shape
carat
color
clarity

My Proposal Plan: Any pitfalls or other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SureShoe

Rough_Rock
Gf and I have been discussing rings and receptions and houses on and off. I''m a financially minded guy, and I wanted to have some idea of the finances... so I''ve probably hosed the surprise aspect slightly. I was planning on doing it this weekend, but I won''t have my ring until next weekend.

I wanted to do a surprise weekend vacation, but her work schedule doesn''t permit it. So, I''m doing it on a Sunday afternoon with us having the rest of the day and Monday morning off.

There is an upscale jeweler we were considering. They are closed on Sunday. But, I''m going to tell a fib and say I called a different branch and they indicated they were open on Sunday. The other branch is 40 miles away, but it happens to be VERY close to where we had our first date. My favorite restraurant (not same as first date) is up there as well, so I''ll sell the trip up there as "We can look at rings, and I really want to go to my favorite restraurant." She''s a sweety, and she''ll humor my rare selfishness :)

So... we''ll get up there and we''ll see the jeweler is closed. I''ll act mad and say "let''s at least hit the mall and look around". Whatever - play it by ear.

When it''s time to eat, I''ll "remember" that our first date restraurant is up here and say, "let''s go there since I screwed the day up."

I''m planning on contacting the place early next week to make arrangements. I''m going to have them sit us at the table we sat at on our first date. And, I''m going to plant a small, battery-powered CD boom box.

4-6 months ago, I gave my girlfriend one of those cards you open and it plays a song. that''s her fave card I''ve given her.
In the boom box, I''m going to have a CD with that song.

The boom box will be concealed under the table. Once we sit down and settle in, I''m going to act like I kicked it and just noticed it. I''ll play dumb. She''ll think I''m just a goof - it''s my personality.

I''ll then pick up the boom box and go through the whole "what the heck is this" routine.

I''ll press play and the song will kick in. I''ll then act a bit dumbfounded and say, "that''s weird... this is that same song... and odd... this is the first place we ate together... I think this is the same table..."

I''ll then slip into a quick, heartfelt description of how much she means to me and so-forth. I''ll then hit the knee and pop out the ring.

There are some elements of risk here, but I think the pay-off is worth it. It combines my quirky sense of humor with some touching elements.

Do you see any pitfalls? Or, have any other clever ideas to dress it up?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what if you go ring shopping and she finds something that she totally falls in love with? women are so fickle..

SureShoe

Rough_Rock
Haha, great question :) I actually thought of that one!
That''s why I''m taking her to a closed jeweler. She''ll be a tad bummed out, but then we''ll get lunch and hopefully seal that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results