shape
carat
color
clarity

My Rebecca Minkoff Nikki Hobo in Perriwinkle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I saw the RM thread and thought I''d post the full size Nikki I got recently. The feet fell off but their customer service was excellent and I sent it in and got it back within two weeks with new feet. I have to say though that the feet are a different style then the ones they came with but I was told the old style wasn''t great so they were using this new style that''s supposed to be better.

So here she is in Perriwinkle which is a nice lavender type color.

rmperi1.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock

rmperi3.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock

rmperi4.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
New feet! Different then those octagonal shaped feet (i think they were octagonal).

rmperi2.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
So cute!!! I love that color!!! I just ordered the Nikki in gray.....Haven''t received it yet.....Do you love it?
31.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 5:14:58 AM
Author: Dani
So cute!!! I love that color!!! I just ordered the Nikki in gray.....Haven''t received it yet.....Do you love it?
31.gif
Yes indeed I love it! Soft smooth buttery leather! You''ll love your new bag for sure. :) I have a purple patent mini nikki as well. I posted a thread about it in here somewhere.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG its GORGEOUS - I ADORE it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That silver HW is TDF, and the color is so beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 3:13:15 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thank you! I''m definitely a silver kind of gal so this fit me pretty well! I''m just relieved they were able to fix those feet!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 3:44:47 AM
Author: violet02
Date: 4/21/2009 3:13:15 PM

Author: AmberGretchen

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thank you! I''m definitely a silver kind of gal so this fit me pretty well! I''m just relieved they were able to fix those feet!!

Definitely! I know a lot of ladies have had issues with that, it seems like the company is having growing pains, but I''ve also been impressed with how good they''ve been about trying to make it right for their customers.

I just can''t get over how beautiful that lavender color is - its so perfect for Spring. Will you bring it to the GTG so I can admire in person?? Pretty please?
12.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to point out that RM is having a sample sale in San Francisco on May 16th. I''m planning on heading over there after the GTG that day, if anyone might be interested in joining me
12.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I have a question. Dont have my camera right now, but I got my RM Nikki today, and I am wondering why the hardware (brackets on sides) on mine looks different than Violet's.

Does anyone know? The brackets on the sides of my bag look like this, but mine is in the grey leather: Why is it different? Is it just different colors have different hardware?

http://www.bluefly.com/Rebecca-Minkoff-gold-crackle-leather-Mini-Nikki-bag/cat430054/301999901/detail.fly

ETA: Violet, I just looked up your other thread on your mini Nikki...I have the same brackets as that bag, but mine is the full size, not the mini
33.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Dani,

I don''t know why yours is different, I guess different styles for different bags? I''m not really sure. I think AG might know though?

AG - How come I never hear about these sample sales! Argh! So I''m supposed to take a class that day and I wasn''t going to make it to the GTG.
7.gif
My class is in SF though, I''ve love to sneak into the sample sale at some point!!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Okay so I posted about the sample sale in the other thread but I was wondering, what to expect at the sample sale. Is it better to go earlier? Do they have samples of old colors leftover or new styles for a discount??

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Dani - I think they have used a variety of different kinds of hardware at different points. Each of my bags has different hardware. I know some people prefer one kind and some people prefer another, its a totally personal preference. I think she just changes the colors and style of hardware according to what she thinks looks best with a given bag, and usually any given style (Nikki or whatever) in a given color will only have one type of hardware, but I''ve seen exceptions to that as well.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
violet - I''ve only been to the one sample sale, but from reading about the others, I think the deal is that the selection does depend on when you go but is tough to predict. They pretty much keep putting out new stuff the whole time, so whether they have out what you are looking for at a particular point is tough to know. I think they sometimes introduce additional styles/colors and/or incentives (like a drawing for a free bag) at later times to get people to keep coming in.

The prices at the last one were about 50% of retail I think - I think the full-size Nikkis were going for about $325, and about the same for a full-size Matinee. I''m not sure of the exact amount, but it was definitely in that neighborhood, so its a significant discount.

There were also some styles/colors that were really rare and/or weren''t actually really produced for sale - they had just made a few of them as prototypes or whatever, so those were there as well, and that was kind of cool.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 4:03:44 PM
Ok, I have a question. Dont have my camera right now, but I got my RM Nikki today, and I am wondering why the hardware (brackets on sides) on mine looks different than Violet''s.

Does anyone know? The brackets on the sides of my bag look like this, but mine is in the grey leather: Why is it different? Is it just different colors have different hardware?

http://www.bluefly.com/Rebecca-Minkoff-gold-crackle-leather-Mini-Nikki-bag/cat430054/301999901/detail.fly

ETA: Violet, I just looked up your other thread on your mini Nikki...I have the same brackets as that bag, but mine is the full size, not the mini

33.gif

Dani-Your bag is from last winter''s color line which had the "signature" hardware. No one liked it so she went back to hardware that is similar to her original hardware. Violet''s is the brand new hardware.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 4:36:42 PM
Author: neatfreak
Date: 4/23/2009 4:03:44 PM

Ok, I have a question. Dont have my camera right now, but I got my RM Nikki today, and I am wondering why the hardware (brackets on sides) on mine looks different than Violet's.

33.gif

Dani-Your bag is from last winter's color line which had the 'signature' hardware. No one liked it so she went back to hardware that is similar to her original hardware. Violet's is the brand new hardware.

Thanks! I actually like this hardware alot, so its surprising that not many people like it. Oh well! I adore the color, its very versatile- the bag is just great overall!!!!!
36.gif
Very happy with it!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous. Such a beautiful colour.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I want this bag
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous bag, I want it!
Love this color for the spring/summer
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results