shape
carat
color
clarity

My Rachael Ray fake wedding! Pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies,

If you remember my story, my father paid in full for my wedding reception. He got a 30% discount if he paid in cash, which he did and everyone else did with this venue. The venue went bankrupt after Hurricane Ike, and we lost all of the money. We are still in court, but it doesn''t look like we will ever get anything back. This was back in September, and my heart still breaks when I think of it. Here''s my link from all of that in case you are bored: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-my-parents-lost-20k-on-my-wedding-reception.95774/ . Anyway, there were 50 other couples in my situation ranging from losing 3k to 27k. We lost 18k (originally thought it was 20k because I added wrong!). My poor father has paid (is paying) for another wedding for me. This one is just as big and almost as pretty, and we are very fortunate and grateful for my wedding that will still happen on July 25th.

Well different people in Houston emailed Rachael Ray and told her about it, and she threw all of the couples a wedding. We didn''t actually get married since we are Catholic and you cannot get married outside of the church and then have a church wedding. My church wedding was non negotiable, so we just joined in the celebration and watched 45 other couples tie the knot in a huge group ceremony. It was so much fun! She transformed our ballpark into a Winter Wonderland as she called it, and they aired the show in November. We couldn''t talk about it until it aired, and I never thought about posting pictures of it until today.

Rachael Ray was so gracious to do this for us. It turned out so beautiful and we had so much fun. We were able to invite 10 people. We invited all of our friends and no family bc we wanted to have the most fun possible! The food was AMAZING. Wine, champagne, steak, chicken. The DJ was great, and she had a mystery guest Winona Judd sing for us. We got a private photographer who followed our group around throughout the night and these are some of her pictures. At the end, we got a Flip video camera (which is super cool) and we got a "free" trip to Mexico that we ended up not taking. All in all, we got taxed out the wazzoo for this, so it ended up costing us even more, but it was a really fun evening we are thankful for.

Enjoy the pictures! These are NOT my wedding!!!! I will post pics of my real wedding when we get back from Greece in August.

Picture 001a.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Since I didn''t actually get married on the show, I got to pick out a dress from the special occasions collection from David''s Bridal (one of the companies that sponsored it). All of the girls that did get married got to choose any dress they wanted from David''s. We had a week to do all of this!

At our table...excuse the shadows!

Picture 008a.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Us with Rachael...she''s super short in real life. Her husband was there and he was tiny too! They could probably share clothes, they are both so small and skinny.

Picture 012a.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
laine - that is so cool! (is it costing you becuase of tax money on prizes? i hate things like that!!). At this there was a small way to make up what happened to you, and you had fun doing it! I look forward to more pictures! when does the show air?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
The show aired in November, but my friends have seen in on reruns. It''s called "Brides of Harris County" hee hee. They sent us an income tax form and it ended up cutting our refund by 800 dollars!

The pro pics aren''t loading...i''m trying to figure it out. In the meantime, here''s another. The place settings and flowers were so pretty!

Picture 011a.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Picture 039a.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Lanie, I still hate hearing about that whole situation. I''m glad you got to celebrate with some other girls and all your friends!! I never saw antyhing about this on the news??

PS: How did you Bridals go?!?!
31.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
We even got our own mini cake!

Picture 022a.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
This guy hung out with us during the reception. He was an emcee and we didn''t know he was kind of famous...he''s from Survivor. Super cutey!

Picture 036a.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Wait, you ended up having to pay $800 to attend?!? Ohh, how I love when celebrities get genereous.
11.gif
9.gif
Did you know you would be taxed before hand?

ETA: LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture below!!!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s see if this works...

RRweddings_0153a.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Oops...

And yes Meresal, we had to pay 800 for this. We had to sign tax forms, but we didn't think it would cost us this much. We would have had to pay $500 for our "free" vacation to Mexico, but we decided it wasn't worth it.

And on the off chance the producers are reading this, we really did appreciate it! I don't mean to make it sound like we didn't!!!

RRweddings_0160a.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
My friends.

RRweddings_0215a.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
The ballpark transformed into wedding reception

RRweddings_0052a.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
This one is my favorite except for my dress is about to go south.

RRweddings_0147a.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Last one! Thanks for looking!

And Mere, my bridals went really well! They were so much fun to do. I posted a few pics on the La Sposa Fanal thread that we have for all the girls that have my dress (a few days ago).

RRweddings_0169a.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how you have such a wonderful spirit! Despite everything that happened, you made the most of it. I remember reading about your ex-venue, and I''m glad you are able to have an alternate venue (poor dad though, I can'' believe how much money he is out).

Fabulous pictures, love your dress, love your hair flower...and most of all, love how radiant and happy you looked. You both make a lovely couple!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
This looks like so much fun! Its so awesome that you had the chance to do this. The decor looks amazing and I''m so jealous about the food. YUM-O! hahaha

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 11:52:29 AM
Author: goldenstar
This looks like so much fun! Its so awesome that you had the chance to do this. The decor looks amazing and I''m so jealous about the food. YUM-O! hahaha
Oh yeah! I forgot to add that part...the menu was prepared by Rachael herself. She didn''t actually cook it of course, but it was so good!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
That is nice that you got a celebration, and it was generous. Looks like a lot of fun too!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
That looked incredibly fun! Was your dad able to make it? Hopefully so, for all of your and his troubles around this. I also am glad you are able to celebrate despite the situation.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 9:33:01 AM
Author: Lanie
Let''s see if this works...

This pic is the best!!!,, Looks like you guys had a blast!!! Congratulations!!!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
THAT IS SO COOL! The pics are awesome! I remember your story about losing the money, I''m really glad you got to have your wedding still.

Taxes suck, I won a car a few years ago that I had to pay $3,750 in taxes for. Not bad for a ''free'' car but I was in college and had $0!!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I too remember your story. (I''m in Houston) I never heard our local media say a word about this, surely they knew.
So glad you had a fun time, but the taxes - well, are just a matter of life!
Thanks for sharing it all with us, I enjoyed your pics.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like great fun!! Love the mini cake!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
This was so amazing! Love the pictures!

BTW, I have always wanted to ask, where is the hair piece in your avatar from? I absolutely love it and haven''t found anything similar that I like. Thank you!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Lanie! How great! I''m so happy that something good/fun happened for you given the misfortune with regards to your venue. Glad you enjoyed it and had a great time!!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys!

Katamari: No, my parents couldn''t make it. They were in Italy at the time, so we just decided to have friends instead. They were appreciative and thought it was cool too! Incidentally, I wasn''t able to tell my father about it. I had my brother call him (they were overseas then at the time too!) because I couldn''t get up the courage to tell him he had lost so much.

Ilovesparkles: Thanks! I love it too! My hair flower was from a vendor on Ebay. It sold out and so I never got it. I just put "hair fascinator" in the search engine and it came up. My flower I''m using for my actual wedding is really similar. The one in my hair for these shots was from Target and super cheap but all I could find in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results