shape
carat
color
clarity

my "rainbow " stones

eos512

Shiny_Rock
It's been almost a year since I stepped away from colored stone collection and turned to other hobbies. But when I saw a spessartite a few days ago, I just couldn't resist the color. So I just grap it without any hesitation. Here is the picture. It is in the middle of the 1st row with other colored stones I left with.

_1618.jpeg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous collection, thank you for sharing your rainbow stones. :appl:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm jealous. Very jealous.

:love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are so bright and eye catching. I know it sounds really weird but I like the cylindrical bi-colour crystal on the right.

eos512

Shiny_Rock
Chrono|1453729526|3981076 said:
They are so bright and eye catching. I know it sounds really weird but I like the cylindrical bi-colour crystal on the right.
hi Chrono, it is not weird at all. Me either! It is the rough from Jeff White. And it is the most expensive stone that I ever purchased. Apart from paraba tourmaline, it is the blue color that I love the most in tourmaline family.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE your CS collection! Such bright and saturated colors :wavey: :appl:

eos512

Shiny_Rock
theredspinel|1453717830|3981057 said:

Thanks. Every time when I wake up and see all these, I feel that the life is so great. Hope I can get more saturated color this year. A fine peridot maybe, another tsavorite and an ultimate paraiba if the my wallet permits

eos512

Shiny_Rock
theredspinel|1453717830|3981057 said:

Thanks. Every time when I wake up and see all these, I feel that the life is so great. Hope I can get more saturated color this year. A fine peridot maybe, another tsavorite and an ultimate paraiba if the my wallet permits

eos512

Shiny_Rock
lovedogs|1453731982|3981096 said:
LOVE your CS collection! Such bright and saturated colors :wavey: :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, my kind of colours, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous collection you have there...and that new spess fits right in. :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Love your box full of goodies! ;-) Wow. That's my kinda box too. I'd love to know more about them, if you have the time. The spess fits in nicely! Well done.

eos512

Shiny_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1453811783|3981639 said:
Love your box full of goodies! ;-) Wow. That's my kinda box too. I'd love to know more about them, if you have the time. The spess fits in nicely! Well done.
1st row left to right:tourmaline, spess, tourmaline
2nd row left to right: spinel, tourmaline, sapphire
3rd row left to right: emerald, spinel, tourmaline
4th row left to right: tourmaline, garnet, zircon
And the rest two rough are both tourmalines. I am a super fan of rainbow color of tourmalines :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you. :D Where did you find the emerald? That and the spinel next to it are :love:

eos512

Shiny_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1453819487|3981685 said:
Thank you. :D Where did you find the emerald? That and the spinel next to it are :love:
You are welcome.Well the pink spinel is from Tan's eBay store. And the emerald and the red spinel are from two different local dealer

S

SparkliesLuver

Ah, okay. Much appreciated! Very cool. I wish I lived someplace where I had local dealers like that. ;-) Maybe I need to explore more.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah :love: You have such an amazing collection! Stunning.

niter

Rough_Rock
This is one of my favorite threads on PS. You have a beautiful collection. I may have missed it but can you tell me more about your Emerald and your bicolor tourmaline?

Thanks!

eos512

Shiny_Rock
niter|1453917393|3982426 said:
This is one of my favorite threads on PS. You have a beautiful collection. I may have missed it but can you tell me more about your Emerald and your bicolor tourmaline?

Thanks!
Well as mentioned above, the blue-pink rough comes from the renowned cutter Jeff White. He said he had only seen these kind of rough once in his career. I have done a lot of homework searching lovely colored tourmalines, so I would sincerely agree with what he said. In some rare occasions I have seen dark blue to purplish red tourmaline from Brazil, but not this lovely blue. Although the pink end is a little bit pastel, but the blue end alone can stand as the best example of Afghan tourmalines. The reason I grap the rough instead of a facet is because the facet price is way beyond my budget. But Jeff was very kind and was willing to bring down the price if I took the rough. So I just took it. I was planning to send the rough to a local cutter. But now it seems to me that staying as a rough would be a better idea. Maybe in the future I will cut it myself if I learn how to facet:)
I can show you a couple of Jeff' picture about this rough. It is pretty accurate

_1656.jpeg

_1657.jpeg

eos512

Shiny_Rock
niter|1453917393|3982426 said:

Thanks!
And for the emerald, it comes from a local dealer. It is 2ct with a huge pavilion in order to save the weight I guess. And it is slightly oiled and not clean of course. The saturation is not well enough to define it as a good emerald. But I just couldn't resist the bluish green. And pricewise it is quite attempting. So I just took it. I forgot to mention that I am a super fan of green-blue color, so I have done a lot of homework searching and drooling over others' blue-green beauties. And this emerald just meet my expectations exactly.
I will post a picture shoot together with the zircon.

_1658.jpeg

niter

Rough_Rock
I love blues and greens as well and most likely would have made the same choice about your emerald too. It just is too pretty!

S

SparkliesLuver

eos, I had to follow up. :D :oops: Did you decide to have any of that rough cut??

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my goodness! So lovely! I'd love to see them arranged in rainbow order. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results