shape
carat
color
clarity

My Proposal Ideas - Opinions Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock
Alright, I have the ring now all I have to do is pop the question. I am thinking of doing it this month, possibly on our anniversary but giving that a second thought as it may be too predictable. I am thinking of setting the scenario at my house, as I know she would prefer something more private and romantic, than public. Here is how I plan on starting things...

Purchase a few dozen roses of her favorite colour, rose pedals and candles and set the scenario of a nice romantic dinner. When she arrives at my front door I plan on leaving a trail of rose pedals, leading to the room i have arranged everything. I will have dinner ready, made up of her favorite foods. And of course some nice dinner music to enhance the mood.

After dinner >>> She looooves Kinder Eggs (the ones with the prize on the inside). So after dinner and perhaps some coffee I will bring out this egg for her. She is always excited about the prizes so will immediately want to open it up. I will, of course, have placed my own "surprise" on the inside....

This is where I have set up a few options of what I am thinking of doing. Please tell me what you think would be the best and most romantic way...

1) Direct: She will open the kinder egg and then go right for the prize. Once opening the prize she will find a
ring box inside. Inside the ring box will be her ring, where I will get down on one knee and propose.

2) The Twist: She will open the kinder egg and then go right for the prize. Once opening the prize she
will find a ring box inside. Inside the ring box will be a decoy ring, something set in silver
with a huge stone or something novelty. She well think at this point that I am just fooling
around as usual. Inside the ring I will have a peice of pape rolled up saying "Will you...dance
with me"?. i will then take her hand and play some of her favorite love songs (with my cool
disco light effect globe shooting colors all across the room as well, yeah baby!) After the song I will......

(a) Get down on one knee and take the real ringbox out of my pocket and propose.

(b) Direct her to sit down. i will then bring into the room a gift box and tell her it's
her anniversary gift. Inside the box will be a cinderella music box. It basically has the scene
of cinderella and the prince dancing outside. I will twist the music switch and open the box.
I will have placed the ring over top of cinderalla and the prince an they spin and dance.
On the inside of the top lid of the box I will place a special note asking if she will marry me.

3) Inside the kinder egg I will place one of those sentimental things you can buy at Hallmark. I found a red satin treasure chest box with a glass rose inside and special message to accompany. On the bottom of the satin cushion where the glass rose is, i will have her ring.

Well.....that's what I have for now. What do you think???
1.gif

Layne

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the direct approach. Also, it has fewer things that could not go according to plan.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Your whole scenario sounds very nice. The dancing idea is fabulous, but not the teaser ring inside the kinder surprise. This is a potential mood spoiler if she has been waiting for a while for you to propose. Just ask her to dance to her favourite love songs, as you suggest, and then proceed with option a, or guide her to a chair, whichever feels better at the time. Don''t leave the room for a gift box - you''ve got the whole romantic mood thing going on so keep it there without interruption.

Mr.Romantic

Rough_Rock
Thanks very much for the feedback so far. Please keep them coming or add any recommendations...very much appreciated!
1.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the direct approach. Less to go wrong. A big NO vote on the teaser ring idea. Not only might it kill the mood, it ruins the surprise. I'm the teaser type too, but after asking coworkers and friends about proposals and reading stories, it's clear that you want to keep it simple cuz all sorts of weird things pop up that can ruin your plan.

I had a simple plan that still nearly got ruined b/c of a freak incident. Plan was to take her to this turnout that overlooks teh city and stop the car, get out, and propose during sunset. Screwup #1) she comes home unexpectedly late meaning we'll be cutting it close in terms of time. Screwup #2) Abnormal traffic AND I got lost (sunset passed). Screwup #3) Place is this tiny turnout that only holds like 5 cars. Place shuts down at sunset. My silver lining (I thought) meant that while I missed sunset, at least it'll be private. Nope. I get there, and start my speech. About 5 words in, 4 other cars show up, all packed with people and they jump out talking loudly, taking pics, etc. So, I had to scramble and stall waiting for a chance to find a secluded area and cut short my speech and play it off and then try and start it again later. Luckily, I thought something bad might happen so I didn't have a set speech, just an outline of topics I wanted to cover in my head and I was able to do it.

So, long story short, keep it simple and flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results