shape
carat
color
clarity

My Save the Dates!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovelylulu asked for me to post my save the dates (there are in someone else''s thread floating about here somewhere)

I printed them on cream 120 lb pre-cut card stock so they are nice and thick. I created a simple logo at the top (his last name and my future last name to be starts with an "m") I am planning on using this logo on our invites, programs, menus, ex.. I made the magnets myself also. I got pre-cut business cards from office depot then printed out picture with our names on it. Then I put them on pre-cut business card size magnets (can you sense a theme
2.gif
I tried to make things as simple as possible) They are sticky on one side and very thick which is nice. I used some removable glue tabs to stick the magnet to the cards. They are printed double sided. On the back is the hotel information. I used a metalic pen to write out the addresses (it looked really cool on the black). I am planning on using these fonts also on all my printed material to tie it all together. I really liked the way they turned out. I am not sure if I saved much money by doing them myself but I like the idea of making them EXACTLY the way I wanted.

Hope this helps
1.gif

Tacori-E-ring-STD-sample.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous!!!! They look professionally done!
36.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those look so professional! I''m totally impressed!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love them! Want to do mine?
31.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2006 2:35:14 PM
Author: Matatora
Oh, I love them! Want to do mine?
31.gif

Hehe, while you''re making Mata''s....mind making mine too?
9.gif

Seriously, I am sooo impressed, they look fantastic!!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I likie!!! Good job on them, they look great!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies. I am a graphic designer by profession but honestly they were easy to do. Anyone could. With all the
pre-cut stuff I bought it was great. I am guessing they cost about $2.00 (I could break down everything) a piece. I am planning on making my invitations the same size (many pages held with a grommet). I just want something elegant BUT different. I would be happy to help you Mat!
12.gif

ETA: sorry albicocca we were posting at them same time. I could be happy to help anyone. Just PM me with questions.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, another tip (direct from art school) if you do decide to make your own magnets with a black background, I took a black sharpie and colored the edges on the cards to blend in better. (I didn''t like the white edge the paper left)

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Wow I am very impressed! I too can''t believe you made those your self. So what did you print them on? A laser jet or did you use your expensive graphic designer equipment?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
They look fantastic Tacori!

Had to giggle... i would hope they looked professional.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
sunkist- I used our Xerox Phaser printer but used my HP inkjet for the magnets. Our phaser is GREAT with text and photos but not so great with solid black so the inkjet did a smoother job.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2006 2:59:19 PM
Author: njc
They look fantastic Tacori!

Had to giggle... i would hope they looked professional.
2.gif

Yeah, well not everyone knows my profession so I take it as a compliment. They really do look better in real life than in the photograph. The paper has kind of a metalic finish to it, really pretty. I am sure you understand but I do feel some pressure to make all my invites/printed material really, really nice. I am sure I will post my invites when I start/finish. I probably will start that project in march. **sigh** Just like wanting 12 different e-rings I like 12 different invite designs. Oh well!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I totally understand the need/want/expectation that everything should look fantastic. I had the same problem. I would really be interested to see how costs ended up breaking down for you. When i quickly priced things, it seemed like there was no difference, at least for invitations, but i also dont have a color laser... thats a huge cost savings.

And i would take everyones compliment as a compliment. Like i said, i just giggled to myself because i knew already... it wasnt a cut down to you or anyone else.
1.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
WOW- they look AWESOME!

Can''t wait to see what you do for the invites.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
wow! those look amazing! who cares if you didn''t save a bundle -- those perfectly reflect you and your man. i''m totally impressed

ps: thanks for posting
emstar.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem lovelylulu. I could have saved money if I hadn''t bought pre-cut paper and the envelopes were expensive ( I think 50 cents a piece but I LOVED them). But time is money so I didn''t mind. I hope this gave you ideas. I really like the idea of having a logo or pattern that can be repeated on all of your printed materials. Postcards can be great option too if you need to save money (cheaper postage too!) Also sometimes a local print shop can be cheaper than a "wedding invitation printer." I think they can mark-up 25% by just having the word wedding in there. I am going to have my RSVPs as a postcard to simplify things. I will probably have my printer print the envelopes just to make sure they are perfect and then I will print the insides.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Tacori great tip with the sharpies!
As soon as I have a date for people to save I will be bothering you. I showed them to one of my girlfriends and she thought they were super cute! I love the magnets so fun!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
they look Fab!

I am a GD as well. I am probably going to do my thank you cards, programs, menu cards and save the dates by hand and at home. I will design my invites, but will proabably be paying for them to be printed since i want to do techinques i can''t do at home. I have no idea if it''s cheaper to do this or not, but it **seems** like it would be in my head, so i''ll go for it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mat- okay, just let me know
2.gif
We used to use the sharpie trick all the time when preparing our portfolios. It works great!

Jcrow- I don''t think I saved much money (if count my time then no for sure) but I could pick materials that I wanted and do it on my own timeline. Also I can have bragging rights I guess
9.gif
We got a magnet STD once and it was so cheaply done the magnet didn''t even stick! So it was important to be to use really thick magnets/paper. I have big plans for the invites and am going to save money because to get someone to agree to do it would be custom [$$)] and lots of their time. I might chicken out and change my mind and do something more simple (like if I run out of time) but with 7 months left I can be crazy.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Tacori e-ring- we used the sharpie trick at our school too if we didn''t buy the black through and through board.

we must think alike on the invites and printed pieces. i want to be able to do it. with my own hands. my own design. be apart of it, you know.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh so pretty!! i love doing it yourself or doing some elements yourself as well.

we did our own enagement invites (vellum on cardstock with tied ribbons and matching envelopes), own save the dates, cardstock with raffia, and homemade flip flops; and i bought a designer's invites online and did my own printing and assembling for the invites and cards etc. it was www.mypersonalartist.com for those who want the touch of art but want to be a part of it yourself as well. also the palm tree theme went well with the thought of hawaii.

In the end we didn't save a DIME on me doing them myself and probably even spent more for all the elements, but it was fun (and stressful, I wasn't working the last month before the wedding which helped!)..also I did our programs and menus myself and also the itinerary welcome cards which were on a shaded aka 30% gradient background of the invite palm trees so that worked out nicely.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bump!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! May I ask where you got the business card magnets?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2006 11:37:42 PM
Author: peonygirl
Gorgeous! May I ask where you got the business card magnets?

Office Depot (any office supply store) They are sticky on one side and magnet on the other. They are nice and thick too (not the flimsy ones that fall off the fridge) then I printed the picture on pre-cut business cards. Very easy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results