shape
carat
color
clarity

My STDs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Whaddya think? With vistaprint.com you get 100 free cards plus $4.99 to upload your own pic plus shipping. Major improvements needed?

stdsunnyd.jpg

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
So cute... you have awesome hair!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooh I like! You and FI are SO cute!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 12:49:45 PM
Author: cbs102
39.gif
Thanks, I wish I hadn''t chopped it all off!

Thanks Hudson!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 12:52:45 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 2/5/2009 12:49:45 PM
Author: cbs102
39.gif
Thanks, I wish I hadn''t chopped it all off!

Thanks Hudson!
haha STOP! i am sure its just as adorable!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
You missed my hangout thread after "the incident". LOL, it really was bad. I had it fixed this weekend and the stylist said there was about an inch difference in length comparing one side to the other. Oh well, what''s done is done and it''s better now. Bah! Luckily I have till November to get it back!
1.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 1:02:57 PM
You missed my hangout thread after ''the incident''. LOL, it really was bad. I had it fixed this weekend and the stylist said there was about an inch difference in length comparing one side to the other. Oh well, what''s done is done and it''s better now. Bah! Luckily I have till November to get it back!
1.gif
OMG
6.gif
Yes, i guess i missed that one! bad haircuts are the WORST. thank goodness you have time.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
sunny- They look great!! When are you planning on sending them out?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 2:52:47 PM
Author: meresal
sunny- They look great!! When are you planning on sending them out?
Thanks! I just ordered them, so I''m glad no one has said anything negative, hahaha!

We''re gonna send 2 rounds. Soon for the out of town family (which is all of both of our non-immediate families) so they can make arrangements, then at a normal time for everyone else (September?). We were only going to send them to the OOTers, but since we got 100 for free, why not send them to everyone!
2.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous, and what a bargain!!!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
They look great! I used Vistaprint for my engagement announcement signs and for the Engagement party invitations. I was very happy with their service.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re really cute!! You two make an adorable couple
1.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sunnyd.

Have you ordered a sample for yourself to see how they print? My FF uses vistaprint for his business and it is not he best quality. I know it works for him because he only uses a logo and name. Your STDs have a lot of pictures (ie roses and pic) which I think would need to be of higher quality. Maybe it is different with those, but I just wanted to inform you just in case you need to look elsewhere.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 6:32:39 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
Hi Sunnyd.

Have you ordered a sample for yourself to see how they print? My FF uses vistaprint for his business and it is not he best quality. I know it works for him because he only uses a logo and name. Your STDs have a lot of pictures (ie roses and pic) which I think would need to be of higher quality. Maybe it is different with those, but I just wanted to inform you just in case you need to look elsewhere.
...no. I''ve heard that too, but I''m just gonna go with the flow. If 50 suck and the rest are okay, then I''ll live. We only need that many anyway. Hoping they all look good though!
32.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 2:58:40 PM
Thanks! I just ordered them, so I'm glad no one has said anything negative, hahaha!
Awwwwww........not to rain on your parade, but I was going to suggest bringing the date in some because the white line going through the number 9...

I'm sure it will be lovely though! They sure are cute!!!! You two are gorgeous together.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 6:44:49 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

Thanks! I just ordered them, so I''m glad no one has said anything negative, hahaha!
Awwwwww........not to rain on your parade, but I was going to suggest bringing the date in some because the white line going through the number 9...

I''m sure it will be lovely though! They sure are cute!!!! You two are gorgeous together.
They ship super fast AND you can order another free box of the same thing if you need to redo them. I hope not, but since the line is over the 9, I think that might be their cut off line.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 6:51:57 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe

Date: 2/5/2009 6:44:49 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

I''m sure it will be lovely though! They sure are cute!!!! You two are gorgeous together.
They ship super fast AND you can order another free box of the same thing if you need to redo them. I hope not, but since the line is over the 9, I think that might be their cut off line.
Crap! Really? My mouse was over the pic, so that''s why it showed up in the first place. Like a box frame. But then in the next screen it looked fine, as in, the image fit in the box perfectly. That will definitely be a problem if the date is cut off...hahaha.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it very well could be the cut off line. I haven't seen the website so I don't know...but I guess it's something I caught being a graphic designer...sorry sunny!

ETA- if that does happen to be the cut off line, I would move in your names as well as they are very close to the edge and can possibly be cut off as well..

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm those jerks!
3.gif
Why would they put the pic and overload what it would fit?!?!
29.gif
Meh, $15 mistake I guess. We''ll see when they arrive!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Probably because it is set up for a bleed. Meaning, the ink bleeds off the page and they cut it so that there is no white space around it.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Well poop.
7.gif
Here''s what it looks like when you upload the pic...so you think the edges will be cut off outside the box?

stdsunnyd1.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm soooooooo sorry sunny! I wished I was logged in PS when you posted this before ordering
39.gif
It looks to me like anything outside of the dotted white box will be cut......so on the right and left, you have a bleed and that's fine, you just wouldn't want words there....and on the top and bottom, you would have a little white space...

ETA- is there any way you can contact them and tell them to cancel because you didn't know...?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Then again, I could be totally wrong. Could you send me the link to where you uploaded/created (whatever) this? I know its vistaprint.com but what is the actual page where you loaded this at? I don''t need YOUR actual page, just the link to that page that everyone sees when doing this..

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
It is really hard to say. I just went on vista print and when you click on that line it lets you change the background... so it MIGHT not be the cut off line. However, I also noticed with all of the other pre made ones the words were inside of that line. So, I guess we will just have to see. :/

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I agree even if it is not the cut off line you will have some white lines on the top and bottom showing. Try and call and cancel or ask them. However, knowing that they ship fast they are probably in process, but maybe not.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Try this one DG - http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/easypath/uploadpicture.aspx?ref=1&page=1&pf_id=084&combo_id=36348&filter=9%3a10013%7c%7c1%2c11%3a10016%7c%7c1%2c3%3a10002%7c%7c1&ssc=1&orig_combo1=1180.120.1.95624%7c95624%7c137%7c0&orig_combo2=1180.120.22.42932%7c42932%7c455%7c0&click=0&epupstep=1&combo1=1180.120.1.95624%7c95624%7c137%7c0&combo2=1180.120.22.42932%7c42932%7c455%7c0&uei=7536&ag=true&redir=3&rd=4

If that doesn't work, google save the date, vista print should be the first thing that comes up with the 100 free postcard offer. Upload your own design should be the first thing to click.

Dammit. Thanks for helping me DG and Definitely. I thought this would be so easy!!

ETA: Just found this:

The safe margins are borders that are definitely inside the place where the cut will take place. Please remember to keep all important information, like names, addresses, phone numbers or logos within the safe margin (at least .137” from the edge) to ensure that they aren’t cut off when your document is trimmed.

Nooooo!!!!
39.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... I''m looking at it now. Did you use their template?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...this is what the preview looks like, so now I''m thinking the date and site might be a touch chopped? This site is so ridiculous! LOL...but it did ship already. That was fast...

I didn''t use the template.

stdsunnyd2.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I know. Sites like this can be a little goofy sometimes. I had to use a site like this for a place I did an internship with and it was total chaos. This is what their template looks like (smaller version)

ETA- So, the red trim line is where they cut it.....the blue safe margin is the 'safe zone' where you would want to put stuff you don't want to get cut off. This was a Photoshop template. Looks like they also provide an Illustrator template as well. Then they have this stuff in layers and you would have to delete their layers and keep only yours so their stuff doesn't show up when it gets printed.

sdtemp.jpg

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
No problem. I love to be of any help that I can be!

Well worst case scenario, if it looks like the last picture you posted, you could also just chop off the top and bottom and even out the sides if need be. That would leave your STDs at what $50 and use the saved money somewhere else. I really hope they turn out well and you don''t have any other issues when you get them (like quality of print).
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results