shape
carat
color
clarity

My Seven Stone asscher anniversary band CAD ?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am working on my 7th anniversary project (anniversary already happened this last weekend) but I have been working on this project since July which ended up for one reason or another not working out with the other items I had in mind, just to realize that what I wanted was a seven stone band. Anyways, here is the CAD of my 1.05ctw (15 points each) my ring size is a 4. What I'm just not sure about is the end junction of the shank yellow and the white meets ( i thought of a shoulder that curves up so the prongs aren't stickin out? )but no more than 1.8mm height/depth of the shank, I'm also worried that the end diamonds may pinch me? am I nuts? any suggestion? Thank you!
dtcadasschercombo.jpg
dt7stoneasscherfixcad.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
just wanted to say I am excited to see this project- and congrats on 7 years!!

I am thinking- could you have the shank taper up to the prongs on the end stones so they are flush with the band on the end?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your anniversary D&T! That is going to be one gorgeous 7-stone band!!! My five stone ring with forty pointers has prongs on the end that get a little squeezed in between my fingers and I have not found them to be uncomfortable, but you could certainly have them cap off your ends with more of a bar instead.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Amy! I do think that the shank coming up flush with the prongs could work? but would that add more thickness/depth too...arggh sorry I really want to get this right since its going to be my only band stand alone / maybe with my e-ring.. if it works, but mostly this is a stand alone band.

Sundial! Hi honey! :wavey: how have you been? thank you. Congrats on your anniversary did i miss your thread? I haven't been on SMTB much ... But I'll have to look for yours and see your beauty. I sent in my inspiration mock up with a semi bezel end, but I forgot to put more specifi details on the shank and junction since I was at a loss on how to fix my concern and problems, so I figured they could just do the CAD first off and see what they thought of and of course i still have concerns :wacko:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
D&T your photo is kinda small (I realize you had to resize it for PS) so I can't really see how the shank joins? Is there a small basket on the side in the white metal?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Slg, does this help? no basket, just U prong, Maybe becuase its two tone that is throwing me off on the ends?

dtpspic1.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh ok yeah, that is throwing me off too. I guess that's always how it is with a u-prong style? I was looking at some other examples of yellow gold and rose gold settings...if you had a bar like this
bar.jpg
then the band could join to the bar (I am not even sure if that is 'better' or not?) I think it is fine though since all of the prongs are in the white metal and the band is in the yellow gold.

Also congratulations on your anniversary :) looks like this is going to be a beautiful band.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Slg! ooh I see your example has it tapered too. Mine looks off something is amiss know what I mean? it just seems to end abruptly? :wacko: its a tab prong ending, and I don't see like the bar type connecting. I actually like the tapered Idea too. I sent off an email with some ideas you all had, let see what they come back with?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, itnisngoing to be beautiful. Congratulations on 7 years

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it will be gorgeous! I really know what you are talking about because I have thought about it when looking at 5 stone bands. My 7 stone Memoire has the side come all the way up to the diamond girdle height, and I like that. It is very comfortable. I think you need to look at pictures of 7 stone bands with u-prongs and show your jeweler how you want the sides to be. I wouldn't want those prongs sticking up above the height of the band either.

Here, the Sally by BG does what you need:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5395

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks Marcy! ::)

DS- thank you! its nice to get another's perspective because I get tunnel vision when its my own project. I appreciate you looking for this image, I also sent this one along with asking the shank to be thinned out slightly? out the shank a little when it curves or cathedral down the bottom.
I'll come back with new revised CAD hopefully monday. Yay! I'm really looking forward to the finish product. Thank you all for your help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results