shape
carat
color
clarity

My self panned Montana sapphires finally set!

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These two sapphires I panned myself and got to see them from rough to cut. I was going for a rustic/organic look which I am happy about the results. Both stones are around 5mm.

The sellers photo
text5.jpg

In Indirect sunlight
text2.jpg
text3.jpg
text4.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
This is so awesome!!! Congrats on these two beauties!!! Very cool that you were able to literally see these stones from start to finish. Love the colors! Were these heated or natural stones? Sorry if I missed that info on another thread.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
_lovesvintage_|1472307325|4070549 said:
This is so awesome!!! Congrats on these two beauties!!! Very cool that you were able to literally see these stones from start to finish. Love the colors! Were these heated or natural stones? Sorry if I missed that info on another thread.
Hi. Thanks they were both heat treated only, but the green sapphire was around that color naturally and they heated it to clear up inclusions mainly

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these I feel like they look almost like you just pulled them out of the ground that way. So earthy!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very cool, they are amazing stacking rings or they could be worn on their own!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these!!! The colours are amazing and I love the organic look of the settings.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both. Are you intending to wear them as a set? Could you say what color the blue sapphire was before heating, was it already blue?

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are so neat to see. I would love to pan for sappphires!

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pyramid|1472324279|4070622 said:
I love them both. Are you intending to wear them as a set? Could you say what color the blue sapphire was before heating, was it already blue?
Hi. I actually have been wearing them like in the pictures, cuase it looks like the are soldered together. The blue sapphire was almost white with a blue tint that deepened with heat treatment :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Amazing and I love the organic feel of the settings. :appl:

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
Love this set and what an interesting story about them.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So cool to have found the rough yourself! A couple of pieces with a very different back story!! :appl:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful stones and rings! I have panned the (salted) places a couple times, but nothing worth faceting and wearing!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this project is just so cool. I think the rustic settings are really suited to the stones. The stones colors are so pretty and go so well with the yellow gold. They look like something that can be worn everyday or for any occasion. :clap:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo really nice! Love these!! 14K on the settings?

aussiejamie

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on your lovely ring! There is nothing like digging up your very own beautiful gem from the earth and making it into a beautiful piece of jewelry! :clap:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. Very pretty sapphires and rings. How fun to have found them yourself.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love these rings and love that you found the sapphires yourself. I too love the organic/rustic feel/look of these rings. Love the brushed gold too. Just beautiful! :love:

Fantatatastik!
I love sapphires with a story. Self-found! what could be greater?
And since you found them like that, they will also be 100% untreated. WOW. Super.
And the setting is just perfect for the story.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! that is so cool and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the rustic YG settings!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results