shape
carat
color
clarity

My Royal Rhodolite Suite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I began with earring jackets for my diamond studs. Then I added a pendant. Then garnet studs and finally a 5-stone ring. Many thanks to Rick at Artcutgems for his patience as I worked on my projects. Someday I hope to add a bracelet, but in the meantime, I thought I''d share pictures of my first jewelry suite.

RRSuite5010.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
FG--very lovely!! I love the rose gold too.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The pendant.

RRPendant4959.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 5:12:23 PM
Author: coatimundi
FG--very lovely!! I love the rose gold too.
Thanks, coati! Actually, the setting is 14k yellow gold, except the ring stones are set in 14k white gold. I love the pretty, sparkly stones.

RRRing4624.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Side view of the ring. The setting was a made from a stock design my jeweler had on hand. Such pretty stones!

RRSide4999.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hand shot standing next to a window on a winter day. Love the blue flash showing on the tips of the stones.

RRHandSide5018.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t want to neglect the earrings.

RRSuite4966.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ear shot with just the stud.

RREarStud4924.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Adding the matching jacket.

RREarJack4935.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Side view.

RREarringSide4977.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
And, a neck shot of the pendant.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_4716pendantneck.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl, I really love your rhodolite suite! Every piece is exquisite and I just love the color of the stones. I love your taste! I especially love the earring jackets; studs; and pendant, which work really well together and which are in my taste as well as yours! I really cannot say enough in admiration of them. Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures. They look just great on you!

Deborah
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your rhodolite suite is gorgeous, they look fabulous on you!!!!
30.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WOW! It''s such a lovely set. I just adore the color of the stones. You did a wonderful job.
36.gif
36.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgous suite. They are all so pretty like raspberry jam and the earring design is a great idea.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, thanks for sharing. I love the rose gold with the pendant stone.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!

As the owner of one of Rick''s Royal Rhodolites I can imagine how amazing they must look IRL.

Great result!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh your suite is beautiful!! I especially like how versatile the earrings are. Congratulations.
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 5:37:30 PM
Author: AGBF

Fly Girl, I really love your rhodolite suite! Every piece is exquisite and I just love the color of the stones. I love your taste! I especially love the earring jackets; studs; and pendant, which work really well together and which are in my taste as well as yours! I really cannot say enough in admiration of them. Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures. They look just great on you!

Deborah
34.gif
Thank you, Deb. That is so sweet of you. My taste runs towards the simple and classic. This garnet is available in so many sizes, it was fun to decide on a stock setting, then pick out the stones. It really is a suite done a budget, but the incredible garnet color makes it look much more expensive than it is. My kind of a project.
2.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 5:44:53 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Your rhodolite suite is gorgeous, they look fabulous on you!!!!
30.gif
Thank you, Kaleigh. I like the garnet color and flash a lot.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 5:46:07 PM
Author: mochi
WOW! It''s such a lovely set. I just adore the color of the stones. You did a wonderful job.
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you, mochi. Another pretty ring shot for you.
2.gif

RRRing4965.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 5:54:03 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
What a gorgous suite. They are all so pretty like raspberry jam and the earring design is a great idea.
Thanks, LovingDiamonds. Here are the jackets on my diamond studs. I was originally going to stop with this jacket project, but I liked the garnet color so much that I kept on going.

IMG_4623a.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous FG, I love everything, but especially the 5 stone.
And I love how versatile the earrings are.

Thanks for sharing!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 6:06:05 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Very pretty, thanks for sharing. I love the rose gold with the pendant stone.
Thank you, TL. It''s actually yellow gold, sorry about the misleading lighting in some of the pictures. I think the second picture I posted shows the color most clearly. But, rose gold would be very pretty with this garnet material, too.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Your rhodolite suite is just beautiful!! I love all the pieces, but especially the earring jackets and your 5-stone ring!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 6:20:05 PM
Author: Pandora II
Absolutely gorgeous!

As the owner of one of Rick''s Royal Rhodolites I can imagine how amazing they must look IRL.

Great result!
Thank you, Pandora. I read your comments about how Rick''s Royal Rhodolite was great material, and I knew if you liked it, this project would be fabulous. So, thanks for your help. And, it does look awesome in person.
3.gif

The first time I wore the pendant I was making a purchase at Office Max (an office supply store) and the cashier commented on my sparkly pendant. I tell you, this sort of thing doesn''t happen to me at all. I figure it was a combination of the awesome stones, and the fact that they happen to have great gemstone lighting at Office Max!
28.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 6:21:53 PM
Author: Catmom
Oh your suite is beautiful!! I especially like how versatile the earrings are. Congratulations.
30.gif
Thank you, Catmom! I have to tell you that your incredible jewelry suites were my inspiration.
1.gif

I was getting mostly a ring here, earrings there, and while I could wear different pieces together, nothing really matched all that well. I decided to work on getting a suite together. I''ve talked with Rick about stones for a bracelet, and I''m hoping to be able to go forward with that project later this year.
3.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are such beautiful pieces, absolutely stunning. Especially the ring.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 7:28:41 PM
Author: arjunajane
Gorgeous FG, I love everything, but especially the 5 stone.
And I love how versatile the earrings are.

Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, and you are most welcome, arjunajane. I''d like to share another picture with everyone. Here is my little parakeet, who liked the sparkly earring jacket, too.

IMG_4668withBird.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 7:53:29 PM
Author: chiquitapet
WOW! Your rhodolite suite is just beautiful!! I love all the pieces, but especially the earring jackets and your 5-stone ring!
36.gif
Glad you like it, chiquitapet! I like how my jeweler make the jackets with a little hinge at the bottom, so the garnet pear can wiggle. He made the pendant so it will move, too, although the pendant is one piece and doesn''t separate.

IMG_4630a.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results