shape
carat
color
clarity

My renovated bathroom- spa getaway!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t it lovely? I''ve been living like this for two weeks. And yes, it''s our only bathroom. Sigh.

Here is the whirlpool tub! Watch for splinters!

PICT0384.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oops. Wrong pic. yes ladies, that''s the before. isn'' t it beautiful. Hubby thought it was just fine.

Here''s the jet tub. Doesn''t it look relaxing?

PICT0394.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hard to believe I''m cranky in the am after two weeks of using this shower/spa!

shower.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hmm. My makeup looked great at home!

PICT0400.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Is that my contractor checking out his work?

PICT0395.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hmm. Is this to code?

PICT0399.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Maybe the cat DID lay this section of floor???

Does anyone have some pills or a shotgun I can borrow...give it right back...promise...

PICT0413.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Glad to see your cats are pitching in...keep the faith!!

cheers--Sharon

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Nothing quite like a hot shower while engulfed in plastic wrap...
32.gif

This will be SO WORTH IT when it''s done.... hang in there!

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, talk about deja vu (sp?). Your bathroom looks exactly like my old one in my last house. We too had our only bath redone complete with a jaccuzi tub. It came out great but I had to use my boyfriends mothers house to take showers in
7.gif
But in the end it was worth it. Can''t wait to see the finished pics.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think that in the 30s, it was the law that you do your bathroom like that LOL...

I really think I''m going to blow my brains out soon. My shower curtain is help up with tape. The dust that gets ALL over the house is horrible. I''m talking about haunbted house dust!

And BTW, I''ll NEVER EVER EVER use HEX TILE again. It is a nightmare. It''s not even evenly spaced on the pre-mounted sheets. My husband actually suggested we switch. It looks horrible with the dark grout b/c it''s so uneven.

I''m thinking about switching to a 3" hex for the rest of the floor. but that'' 20.00 a square foot OUCH. I don''t know what to do at this point. Sigh.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure how we could live with only 1 bathroom LOL, we have 4. It's a good thing our house is newer because dh is NOT a handyman and even I do all the painting by myself.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
such is life in NYC! We''ll deal. The funny thing is, I act like we''ll be getting visits from the Queens of England LOL.. No one visits us b/c all our friends are in eastern Long Island...
It must feel good to do some of the work yourself! There''s no way in heck I''d do it...I''ll get right on that after I get home at 7pm and cook dinner, do the dishes and iron the clothes for th next day LOL...Thank god hubby is a firm believer in paying people to do everything so I don''t have to lift a finger

ANyway, I''m having major issues with this floor tile. THe manus don''t set the hex straight on the mesh sheets so it looks bad on the floor. I''m looking into 2" hex. Oye.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
isn''t renovating FUN!!!
40.gif

what''s the timeframe for finishing?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Man- MMM- hang in there.

Atleast the kitties are making sure things are done correctly!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Hey MMM, I love the look of the hex floor but I know it is a pain. We put it our bathrooms, but we used the sheets w/ larger hex''s and squares in between, actually maybe they aren''t hex''s!! LOL. anyway my DH did it, it isn''t perfect and why we used white grout..........I don''t know!! Good luck with you renovating, it will be worth it in the end to soak in your nice tub, which was one requirement I had for our new house and we have lived here a year and I have taken........2 baths!!!
Lisa

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL- those are octagon/dot! Interestingly enough, I have one sheet of those here....tons of confusion, dumb sales people later it doesn''t match my wall tile so I went with octagon...I''ve decided to do larger onces...either 1 1/2 or 2" hexagons...we''ll see tomorrow. He got a bit of tile done today...I''ll post pix!

Should be done by monday! THANK GOD!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
(keep all sharp objects away from mmm until monday)

2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I have seriously lost it. Together with a MAJOR project at work...just met the deadline 2 hours ago after working on it for 2 1/2 weeks like a man woman...I have lost it. Every monring I wake up at 6:30 am and have to tape up my shower curtain. Then I have to find the shower handle. Then I have to get and get the shampoo and soap. Then I have to find the rug (we have to take everything out each day)... I am seriously brain dead guys. On the + side, he is done tiling today! JOY!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh man, you have really had to put up with a lot. At least the tile work will be finished today, looking forward to seeing the final pic of your spa!!
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Is "spa" another name for a tiny city bathroom :) LOL

But the good news is that I decided to not use the 1" hex on the main floor and I found the PERFECT flooring! It''s from the same co and is a 4" almost octagon and dot. I LOVE IT!!!! Yippee!!! Not too big. Not too small!

Then, I went out to the Home Goods store and got tyhe most amazing light blue and almost white soft toile quilt and shams...it is so pretty...I''m going to do a taupe dupioni bed skirt and get nice puddle silk drapes!!!

I should go buy a lotto ticket! Things are going my way today!!!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Isn''t it just great when ur renovating project looks up! It sounds like it''ll come out divine. Glad things are working out. You needed some good news after putting up w/ so much. I''ve been down this exact road before w/ my coop. Only bthrm in the place and riggin something every morning to take a shower.... oiy! I hope you''ll share pics when it''s all done.. better yet even progress pics.
31.gif

PS
We''re redoing our downstairs bthrm rite now as well. Can''t wait for it to be over with. The sanding plaster dust is insane.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG cute- seriously....I can;t even begin to describe the dust...It is disguisting. Just gross. I have been covering the couches and some of the furniture...buit I"m definitely going to have to dry clean all the drapes, etc. Ugh. We are able to shower, plastic free tomorrow! That is SO COOL!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Well, here is one shot. The handle isn't really installed...I just put it on....
I'm a little disappointed that I spent about $400 bucks on the darn thing and it shows finger prints like crazy. I had the home depot pegasus brand brushed nickel and it never showed prints. Whatever!

I got these insane retro nickel wire corner baskets to hold the shampoo, etc...

shower1.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
!

show2.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Wall not grouted yet

hexflooring.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Ceiling light and sink faucet.... The towel bar and tp holder is similar....

ceilinglight.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
unpainted crown molding!

unptcrwn.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m in love with my toothbrush holder...I have a matching soap dish. I should buy replacement glass now...I''m sure it will break as soon as I use it
6.gif

toothbrush.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOH! It''s so awesome--right up my alley! I cannot wait for the finished pics!!!!!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results