shape
carat
color
clarity

My Reward for Quitting Smoking! THANKS to You All!

iLander.... CONGRATS! YOU DESERVE IT!

I bet some new pearls would look good with that purse too :Up_to_something:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!! Congratulations on quitting - definitely not an easy task, so this is well deserved.

I never thought I'd ever cross the 300$ mark for bags, but since I've spent over $4500 this year on bags, maybe it wouldn't hurt if I spent it all on, like, ONE bag. N'est-ce pas?? :cheeky:

In true tPF fashion, please post modelling pics!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1313683795|2993417 said:
gemgirl|1313677060|2993339 said:
Congratulations to you! that's great news and I LOVE your new handbag! Very chic!

I never even thought of a quit smoking prezzie. Hmmmmm. I've been smoke free for five and a half months now. I think I'm behind in my shopping!

CONGRATULATIONS! :appl: What a pain it is, isn't it? Really pretty awful . . .

I think you really should treat yourself! Get something outrageous, that you wouldn't normally consider.

DH pushed me into getting it, and he's right, I do look at it and think I don't want to slide back into smoking.

I think that's why I haven't gotten myself anything to celebrate. I think I'm going to back slide.....

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I quit smoking about 6 years ago, and never bought myself a present for it. Maybe it's time for a combo early graduation/I quit a long time ago sparkly. I have been eyeballing a pair of 1.5 ctw studs :naughty: :naughty:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on quitting smoking, and on your lovely new bag!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations iLander!! That is a gorgeous bag to remind you everyday of the awesome thing you are doing for your body! I'm amazed at the data about how much more life you give yourself when you stop smoking! My mom smoked forever and we always fought about it.. She quietly quit and it's something she won't talk about but I wish we could.. Just so I could say how proud I am of her for quitting. This is one time where it's awesome to be a quitter!! Congratulations again!!!!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congratulations! As a former smoker, I know how tough it is to quit. You've done something amazing for yourself.

Lovely, classic reward gift,too. What a nice choice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Love the bag!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl|1313715437|2993864 said:
iLander|1313683795|2993417 said:
gemgirl|1313677060|2993339 said:
Congratulations to you! that's great news and I LOVE your new handbag! Very chic!

I never even thought of a quit smoking prezzie. Hmmmmm. I've been smoke free for five and a half months now. I think I'm behind in my shopping!

CONGRATULATIONS! :appl: What a pain it is, isn't it? Really pretty awful . . .

I think you really should treat yourself! Get something outrageous, that you wouldn't normally consider.

DH pushed me into getting it, and he's right, I do look at it and think I don't want to slide back into smoking.

I think that's why I haven't gotten myself anything to celebrate. I think I'm going to back slide.....

I back slid a dozen times over the years. Started right up again, even after I quit for the entire duration of both pregnancies. This time I am making a big giant noise about it, telling everyone I know, started the thread, etc. It makes me feel more "visible" and I feel like I need to be more committed because everybody knows about it. Told all my clients, friends, etc. I mention it to cashiers at stores ("I can enjoy perfume now that I've quit smoking" at perfume counter), random strangers, to try to make it part of my identity. Plus they always murmur something nice like "congrats' or whatever. Every little bit helps. All the noise is like a BIG wedding; it demonstrates commitment, and makes it trickier to fall off the wagon. That's my theory, anyway, for what it's worth.

I think you should get yourself something, if you think it will help. You're not a smoker anymore. You're not that person, you've moved past that phase in your life. Besides, you don't want to back slide have to do it all over again, do you? Blech!! You've come a long way, stick with it! Good job! :appl:

Start a thread, I'll support you! :wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
sparklyheart|1313721739|2993951 said:
Congratulations iLander!! That is a gorgeous bag to remind you everyday of the awesome thing you are doing for your body! I'm amazed at the data about how much more life you give yourself when you stop smoking! My mom smoked forever and we always fought about it.. She quietly quit and it's something she won't talk about but I wish we could.. Just so I could say how proud I am of her for quitting. This is one time where it's awesome to be a quitter!! Congratulations again!!!!

She doesn't want to talk to you about it because it's a tough, private decision, and if you talk about it, she'll feel pressured. Maybe just comment when she smells good or something, she'll get the hint.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
manderz|1313715840|2993866 said:
I quit smoking about 6 years ago, and never bought myself a present for it. Maybe it's time for a combo early graduation/I quit a long time ago sparkly. I have been eyeballing a pair of 1.5 ctw studs :naughty: :naughty:

6 years of not smoking? That must add up to a LOT of diamond! :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kama_s|1313707866|2993768 said:
I love it!!! Congratulations on quitting - definitely not an easy task, so this is well deserved.

I never thought I'd ever cross the 300$ mark for bags, but since I've spent over $4500 this year on bags, maybe it wouldn't hurt if I spent it all on, like, ONE bag. N'est-ce pas?? :cheeky:

In true tPF fashion, please post modelling pics!

For that kind of money, you could have gotten a couple of this particular model . . . :naughty:

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
heck, for that type of gift i would start smoking so i could quit and buy myself a great gift! :D you do deserve a reminder gift that each day you don't smoke you have committed to being a healthier better you!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Many congrats iLander! So proud of you!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, and huge congratulations! Makes me wish I'd been smoking for the last few years so I could quit too :naughty:

Three of my closest friends quit smoking, two within this last year (one with the help of hypnotism, one using an e-cig), and one - the heaviest smoker - has now been smoke free for four years!!

It IS possible, if you slip up just try again. I think buying a gorgeous Chanel reminder is a GREAT idea :appl:

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Big achievement. You deserve that purse!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
iLander, congrats on your success!!

And congrats on your new purse! It's very elegant.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1313790909|2994544 said:
iLander, congrats on your success!!

And congrats on your new purse! It's very elegant.

Hi Danny!! :wavey:

Thanks and I hope you come and hang around some more, it's more fun with you here! :bigsmile: How's it going with your MIL's visit? Sorry, but that would make me nuts :twirl: , I hope you're doing better than I would!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
bean|1313702165|2993694 said:
iLander.... CONGRATS! YOU DESERVE IT!

I bet some new pearls would look good with that purse too :Up_to_something:

And I did notice that Coco Chanel wore a lot of pearls . . . hmmmmm . . . :Up_to_something:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, iLander!!!

I'm so glad you were able to use the money towards something spectacular!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results