shape
carat
color
clarity

My two options

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PeteyPauls

Rough_Rock
Well, I ave 2 ideas. Looking for some recommendations. She know we are going to be married (we actually booked a place already for next year), but I am still looking to surprise her. So here are what I think my options should be.

1) Sentimental - I used to live in San Francisco and when she came to visit me we would go to Napa. There is one beautiful champagne winery with a chateau that she loves. I would like to do it on the veranda overseeing all of Napa valley. I am going to be out there for work, and I was going to fly her out a couple of days early. Issue with this, I think she would expect it. She would love the location though.

2) Surprise - MY birthday is coming up and I think if I did it then, it would be a huge surprise. She would not expect it. We are going to one of the top restaurants in our area. Now the issue with this is my parents and sister will be there, but her parents can''t make it. Issue, with this, it may not be personal enough and it is only my family. If here parents would be there, it may be different.

Thoughts?

Shay

Shiny_Rock
I''m not convinced it''s a good idea to ask her with just your family there and not hers. She might not be upset about it but her family just might... you don''t want to alienate the in-laws so early now.
5.gif

I do like the idea of doing it on your birthday though, you can tell her that the only present you could ever want is to spend the rest of your life with her, as part of your proposal. Could you not do a private proposal on your birthday?

The winery sounds stunning, and is definatley a romantic setting she will always remember, especially if she already loves the place. I say so what if she expects it! It will just add to her anticipation and excitement.

Good luck with your proposal and best wishes for the future!
36.gif

JC

Shiny_Rock
I proposed to my wife on my birthday. She thought that it was the most amazing thing. It definitely was the least expected time to pop the question. So without question it was a surprise. I waited for her to bring me my birthday cake to do it. When she brought the cake in to me she turned off the lights with the candles blazing. I then sat her down while she was holding the cake and then I myself bent down on one knee and pulled out the ring (without her seeing what I was doing). I then blowed out the candles and said my birthday wish outloud which was my proposal to her. She couldn''t believe that I turned my special day around and focused it totally on her. To this day many of my friends and family members attribute the "birthday proposal" as one of the most original and coolest ideas. So I say go for #2...... Good luck.

35.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
How about proposing AFTER dinner on your birthday? You could say something like this has been the best birthday ever and the only thing that would make it better is if you would be my wife or something like that.

You say her parents cant make it to dinner. Are they out of the area or out of town or have other plans? Is there a way you could talk them into coming to dinner surprising her with them too? If you can get them to come, you could propose right before dinner.

I also agree with Shay that Napa sounds fabulous too and who cares if she knows! She will remember just as well as a surprise because its her proposal.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results