shape
carat
color
clarity

my proposal (thursday!)- any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

samkongado

Rough_Rock
Well it''s almost D-Day! Jeez it feels like it''s been a long process, I''ve spent quite a fair amount of time on these message boards I feel like I know a lot of people pretty well by now (just from having read your posts). So now it''s time to pop that final question and I wanted to run my proposal idea by everyone and see if you have any suggestions, comments, ideas, etc...

My gf will be coming home from work in the late afternoon, and I will have a single rose laying at the front door. There will be rose petals leading in from the hallway for a bit, leading her to my mp3 player laying on the ground and a note telling her to press play. I will have recorded a message for her about going on a "quest" to find treasure, etc. I will instruct her to walk to the basketball courts of our complex where I have hidden another message underneath the bleachers. This will contain a "puzzle" for her to complete with questions and answers relating to our relationship. In order to de-code the puzzle she will need to call a "mystery" phone number (a friend of mine) to get the answer key.

The message will tell her to drive to another friend''s house and go to their front door. There will be a sign on that door telling her to listen to track # ___ on the mp3 player which will have another message. That message will tell her to drive to another closeby neighborhood and gives her specific instructions on how to find a box that I will have hidden. Inside the box will be printed out lyrics to a song that I wrote for her (which she has heard before but probably didn''t know it was about her), all the meanwhile I will have that same song playing on the mp3 player as she''s walking to find the box. Inside the box along with the lyrics will be a small photo album, and I have assembled a collection of about 100 photos of us over our 5 years together. The last page will be a note for her to go home to the apartment.

Once she enters the apartment, there will be another trail of rose petals leading to our bedroom. I will have tons of candles and rose petals all over, and I will do my "thing" from there. I have special ordered our favorite bottle of wine from a local winery where we used to live, and am making reservations at a nice restaurant to celebrate.

And that''s about it. Of course there is a little more detail to each step than I have actually described, but that''s the gist of it. So what do you think? Any other recomendations or ways to make it better?

Thanks a lot!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow....you''re really gonna make her work for that proposal, huh?
2.gif
Will she "catch on" that a proposal is coming as soon as she sees the rose and petals? My guess is that she will...and if you''re OK with that, then this is a nice plan! Very detailed and well thought-out...very sweet of you!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep us posted on how it goes!!!

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I wouldn''t make her "work" so hard..what if the weather is bad? I do love the album idea...that alone will bring tears to her eyes. The rose petal and candle idea is so romantic! I think it''s wonderful you gave this so much thought...that is sure to score MAJOR points for a very long time!! Congratulations!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

I really love your idea!! The only thing I''d change would be taking off a stop or two. It''s fun, but you wouldn''t want her to become frustrated because there are so many stops!!

28.gif

I want to congratulate you for making so much efforts to make your lady happy in such a short time. I may have judged you a little harshly when you posted about your situation in the LIW forum (and for that I apologize), but now that I''ve seen how quickly you''ve made a decision and bought her this wonderful ring, I see that you really love this woman and never meant to make her unhappy.

Congratulations!! And my best wishes to you both!
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kudos to you for putting so much thought and effort into your proposal idea. The only thing I would change as other''s have suggested is to limit the stops. Make it shorter for her. But all in all I think it sounds super romantic and I give you an A+.
1.gif
Make sure you come back with hand pics, that''s a must you know. Good luck!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I actually do love all the stops!.....it would just build up the actual proposal!, but that''s just me...I love suspense, I love suprises, I love thoughtfulness and I love games
37.gif

I guess you know her best so I''m sure she''ll love whatever you do!...

Come back with pictures!!!

M~
36.gif

Patchee

Shiny_Rock
I''d be enhusted running all over the place just to end up home again
21.gif
BUT, it will be SO worth it! Hopefully she does not have to stop for gas on her way!
11.gif

Congrats! We want to hear about it tomorrow! I am nervous for you, well you know, very excited and all...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
It''s awesome!!

lilmaria

Shiny_Rock
that''s what i call an ideal proposal - thought, effort, intrigue, romance...good luck and get on the way w/hand pics!

samkongado

Rough_Rock
I''ll tell ya I''m pretty exhausted just trying to arrange everything!! Luckily I have a very flexible job without a boss looking over my shoulder, so I''ve been able to run around town to do all the prep work. I''d never be able to get this stuff done with a regular 8-5 job without my gf getting suspicious!

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions! I am unsure whether the "treasure hunt" is too long, it''s not really, but the shear anxiety she might be feeling might make it seem that way. Oh well, at this point I have already recorded all the audio and can''t go back, so what''s done is done. It''s not like I have her driving all over town to tons of places. Really, the drives will be no more than 5 minutes each. That''s not so bad!

Ok then, I''ll make sure to post hand shots and give updates on Friday after everything is said and done. Wish me luck!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, bless your heart!!! Good luck!! I can''t wait to hear all about it. She will be thrilled and will love all the effort you have put into this proposal. It will be awesome!!!!
36.gif
35.gif
Lisa
1.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
It will be great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!!!
36.gif
36.gif

and have that camera ready to go!

samkongado

Rough_Rock
Getting nervous!!!
41.gif
40.gif

Things are pretty much set up- the only thing that could derail everything is if she decides to come home early from work (which hardly ever happens but potentially COULD).

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
Hang in there!!! Nerves are only to be expected. I''m glad that you decided to go through with your plans today despite her hard day at work yesterday --- that will surely be a distant memory after tonight!!!

Good luck and have a wonderful evening!!! Of course, you know that the sharks will be circling tomorrow awaiting the details and the hand shots!!! Cheers to you both!!!

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Looking forward to hearing all about it!!!
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How''d it go? Can''t wait to hear all about it! We want all the details!

samkongado

Rough_Rock
Can''t post much now- but it happened! Everything was great! I''ll post details and pics tomorrow!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING A FIANCE!!!!! Best wishes to you both!

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Sam, congratulations.
36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
YAYYYY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Can''t wait to hear the details and see the pics!!!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results