shape
carat
color
clarity

My story.. from a graduate Lady in Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Okay. As I mentioned in another thread.. I already typed this once this morning... but PS hates me.

I think the idea of us all putting our stories in separate bios is good. We can put pics and ring pics in there too.

sooooo.. here goes..

I''m Melissa. I''m 23, a masters student in psychology. Just doing my thesis now. I also am a server and I work at Victoria''s Secret.
My fiance is Jeff. He''s 22 and is finishing his bachelors in liberal arts.

We met in the summer of 1999 when we worked together for our local recreation department. We grew up in the same town, but went to different hight schools. It was the summer after I graduated from high school, so i was about 18 and he was 16. We hated each other the first year we worked together. The next summer though, things were different.. i had a giant crush on him.. but never said anything.. we lost touch for about a year and a half. We were both away at college. Finally we got back in touch over the internet and saw each other again the day after thanksgiving in 2001. Our first official date was December 30th 2001.

I always knew he was THE ONE.. even that first summer when I had the crush on him. The way I thought of him wasn''t the way I thought of other guys I liked. It wasn''t like "he''s sooooo cute" or anything like that.. It was like "he and I would be really good together.. and he''d make a good husband for me.." Its funny.. but thats really what i thought! I loved the way he could make me laugh like no one else could.

We started talking about getting married less than a year after we were dating.. and were actually talking about getting engaged very soon after that... and a summer 04 wedding. I got scared though and put the brakes on that. we were too young (he was not even 20 yet, I think) and we just weren''t ready. After that.. we waited awhile.. and things just sort of naturally progressed.. We started thinking wedding again.... i don'' t know.. last spring.. or late winter.. And were planning for a summer 04 engagement, summer 05 wedding.

Sooo.. thats when pricescope comes in! I came across pricescope in my search for information/pictures on the e-ring setting I picked out. I fell in love with it in a picture in the knot magazine. We looked at rings everywhere, but no one had the exact setting that I wanted. Finally we found a jeweler that we felt comfortable with and they were a dealer for A Jaffe, so they were able to order it.... we found this out.. in.. probably MAY. So my waiting began.

My fiance promised me that we''d be engaged before the end of the summer. He had told me several times he wanted to do it for my birthday which was July 30th. He didn''t even have my DIAMOND, which i inherited from my great grandma, until about a week before my birthday. I THOUGHT that he had ordered the setting a couple days before my birthday too.. Right around this time was when the Anxious to Get the E-ring thread appeared on pricescope. It was my saving grace! I swear.

SOOO.. i was really expecting my ring somewhere in mid-late August. He was still promising by the end of August.. That came and went..

Then the end of september.. nothing... AND I WAS GOING A LITTLE CRAZY around this time. I''m pretty sure the end of september was when he told me there were some "delays" with my ring.. but he wouldn''t tell me what.. and that we would deftintely be engaged by halloween

Finally by the third week in october.. i just didn''t know what to think anymore. I was asking him about it one night and getting very impatient.. and he told me that.. the jeweler had called and told him that the setting was being shipped there soon, and the ring might take a week or two to set once they get it.. so that he might not be able to make the halloween deadline. Turns out he had NOT ordered the ring when I thought he did.. but never told me that because he thought I''d be mad, and he didn''t think it would take as long as it did. He ordered it more like the end of AUGUST. Then it took extra long for it to come in, (they had told us 2-3 weeks), because i wear a size 3 ring and it had to be custom made. So.. while i was sad that he didn''t make his deadline.. I was happy that I finally knew what was going on.

Soo.. about.. 4 days after this whole conversation happened.. We were sitting at my house, and watching the ALCS game 7 where the red sox beat the yankees.. and I was looking at pricescope on my laptop. I showed him Tulipcloud''s ring that she had recently gotten, because i thought it was soo pretty. He said.. "that looks a lot like your ring.." and I was just like.."yeah sort of.." and he asked if I''d show him a pic of my ring again.. so he could remember what it looked like.. So i did.. And he said.. "It looks so much prettier in person!" and I just replied "How do you know? you''ve never even seen it.." but just as I finished saying that.. I look over and he had been on one knee with the ring in his hand while he was saying that!!!! I couldn''t even BREATHE.. cute proposal things followed.. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are currently planning a May 27th 2006 wedding! YAY YAY YAY!!!

Thats my LOOOONG story.. but I was a lady in waiting for a LOOONG time! :)

Pics to follow

Melissa

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Here are some of my favorite Ring pics!

Profile view
profile1.JPG

Hand shot.. sort of

sideviewangle3454.JPG

Close up hand shot

ringsuperupclose1232.JPG

Another hand shot
newhandshotresize.JPG

Cool side view!! LOVE this picture.
goodsideview1.JPG

For those that don''t know.

My ring is A Jaffe ME1279.
Its 18k White Gold.
Center stone. European Cut. .955 Ct, I-J, SI1.
The sides are .30 ct each RB. Don''t know anything else about them because I am a bad girl and haven''t gotten an appraisal yet. THIS WEEK I PROMISE!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Here is some pics of us!

Our first pic after we started dating. How young my baby looks!

mel_jeff_2.jpg

Last Valentines Day

IM000726small.JPG

Our Third Anniversary a few weeks ago.

47b4cc10b3127cce9d8a1a13f86f00000016108Aat2Tlq0bN6

yay!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it seems like so much more of an ordeal when you put it all in one post!
2.gif

Yeah, I remember the good ol'' days when MS was still a LIW... *sigh*... and I was soooooo excited when you got your ring, I actually think it was the first time I really got pulled into the LIW community, because it was SO real, SO exciting for me that you had gotten your ring!!

...congrats again!!
36.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely couple you both make... your ring is gorgeous on your pretty hand (it looks huge on your teeny finger)
1.gif

love the link you added... you look fabulous in your wedding dress... Congratulations to you and your fiance! Big hugs!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
What a cute-but-harrowing story. I probably would have lost my patience, but that was a nice proposal. Your ring is gorgeous, and I''m sure you were sooooooooo relieved to get it. BTW - I looked at your wedding site, your dress looks GREAT on you!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I love happy endings!!!

btw my b-day is July 29th
35.gif
fellow Leo!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Aaaah, I love that ring
3.gif
Just had to come and stare at it again. So beautiful and looks amazing and big on your hand!!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I must admit MelissaSue,
Your story was what got me hooked on PS too! I don''t think I actually posted until you got your ring...I could be wrong, but I think that was right!
Your story is great!
Tybee

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
SO cute!! I love that proposal and your ring is absolutely lovely. I totally adore surprises.
emlove.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Okay. Here is my HOPEFUL reception location. The pics didn''t come out that great because for some reason our digital camera hated the lighting in there.

Its Sheas Performing Arts Center in Buffalo NY
Keep your fingers crossed that I get it!

sheas collage.JPG

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Your reception place is stunning!!! OMG, I can imagine what a gorgeous wedding you could have there! Oh and I love the pics of you and you hunnie....you guys always of this glow of two ppl happy in love!!!! Seriously, your kids have guranteed rosy, irresistably pinchable cheeks!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
ginger - lol - yes.. my fiance has PERMA-rosy cheeks. And its genetic too.. I think he says his grandfather had the same thing.. Its very cute! Mine. I think it has a little bit more to do with blush. :)

I''m really excited about my reception venue toooo.. I''m so glad we got to go there the other night and take pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results