shape
carat
color
clarity

My ''Something Blue'' Option

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
I just got an idea (partly from seeing a bride on 'My Fair Wedding' with David Tutera on TV) for my 'something blue' on our wedding day. What do you think?

Aquamarine Bezel Necklace

Aquamarine is my birthstone, but I don't own any jewelry with aquamarines because I've always liked sapphires better in the past. But Tiffany's picture of this necklace is making me rethink my love-hate relationship with my birthstone. I'm thinking that I want something small enough so that nobody even needs to notice that I'm wearing it, but my fiance and I would know the multiple meanings behind it.

I called the local store, and they put one on hold for me so I could go check it out to make sure I like it. I'd love some feedback, positive or negative!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like a lovely idea to me.

Funny, my birthstone is sapphire, but I like aquamarines so much more.
1.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild has the bracelet and necklace in that line. I love how delicate it is! I say go for it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very pretty! Let us know what you think when you go try it on!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2010 2:56:00 PM
Author: Clairitek
FrekeChild has the bracelet and necklace in that line. I love how delicate it is! I say go for it!
And earrings.
3.gif

I love the delicate-ness as well and think that it''s a very elegant understated piece. I hope you like it!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the opinion ladies!

KittyGolightly - I think I didn''t like my own birthstone because I''ve always liked the deep color saturation of sapphires more. But now that I''ve joined the wonderful world of Pricescope, I''m learning that aquamarines come in a wide variety of color saturation. So I might actually like them now!

Claritek - I love your profile pic! May I ask where you got those bezels from?

Laila619 - My fiance and I are going to go take a look at the necklace tonight, so I''ll definitely let you guys know how it goes. By the way, have you made your decision to reset your RB into that lovely Leon halo yet?
31.gif

FrekeChild - Wow, I''d love to see some pics of your entire collection! I also agree that the delicate-ness of Tiffany''s design is what I think I like about it. I don''t want anything too big, and it''ll be a nice piece to wear after the wedding too.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!!!!!!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
great choice! i think it will be lovely!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m a fan of that necklace. I say go for it if you love it.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
It think it looks really nice.

Did you already plan to wear a necklace with your dress? And do you think it will compliment your look?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s lovely - I love Freke''s set. How did it go this evening seeing it in person?

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Argghhh! We made it to the store like 2 minutes after they had already closed their doors.
38.gif
29.gif

So I''ll have to wait until tomorrow to see it. Sorry for the letdown ladies! I''ll let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2010 4:42:15 PM
Author: sandyandisaac

Claritek - I love your profile pic! May I ask where you got those bezels from?

Thanks! They were gifts to my BMs last June when I got married. Freke actually sourced the stones for me and Daniel M Jewelry on Etsy made them. It was a custom project for me but now they offer sliding bezel pendants in a stone color of your choosing as a regular item in their store.

Link!
Sliding Bezel Pendants from DanielM Jewelry

I had the same vendor set my diamond studs. Very talented jeweler!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't taken pictures of it all together yet, but here is a more recent picture of the bracelet--sorry it's blurry, I only took one pic and was in a hurry...

IMG_8792%20freke.jpg

And here is a link with pictures of the necklace, although no neck shots. I'm really slacking on the picture front lately it seems!

Linky

ETA: I wore it to a job interview today. Totally understated and classic. Can't go wrong with that!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 1:06:54 AM
Thanks! They were gifts to my BMs last June when I got married. Freke actually sourced the stones for me and Daniel M Jewelry on Etsy made them. It was a custom project for me but now they offer sliding bezel pendants in a stone color of your choosing as a regular item in their store.

Link!

Oooh, thanks for the Etsy link! I''ll have to keep that in mind for possible bridesmaid gifts, if you don''t mind me copying you.
3.gif

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 1:34:56 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I haven''t taken pictures of it all together yet, but here is a more recent picture of the bracelet--sorry it''s blurry, I only took one pic and was in a hurry...

And here is a link with pictures of the necklace, although no neck shots. I''m really slacking on the picture front lately it seems!

Linky

ETA: I wore it to a job interview today. Totally understated and classic. Can''t go wrong with that!

Thanks for the extra pic and the link to your other thread. And you DO have a couple of neck shots in there! It looks lovely, and I can''t wait to go see it during lunch today. Oh, and I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
all of your e-rings - those blues are just awesome!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 10:17:11 AM
Author: sandyandisaac

Date: 4/22/2010 1:06:54 AM

Link!

Oooh, thanks for the Etsy link! I''ll have to keep that in mind for possible bridesmaid gifts, if you don''t mind me copying you.
3.gif
No, not at all! There are actually several other PSers who have done the same thing or similar. A bunch of them used DanielM as well. I want to get one for myself but I''m not much of a necklace person so I haven''t bothered yet.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies, just wanted to let you guys know that we went ahead and bought the necklace! It's tiny, but I think it'll do the job nicely. And if I change my mind later, it'll just be a nice birthstone necklace from Tiffany's.
12.gif

Now the question is...

Will I be able to control myself, and leave it in its pretty blue box and white bow until November 12, 2011???

Thanks again for all the positive votes to get it! Here's a teaser pic of what I'll have to look at until the wedding.

PAS_4596_small.JPG

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I''m glad you bought it. I have the earrings. I wear them every single day. Aquamarine is my birth stone too. Can''t wait to see pics of you wearing it at your wedding!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2010 5:17:59 PM
Author: Travel Goddess
Yay! I''m glad you bought it. I have the earrings. I wear them every single day. Aquamarine is my birth stone too. Can''t wait to see pics of you wearing it at your wedding!
Ditto this! I''m even wearing them as we speak. And I totally forgot about taking neck shots!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results