shape
carat
color
clarity

my proposal idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

junyah88

Rough_Rock
On the day of Christmas, my family and my girlfriend's family are going to have one big dinner to celebrate the occasion. We plan on having a great big feast, singing some songs, and opening gifts later in the evening. So this is how my proposal idea goes. While my family is busy cooking for the dinner, I'll be preparing all the last minute things I need to do. Since I want the occasion to be shared by my family as well as hers, I'm in the process of coordinating everything with both sides. The reason I'm doing this is because her family and mines have really helped us and we've all shared a lot of special memories. My family and her family each sending us on trips together and even doing the simplest things, even if they were short on time. So I feel it would be only right for them to help us share the occasion. Well continuing on, I plan on setting up the living room for the big day. Since the living room and dining room is seperated by a sliding door and curtains, that will help me in concealing my plan. We can just close it off for the whole day. In the living room, I plan on placing pictures of me and my girlfriend on the walls showing up places we've been to, things we've done, etc all starting on the left side of the room, then to the back wall, and then to the right side. Basically I will be creating some sort of a time line from the day when we first meet, our first date, our first kiss, etc all up to today. The picture for day will be an empty frame with a question mark placed as the last timeline mark. On the floor I plan on scattering red rose petals all over while on the table in the middle, I plan on creating a vase full of sunflowers, daisies, and tulips since she loves thesd flowers so much. I also plan on creating several candle arrangements such as the follownig below and place it in areas around the room. I will also be placing single red and white candles in other areas for better illumination. However, the candle arrangements will be in areas which will automatically catch her appeal when she enters the room. http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/Longmans/customerimages/products/t_88061RE.jpg In the background I will be placing our first song on repeat so she can hear it the whole time when she's in there. Our first song is 'once in a lifetime' by this filipino group called freestyle (we're both filipino and we both like the group). Well on to the day's events after dinner has arrived both of our families are probably head to the family room and snig christmas songs. My sister and I can play the piano, but I've already asked her to play for us that date. The last song played, though, will be by me and it will be a dedication to my girl and I will also be singing to her at the same time. Just so that she doesn't catch the hint, I will have to find a christmas song about love between two people. So if anyone has suggestions, please be free to tell me. Well after the singing part is over, we're all gonna gather again and open presents. I plan on letting everyone pass their gifts first and I'll just wait on the side. When everything is done, I'll tell my girl that her present is last and I need her to follow me. I will blindfold her and lead her to the living room door where at the same time I will be telling her about our life's journeys and how much she has meant to me. All the while our families will be waiting patiently behind me with their video cameras to record the occasion. Before the door is open, I will make her go through a test before she gets the gift. I will let her take a smell from the first perfume i bought her (escada), let her taste a strawberry dipped in chocolate (first dessert i ever fed her), and let her squeeze this doll (sad sam doll that says i love you- the brown and white puppy)...when all those are done i will lead her into the room and tell her to remove the blindfold where i will ask her to look to her left...eventually she will look through the timeline and she everything ive done in the room...on the table where the flower vase is will be an empty box and i will tell her to open it...she will open it feeling disappointed, but i will explain to her the importance of the box being empty...that the emptiness reflects how i was feeling before i met her and that as the future progresses i'd like to fill up the box with memories of us together....at the same time im doing this i will be putting in little cards full of notes that we made for each other...after that is done, i will drop on one knee and propose to her....

any rooms for improvement?

im also thinking of doing a beach proposal with a ring in a lantern box floating on the water...if anyone wants to hear of that proposal, let me know....im deciding on the two at this moment..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results