shape
carat
color
clarity

My Unromantic-Romantic Event by an ex-LIW!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
sunday.

i was in the kitchen browsing through old magazines, looking for recipes/articles that could be saved before i throw them all out. he was playing tag with my siblings when i asked him if he wants to catch angels & demons. he said yes so i went to my room, sat on my bed and went to fandango. 8:45pm movie it is. it was past 8 already so we have enough time.

around 8:15pm i yelled from my room asking for bf''s credit card. my bro went up, gave me his card and left. bf then went up to my room and i told him we don''t have any printer. i ended up writing the confirmation number in a purple post-it note and handed it to him. i was still browsing fandango when he came to my side (i was sitting in my bed wearing my comfy pink plush robe with little heart patterns, he was standing to my left wearing his gray suit) when this happened:

(bf standing by my side opened a small gray box)
bf: here. you can finally wear this ring now.
me: ARE YOU SERIOUS?! ARE YOU SURE???
(i thought he was joking.)
bf: well if you don’t want it…
me: *speechless*
(it was slowly kicking in that he was actually proposing)
bf: i''m only gonna say it once...
me: YES!YES!YES!YES!YES! (followed by a lot of jumping and ''OMG'' screaming inside my room)

i opened my room to tell my mom but as soon as i opened the door, my siblings fell to the floor! they were actually listening behind the door! and my mom was there standing behind them smiling and congratulating me! (i was still jumping and screaming) li''l bro was sulking in the couch crying (he doesnt want me to get married bec he doesn''t want me to leave him behind... aww) li''l sis was smiling even though she doesn’t have any idea of what is happening around her except for her big sis acting wildly.

8:30pm. in the car bec we still have a movie to catch. i called my dad who expressed his happiness. he called his parents and made me talk to them. they both asked what our plans are to which i only responded we don''t really have any because at the moment, i''m just shocked and nothing else is registering. i spent the next few minutes talking to my dad again and my brother.

after all the necessary phone calls were made... we were still in the car in front of my house and it was already 8:45pm - who cares about angels & demons, anyway? i told bf, i meant FIANCE (!), that i wanted to pray. so we prayed and i started crying! (it started to kick-in that i truly am ENGAGED... to be MARRIED in the future!!) after we ended the prayer, thats when he whispered "will you marry me?" and again, i said yes, and then crieeedddd. i never knew that being happy so much can really make you cry! (take note, i REALLY CRIED-as-in-with-the-matching-runny-nose-cry and not just the few trickle-of-tears-of-joy cry)

we missed the first part of angels & demons but it was ok. (it was a good movie, btw)

today.

i''m still in cloud nine. i''m wearing the ring. i haven''t told anyone except for family members and really close friends but sharing it to my fellow PS-ers is a start, right? ;-) i couldn''t keep my thoughts together this past few days so i decided to wait until i can finally put the whole event to words.

reflecting back to what has happened... there were so many signs that i didn''t notice. wow. i''m amazed how things went. i''m specially reflecting on my reaction ... i was screaming YES and jumping with my arms waving madly in the air. it''s not exactly the reaction one should expect for a proposal. it was as if my reaction was for winning the lotto and not for getting engaged... boy, i AM SOOOO THANKFUL he proposed in my room. imagine if i did that in a fancy restaurant or some other place where there are people?!?

one minute i was bursting with happiness, the next minute i was crying with happiness.

it''s not exactly the most romantic and ladylike thing for me to do. but...

for me...

it was the most unromantic-romantic event that would forever be etched in my mind... and in my heart.

guys & gals - I''M ENGAGED!!!

p.s. photos coming up!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Awww so sweet, I love how he caught you so off guard! Congratulations
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
aw, congrats!!!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you both! It was a unromantic-romantic proposal. Very sweet.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
awwwww, thats still sweet. I love how your family was outside iof the door. Congrats on the ring and your future with your FDH

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Aw how sweet, I''m glad he did it the way you wanted! Can''t wait to see pics!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
You sound so happy! Hooray for a sweet proposal!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Hurrah! Your story is so cute and you sound very happy. Congratulations.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Cute story!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Aww! Yay! I love your unromantic-romantic proposal story!

Come back with pics!!!! Have you started thinking about a date yet or are you still too giddy to make plans?!?

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!!
i love how both of you were so giddy that he didn''t actually ask you until you were praying
5.gif
and your title definitely lies, it is too a romantic story!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Let''s get more pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, yay! That''s super cute! Congrats
1.gif

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
What a precious story!!! Congrats!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That is sooo precious and sweet!! I''m so happy for you!

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful/adorable proposal! Congratulations on your sweet FI and your new ring, I can''t wait to see pics!

FroggyMont

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! I love how surprised you were! Where are the ring pics??

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Awww, congratulations!!!

I''m so happy for you!!

now, show us some pics!!!
1.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Such a sweet story! But where are those pictures already?!
25.gif

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry! This is kind of a delayed post... but I have posted pictures of my ER! :)

Check it out here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results