shape
carat
color
clarity

my proposal (update)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

samkongado

Rough_Rock
Yikes I've got like 4 threads now right near the top of the board. I swear I'll stop the monopoly soon!

Ok, so... here's how it all went down (I already have a description of my original plan on the thread "my proposal thursday"). I had everything set up in the apartment ahead of time (but hidden away because I knew she'd be coming home first and I didn't want her to know she'd end up getting proposed to in the apartment!). Candles hidden under the bed, rose petals stashed away in the cupboard, all my props set up around town. I had called her at 4 and told her to call me when she was driving home because I was hungry for pizza- she thought we were going on a pizza date last night. I know she was getting out of work at 5, and at 5:20 I still hadn't heard from her, and was getting a little worried because if she got held up too long at work, sunlight might become a factor. Well, then her car pulled up and I breathed a sigh of relief (and heartrate increased tenfold). All this time I was hiding just down the way spying on her.

So she walks up to the door and a single red rose is on the doorstep. Inside I had my mp3 player and it told her to play it. The messages told her she was going on a quest and to get ready. I told her she has STRICTLY 5 minutes, not a second more, to get ready (I didn't want her dilly-dallying). Well, TWENTY-FIVE minutes later she emerges out of the apartment and heads to her first location. I was worried maybe she didn't know how to play the message, or just ignored it, or something like that. But she came through, and went to the b-ball courts where I had hidden a puzzle with answers about our relationship. She had to call my friend to get the answer key- she later told me that she was super nervous to call him and tried to play it cool. I was able to sneak around the court and get a quick glimpse of her completing her puzzle!

So then she was off to a friend's house for the next clue. This was when my action started. I ran like a madman inside the house to get the hundreds of candles set up, sheets put up on the windows to make it darker, rose petals strewn across the apartment, etc. I was wearing my suit so I started sweating bullets! The hard part was I really didn't know how much time I had and my nightmare was that she would walk in while I was still setting up! Luckily that didn't happen.

Anyway, she went to my friend's house where a note was there for her to listen again to another track on the mp3 player. I put my message two minutes into the track in between some music to throw her off and ensure she didn't cheat ahead of time and listen to all the tracks on the mp3 player to get clues. That message told her to drive to an outdoors location where I had hidden a package for her. She drove there, and I had left her a photo album with about 100 photos from our relationship. Also, in order to find the album she had to listen to yet ANOTHER track on the mp3 player, which was a song I had written for her and had a lot of significance. She absolutely LOVED the album, and said she was crying when she looked through it. She was super paranoid somebody was watching her at this point because she was really emotional. The clue was for her to return home.

At home, she ran into the room where I had the whole shebang ready to go. She ran up and almost wouldn't let me do my thing, she tried to hug me and kiss me before I said a single word! So I stopped her, gave my little speech, and asked her to marry me. She wouldn't even let me put on the ring before she grabbed me and hugged and kissed me!

And the great news... I was able to film the whole thing on my digital camera! It's a little grainy and a little dark but it's awesome that we have it because she didn't remember a single word I said to her. LUCKILY, she had ALMOST taken the camera with her on her trek, she actually had it in her purse, but then she decided not too at the very last second because my STRICT INSTRUCTIONS gave her a list of items she was supposed to take, and the camera was not one of them. She thought it might be nice to have the camera with her, but I'm so glad she didn't!

She loves the ring too! We didn't get many good photos yet because we want to get natural light- diamonds dont' look as good with a flash. I'll probably post those tonight or tomorrow.

We had a beautiful romantic dinner at a fancy restaurant and brought with us a bottle of wine I special ordered from our old favorite winery back in California. The wine is EROS which is fitting since EROS is the God of love.

And that's my story! Hope you enjoyed it, and thank you all SO much for all the support and suggestions and comments along the way. I promise I will get photos up soon. Now back to work...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww! Congratulations! I''m so glad everything worked out!!! Now, pics please!!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!! I''m so glad everything went well!! You did great!!

I can''t wait to see ring pics!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! It sounds like it worked out perfectly!!!! Thanks for not forgetting about us after the fact!
2.gif
Now come back with pictures pleeeeeeease!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, it sounds awesome. Congratulations and best wishes to you both!!!! Don''t forget the pics!!!
36.gif
35.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
wow!! what a great story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It''s so awesome you captured the whole thing in your camera! did you also take pictures of her in the baseball field?

I bet you she''s not thinking about her mean co-worker now!
31.gif

Congrats to you both!!!!
30.gif

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! What a neat idea...
You put a lot of thought into that, and it really shows. She must be very happy, and you should be very proud!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Awww Sam, how sweet you are! You really did good on that proposal! Congratulations on it all going smoothly, and congratulations on being engaged to be married
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww - how sweet and perfect! Congratulations!
36.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Awww congrats. You put alot of thought into your plan and I''m glad it all worked out in the end like you hoped it would! Very sweet! Can''t wait to see those hand shots.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
COngratulations!! It was suxh a fun AND sweet, romantic proposal -- you did great!! Can''t wait to see hand shots :)
36.gif

jen

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
You''re a sweetheart.
2.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
39.gif
Brought tears to my eyes!
36.gif
36.gif

samkongado

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words! Don''t worry I haven''t forgotten about the hand shots, but I''m waiting for a nice sunny day so we can get some real sparkling. It''s been cloudy and overcast for days now. Soon though, soon!

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
My heart was thumping just reading about it! Great proposal!! Best wishes for a happy life together!
36.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
where are those pictures!!??
9.gif

wake2wake

Rough_Rock
Hey samkongado-

Congrats on the proposal!

After having done a treasure hunt style prposal, do you have any thoughts on the idea? I am using a easter egg treasure hunt for a proposal in a little over a week, and am curious about things you thought worked well and things that didn''t. Thanks!

-w2w

samkongado

Rough_Rock
Good luck with the treasure hunt Wake2Wake! Here''s some tips for a successful treasure hunt based on my experience:

- don''t make it TOO long or she could end up gettting frustrated and annoyed. My fiance took a total of about an hour and a half (although she delayed things quite a bit and it was supposed to be closer to 45 min/1 hour).

-make sure clues or hints are not difficult to answer because really it''s supposed to be a fun thing, not an intense challenge

- be creative. girls love that stuff

- Her favorite part of the treasure hunt was the photo album I made for her. I took about 100 photos of us from our 5 years together and made an album with captions for each picutre. I hid it in a secret location she had to find. anyway, she absolutely loved it, and has shown all her friends and they all love it too and say I''m the sweetest guy, yada yada... maybe you could do something similar.

If you need any other tips just let me know!

Also I STILL need to post hand shots but the weather has been crummy for quite some time and I really want some good outside handshots where the diamond can sparkle. I PROMISE I''ll get them up as soon as I can.
1.gif

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
congratulations....so sweet and thoughtful. I''m glad she went through all the steps. congrats again!!!!

wake2wake

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 5:31:42 PM
Author: samkongado
Good luck with the treasure hunt Wake2Wake! Here''s some tips for a successful treasure hunt based on my experience:

- don''t make it TOO long or she could end up gettting frustrated and annoyed. My fiance took a total of about an hour and a half (although she delayed things quite a bit and it was supposed to be closer to 45 min/1 hour).

-make sure clues or hints are not difficult to answer because really it''s supposed to be a fun thing, not an intense challenge

- be creative. girls love that stuff

- Her favorite part of the treasure hunt was the photo album I made for her. I took about 100 photos of us from our 5 years together and made an album with captions for each picutre. I hid it in a secret location she had to find. anyway, she absolutely loved it, and has shown all her friends and they all love it too and say I''m the sweetest guy, yada yada... maybe you could do something similar.

If you need any other tips just let me know!

Also I STILL need to post hand shots but the weather has been crummy for quite some time and I really want some good outside handshots where the diamond can sparkle. I PROMISE I''ll get them up as soon as I can.
1.gif
Thanks for the advice on the hunt.. I found it funny when I found this thread because my plan was so similar that it was like deja vu to see this. Based on what you''ve said, mine may be a little too long - I figure it will be about 2 hours total including driving. All of the stops are locations that have to do with things we have done during our time together. There will be 12 stops total (partially because I am disguising it as an ''Easter egg'' hunt).

I did make the clues deliberately easy, thinking that it would be fun that she was revisiting some of these places, rather than trying to figure out where to go next. At each stop is a memento that represents the stop (i.e. Comedy/drama masks to represent the plays we''ve seen) along with the clue to the next stop

As to the photo album....Its great to hear that she LOVED it. My finale is similar - except that it is a scrapbook that I have made, along with the proposal on the 2nd to last page and the last page is just empty
2.gif

Thanks again for the advice...its good to hear it from someone who already pulled off a plan that is so similar to what I have planned already
1.gif

samkongado

Rough_Rock
I would be careful about having 12 stops. I only had 4 stops and like I said, it took about an hour and a half (twice as long as I anticipated). If she takes twice as long as you anticipate that would be 4 hours!!! Even two hours is a lot, and even though I''m sure they''re great places that you''re sending her to, the ladies start to get pretty anxious, and that''s a lot of time for them to think "where the HELL is he already?!?!?" I''d say try and cut down the amount of stops to closer to 6-8, and I think she''ll appreciate that a little more. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Guaranteed she loves the scrapbook!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results