited by moderator, per our policies we require all reviews to be on the forum directly, including all photos. Please upload directly**

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience. I hope you come back and share what happened. :(

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's always awful when things go wrong with a vendor. Please let us know what happened and if there was resolution.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, so I read through the entire thing yesterday (before it was taken off by the mods)...

Dang, I just don't know... the OP seemed in the right to me. He thoroughly explained everything and had it in writing. To me, it seemed like BE was skating all around the actual issues? Hmmmm... very strange.

OP, I'm very sorry you had such trouble. I know that if I were in your shoes, it would have made me crazy mad too. I hope you find another vendor to execute your vision.

Have you considered Caysie of CVB/LAD? Although she typically does vintage-y type styles, I feel like she can do pretty much anything. She is working on a sleek solitaire for me right now, and it looks amazing from the CADs...

tracylt

Shiny_Rock
OP can you post everything in here instead?

pr0pel

Rough_Rock
I read it before it was taken down too.. I agree with the OP as well. BE didn't even bother to read the emails being sent .. seemed like they just read what was convenient to them and ignored the rest. This is not a vendor I would want to work with.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1466088871|4044759 said:
Okay, so I read through the entire thing yesterday (before it was taken off by the mods)...

Dang, I just don't know... the OP seemed in the right to me. He thoroughly explained everything and had it in writing. To me, it seemed like BE was skating all around the actual issues? Hmmmm... very strange.

OP, I'm very sorry you had such trouble. I know that if I were in your shoes, it would have made me crazy mad too. I hope you find another vendor to execute your vision.

Have you considered Caysie of CVB/LAD? Although she typically does vintage-y type styles, I feel like she can do pretty much anything. She is working on a sleek solitaire for me right now, and it looks amazing from the CADs...

I hesitated to post yesterday since I read it before it was taken down but felt like I needed time to "think" (and was honestly nervous about being the first to post, haha), But I have to agree with MSOP. I honestly feel like the OP is in the right here---he made himself very clear and BE seemed to selectively pick and choose what they were reading in the emails--or just not read them at all. I am confused by this, and very sorry for the OP. I'd be FURIOUS if I were you :(

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I didn't get a chance to read it before it was taken down (the google doc) can you cut and paste the info here so we can read? Thanks! I'm sorry your ring didn't turn out the way you wanted:(

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read the entire thing as well.

To me, Chris handled the project very unprofessionally without providing the OP detailed updates and proceeded things without OP's approval. He was much like "everything will be fine/beautiful", when the OP asked very specific questions.

I hope you find another vendor who's more professional.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without the content of OP's linked info referred to in OP's opening post, I cannot give any credence to anything in OP's opening post nor to the opinions stated in this thread by other PS members.

I do consider it very bad form for OP to post and run.

All I know for sure so far is OP is someone is unfamiliar with and/or chooses not to follow PS's posting rules.

pr0pel

Rough_Rock
marymm|1466107568|4044846 said:
Without the content of OP's linked info referred to in OP's opening post, I cannot give any credence to anything in OP's opening post nor to the opinions stated in this thread by other PS members.

All I know for sure so far is OP is someone is unfamiliar with and/or chooses not to follow PS's posting rules.

I wouldn't say he's posting and running as he posted last night and then a mod took it down. He is probably unable to check PS or surf the internet at work unlike many others so I'm sure he will be back tonight or soon to paste the entire doc.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1466107568|4044846 said:

The OP may just have a job where he can't post to the forum... God knows I'm not *supposed* to be playing on the internet, :: ahem :: , I mean LOOKING UP CLINICAL DATA! YES! That's what I'm doing... ya know... for patients' drugs and such... ;)) :halo: :lol: :lol: :bigsmile:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1466101631|4044811 said:
msop04|1466088871|4044759 said:

I hesitated to post yesterday since I read it before it was taken down but felt like I needed time to "think" (and was honestly nervous about being the first to post, haha), But I have to agree with MSOP. I honestly feel like the OP is in the right here---he made himself very clear and BE seemed to selectively pick and choose what they were reading in the emails--or just not read them at all. I am confused by this, and very sorry for the OP. I'd be FURIOUS if I were you :(

OMG, lovedogs! I could've written the EXACT SAME POST! I was nervous to be the first one too... I kept thinking, "...am I missing something here??" and "why isn't anyone from BE addressing the OP's very specific questions??" :???:

The whole thing was just so bizarre... :confused: :confused:

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
i didn't get to read the post either.... but I had such an abysmal experience with them myself I have a pretty good idea of what happened. I hope the OP comes back and shares.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP
Please post your problem, we cannot weigh in without it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't weigh in as I didn't catch the post.

The moderators are not censoring you. They are just being even handed in the application of the rules. They cannot make exceptions for people, else it wouldn't be fair.

If you post your story (we'll trust you on the proof, or you can post it separately) we really would appreciate it.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It has been 3 days now, and the OP has not posted......I call troll or BS, its a good thing mod deleted info.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WillyDiamond|1466302755|4045545 said:
It has been 3 days now, and the OP has not posted......I call troll or BS, its a good thing mod deleted info.

No, he's posted a few threads. I think it's on the up and up. Just... sensitive.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You can see in his previous posts he didn't just blow in to troll I specifically remember discussing BE with this poster in one of his threads.

I don't think he's a troll but I think you're a fanboy

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel said:

You can see in his previous posts he didn't just blow in to troll I specifically remember discussing BE with this poster in one of his threads.

I don't think he's a troll but I think you're a fanboy

7bda9b73350a9dbe4a08e10522f9ff45.jpg

[emoji15][emoji16][emoji848][emoji23][emoji23]

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium

These comments are unnecessarily discouraging and aggressive, and may be the reason why he has chosen not to re-post the review.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
flyingpig said:

These comments are very discouraging and aggressive, and may be the reason why he has chosen not to re-post the review.

I agree... I really wish he'd come back and post the experience so everyone could read it. IMO, there's no doubt the OP was in the right, judging from the email dialogue.

Regardless, I do hope the OP is settling this with the vendor and is happy in the end.

...and will come back and show us the final product! [emoji7]

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently none of us know why OP abandoned this thread, but personally I highly doubt 2 critical/negative posts in a sea of positive/encouraging posts would have been enough to dissuade him from updating here if he had been inclined to do so. Like others, I am just speculating however.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1466305621|4045563 said:
flyingpig said:

These comments are very discouraging and aggressive, and may be the reason why he has chosen not to re-post the review.

I agree... I really wish he'd come back and post the experience so everyone could read it. IMO, there's no doubt the OP was in the right, judging from the email dialogue.

Regardless, I do hope the OP is settling this with the vendor and is happy in the end.

...and will come back and show us the final product! [emoji7]

Exactly. The OP was certainly in the right (IMHO), but is likely afraid to post his negative experience with a well-known and recommended vendor. I know I would be nervous in his shoes! And the negative comments accusing him of trolling aren't helping.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we have to remember - the OP thinks he HAS posted everything. He doesn't realize we can't see his (very long and detailed, I gather) coverage of the situation. He probably feels as though he's 'spilled his guts' on the issue and now just wants to walk away from it all. Not everyone comes back to re-visit the drama and, if he's not highly involved or connected to this group, probably feels he said his peace and left.

There have been suggestions he's a troll due to his criticism of a vendor who is well regarded here. But every vendor has times when their service is below par; the fact that there are only a few recorded incidents of poor service/ communication with a vendor doesn't mean they're above screwing up. I, for one, have had a horrible experience with a vendor much lauded on these boards, and this vendor's very popularity has made me unwilling to share my experience. If I did, and if I wasn't looking to be involved with this group any longer, I could imagine posting my experience, then walking away, which is what I think the OP did in this instance. He was also being pressured on another thread to share who the vendor was, so now that he has I see no reason not to take him at face value.

I doubt he's coming back. I think the story might die with him and the few people here who were able to see his original link. He mentioned more than once getting stressed and discouraged; at some point one has to walk away, and I suspect that's what he's done.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have had good experience with BE, but as one poster said, even the best can screw up. I am sure that a PS vendor would want to make it right, they live and die by the feedback on the forum. I don't think it is fair to bash a vendor and walk away, at least re-post the problem. A few people saw it, I am one who did not. I guess we will never know, but I don't think BE should take lumps over it, if we cannot all read it. Oh well.
Happy Fathers Day to all the father on the forum.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WillyDiamond said:
I have had good experience with BE, but as one poster said, even the best can screw up. I am sure that a PS vendor would want to make it right, they live and die by the feedback on the forum. I don't think it is fair to bash a vendor and walk away, at least re-post the problem. A few people saw it, I am one who did not. I guess we will never know, but I don't think BE should take lumps over it, if we cannot all read it. Oh well.
Happy Fathers Day to all the father on the forum.

Since you weren't able to actually read the OP's post, I think is unfair to say anyone was being "bashed" -- FYI... He was in no way bashing BE, and was being more gracious than most regarding them after such an experience...

As I said before, I'm hoping the OP isn't on here bc he's working it out with the vendor.

Mailin

Rough_Rock
Hello all! Thanks for all the replies! I have been busy getting this gem to Boston (I am in VT) and general setting everything up to hopefully have this completed in a timely fashion. Quite annoying I can not link a google doc since it is the email account I have registered to this website. Due to the absolute lengthiness of the review (14-15 pages), it is quite hard to get formatted properly on a website. I will do my best, bear with me in the meantime.

Mailin

Rough_Rock
Just attempted to repost my review but there is a 4 attachment limit. I do not see a way to contact an admin directly, nor is there a PM system implemented on this site. So... Not too sure what else I can do, in order to get my review out there for everyone to see.

Admins please contact me @ the email used for this account.

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Can you just cut and paste the text into the box, and not worry too much about formatting? I think the community would benefit from being able to hear about your experience.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results