shape
carat
color
clarity

My radiant 3 stone ring is done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I promised that I''d post pictures of my finished ring, so here they are. It''s a 3 stone radiant RHR that I wanted to match the "feel" of my wedding ring. The style of setting I am drawn to is somewhat non-traditional so I thought you''d enjoy seeing some pics. The day is gloomy and overcast so I had to make due without any sunshine in my photos.

Here''s a picture of my new ring on my hand.

On my hand 4-1-06.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
In the box

In the box 4-1-06.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a picture with my wedding ring, so you get a chance to see how they both have a similar style and feel.

both  rings 4-1-06.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
another picture of both my rings

w my wedding ring 4-1-06.jpg

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love both of your rings, they''re just stunning!
36.gif
36.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Okay everyone, that''s it! Please excuse my wrinkly hands, I always hate how bad they look! I know my style of ring isn''t for everyone but I do love it. It''s very distinct and I like the look. These pictures make everything seem so exaggerated. In real life my hands and my rings take on more normal proportions!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliment XChick03. Another poster, Sundial, was a fan of my wedding ring so I posted pictures of my finished three ring here because she wanted to see the finished product. Thanks for looking.
9.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow that''s some serious bling spread across your finger.
It''s quite substantial.
Is it very heavy?
Those radiants are beautiful.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Sevens one:

No the ring does not feel heavy. It''s got "substance" to it. I do know that I''m wearing it. I like the feel of the weight of the gold. My wedding ring has a good feel to it too. It does not spin, but is very comfortable. It''s a 1.51 center and 1.03 and 1.02 sides. Center stone is H color and sides are J''s. It took us a long, long time to find three radiants that we liked.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
wow wee! That is a serious ring! Do you wear it often, I bet those stones blaze when the sun hits them. Congrats on your finished ring!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another hand shot. The pictures posted here make it look chunkier that it actually appears in real life.

Another Hand shot 4-1-06.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Matadora. Yes, they are really, really, REALLYsparklie!!! When you look at the ring, it''s basically diamond, diamond, diamond. The setting is kind of secondary. I wear it everyday. The stones in my 3 stone ring are actually set lower than my wedding ring and i know it looks heavy, but it''s very comfortable.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s gorgeous and so unique. it looks great and really does compliment your e-ring perfectly.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those radiants look fabulous in the pics! I bet that ring will be blinding when the sun comes out. You definitely achieved the look of being reminiscent of your ering style. Very nice! I thought the metal bars might be a bit big in the wax but with the spread of those radiants, you''re definitely overcome by diamond moreso than any metal!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning, striking ring! And lots and lots of bling-bling! It''s gorgeous and definitely does reflect the architectural style of your e-ring. Congrats!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you KristyDarling, FireGoddess and mrssalvo for your compliiments. Truthfully, I was a little nervous about posting pictures of the finished ring because I wasn''t sure what kind of reception it would get. I realize that it is very different from what you see posted here and it''s not a style that most people are drawn to. And in all honesty, when I wear the ring, all you see are sparkly diamonds, the setting really takes on a secondary role. Thanks to all of you for being so nice and for your complements. One thing we can all agree on is that we all LOVE our diamonds!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a great ring! Looks very well on your hand!!!
30.gif
Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is not really my style, but the diamonds sure are lovely!!! and wow look at that finger coverage! I love radiants....I''d love to own 3 in the future too...hehe.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!! I hope you enjoy it every second of every day.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suzy, that''s an eyecatcher for sure! Very unique and stylish - I would love to see some pics when the sun hits that baby!
30.gif
Congratulations!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely my kind of thing... so I am biased a bit
5.gif
What a beauty though! can't imagine anyone not liking it - regardless of their pleasure or displeasure with the design. It looks spectacular on your hand!
9.gif

Quick question: there is no color difference whatsoever between the center and sidestones in the pictures. I am surprised that these are not the same grade, although the different size of the stones should compensate. Can you see anything in person?
I hope you do not mind the question... I am asking because I have always thought that size and cut make a tremendous difference between the apparent 'face up' color of diamonds of the same paper grade. And the radiant cut makes some wonders in this regard. I don't get to see that many matched radiants (who does?)... and yours make just the right case.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
SanDiegoLady, Canuk-gal, Mara, Moon River, Lorelei and Valeria101- Thank you ladies for your comments SOOO much. I''m so happy that there are others out there that like my ring as much as I do. And Mara, I know the setting isn''t your cup of tea which is why I especially appreciate your kind words on my diamonds. The radiant cut diamond, one alone is so awsome, but putting three together side by side.... well it''s just blinding! That''s all you see.. diamond sparkles everywhere and the gallery side being open just gives me more sparklies to look at, especially when I''m driving.

Valeria101, I''m happy to answer your question. No offense taken by you asking at all, please ask about anything you want to know, I''m proud of my "triplets"!

You are right, the pictures don''t show any color difference between the H center and the J sides. I CANNOT see ANY difference of any kind and I''ve looked at my ring in pretty much every lighting condition and all three stones are (to my eye) exactly matched.

If you want to know the "specs" on the three stones, I can pull out my paperwork and post it. What I do know is that the "J''s" look terrific and I think the H is pretty much right on. I would have never guessed the sides were J''s until I looked at the cert. I have the pavillions totally exposed on the sides of my setting and I don''t see any color difference. Maybe I''m just not as sensitive to color as you experts are, but I really can''t tell the difference between the three stones. I do think that the cut on these is pretty good.

It''s hard to evaluate by the numbers only. My husband and I looked at so many radiants, they all just started to become a big blurr. Initially we had purchased three one carat "J" stones, but we returned one of them because we could see color through the pavillion AND especially in sunlight on one of the J''s. So when we went back to the broker we tried to match another third 1 carat "J", but were unsuccessful. We couldn''t find the right "squareness" and all the J''s just looked too yellowish. So poor hubby
9.gif
decided to go "up" to a 1.51 center
9.gif
and the H color matched my lowly "J''s" perfectly. All three looked spectacular together, so we decided these were our three babies! And that''s how the triplets came into being!

If you want I''ll pull the paperwork. I''ll also take some pictures in sunlight when the weather gets better if your interested. I feel like I''ve had my "15 seconds" of fame on this thread, so I don''t want to overstay my welcome.

You''ve all been so nice. Thank you.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow suzy, i never would have guessed they were diff color grades, they all look so blazingly white!!! awesome selections and yes we would love to see sunlight pictures of course!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think anyone would be able to tell they''re not ''identical''. So you have ''fraternal'' triplets. They still look alike.
9.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some close up pictures. I can''t see any color difference.

Pavilion side view 4-1-2006.jpg

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Suzy......oh, its just beautiful.. YUMMY!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Another close up.

close up 4-1-2006.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
So I don''t know if I have a really bad H and two really good Js or what, but all three look pretty darn good to me, and I just love all three diamonds together. I read many times here (as I''m a long time lurker) that color "whiteness" is a matter of preference. Who knows if I could afford all D''s or E''s if I would like them more. All I know is that these triplets are all mine and I love them no matter what the color grade is!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Suzy I am so glad you posted this ring! It is gorgeous and it compliments your other beautiful ring so well!!! I just love it and the diamonds all look amazingly well matched despite the color differences. Those radiants are phenomenal and you don''t see them in a three stone every day. And by the way your hands look just fine.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Suzy, it turned out so beautiful! I love how unique and modern the setting you designed is.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results