shape
carat
color
clarity

My son is having surgery for a rare sports injury.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll be praying for your son H!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope it''s going well. Thinking of you guys.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Just caught this thread Heather. I am hoping for a successful surgery and a rapid recovery for your son. Stay strong and please keep us updated.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for being so thoughtful and thinking of us!!

We are home, after a long, stressful but successful day. Christopher is resting fairly comfortably right now, although his tummy is a bit upset and he doesn''t feel up to eating. He is happy to be home and I am so relieved this part is over. He will go for a post op appointment on Tuesday and has pain meds to get him through when the local in his arm wears off. He will remain in some type of casting for 3 months, but is hoping that by the end of June (his 13th birthday) he will be back to his regular sports and activities.

Again, I appreciate each and every one of you that took the time to send your healing thoughts and well wishes our way!
emrainbow.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad to hear you guys are back at home and he is resting. Glad that everything went well and hope that he heals up with lightning speed!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! So glad it went well, and that Christopher is home!!!! You''ll give him lots of TLC I''m sure. Thanks for the update, was thinking of you today, and said a few prayers. Here''s to him making a speedy recovery and getting back in the game soon!!!! And hugs to you mom, know these surgery''s are soooo scary!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bravo Heather!! He is in good hands, so you both get some rest.

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good deal! Here''s hoping to a fast, full recovery!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Glad to know you''re both home and that he''s resting, albeit a bit uncomfortably. My thoughts continue to be with you and yours.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 7:40:29 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Glad to know you''re both home and that he''s resting, albeit a bit uncomfortably. My thoughts continue to be with you and yours.
I am with Kimberly. I am so happy for you guys; you are such a good mom!!!! Praying for a speedy recovery!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thankfully the worst is behind you! Now he can heal and you can relax a bit, as much as a mom can! I am so happy for your family...

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Heather, I hadn''t seen this thread until today, so I didn''t have chance to wish you both well pre-surgery, but will be praying for his speedy and comfortable recovery now!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I''m late chiming in, but I''m sending good vibes your way, too.
1.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
All is well here and other than the inconvenience of only having one hand to use, Christopher is feeling very well and presently entertaining some friends. It always amazes me at the resilience that children have.

Big shout out to FireGoddess, Sharon, Nan, SkippyGirl, Kimberley, Diamondfan, Kaleigh, Crown1, Tacori, DeeJay, Mara, Beacon, Vegas Angel, Monnie, IrishAngel, Sundial, Ellen, Al, JustJulia.
36.gif
Thanks again and all thoughts are appreciated, pre and post surgery.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am certainly glad to hear he is feeling well enough to hang with some friends!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 8:07:50 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I am certainly glad to hear he is feeling well enough to hang with some friends!!
36.gif
Oh me too, that''s great!!!!
1.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
yeah! wonderful news.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for him, glad to hear he came through the surgery with flying colors!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
How''s your son doing Hlmr?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
He is coming along very nicely, thanks so much for asking FG! Amazingly he required no pain meds in the hours/days/weeks after the surgery....tough kid as it was quite invasive surgery.

He is bothered a bit by the pin that is still sticking out of his hand (holding that rebuilt ligament in place) because it has shifted position somewhat, but fortunately it will be removed in a couple of weeks and he can start physiotherapy.

He hopes that by the end of June (his 13th birthday) he will be using his thumb again as normal.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 10:24:03 PM
Author: hlmr
He is coming along very nicely, thanks so much for asking FG! Amazingly he required no pain meds in the hours/days/weeks after the surgery....tough kid as it was quite invasive surgery.

He is bothered a bit by the pin that is still sticking out of his hand (holding that rebuilt ligament in place) because it has shifted position somewhat, but fortunately it will be removed in a couple of weeks and he can start physiotherapy.

He hopes that by the end of June (his 13th birthday) he will be using his thumb again as normal.
So glad to hear this hlmr!!! He sounds like quite a trooper!! June is just around the corner, will be sending positive vibes his way!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news! I am so happy for you guys
12.gif
Praying for a speedy recovery.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lisa and Skippy!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2007 10:24:03 PM
Author: hlmr

He's a tough guy! I hope that his progress is on track and he'll be able to use the thumb in June too!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hlmr, how''s your son''s thumb? And a happy birthday to him if it hasn''t happened yet...
1.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Aw, FG, you are so very thoughtful to ask! He is turning 13 on Saturday
emcake.gif
. I will tell him you send birthday wishes.

He is doing great! He just recently was told he could stop wearing his cast/splint and his thumb is amazing! He has to build back up the muscles that haven't been used in his forearm and thumb area, but other than that, it has really turned out fine. He tells me it's weird a bit, because he can feel the difference inside his reconfigured thumb versus his other one but that it feels strong in there, so that sounds good.

This is his last day of school, and he is looking forward to a summer of biking, swimming and hanging with his friends!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad to hear your son is doing well! Happy birthday to him too!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 11:00:26 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
I''m so glad to hear your son is doing well! Happy birthday to him too!
Thanks! I can''t believe he is a teenager!
4.gif

And, I hope your bruise is better!! I had a good chuckle reading through your thread last night as I am forever banging into door frames and beds. Luckily my bruises don''t show up too much, especially at this time of year when I have a tan but I feel your pain! lol
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great to hear Hlmr! I''m glad his thumb has healed well and he can go back to using it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results