shape
carat
color
clarity

My proposal Idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jrdenver

Rough_Rock

Good evening -

I am looking for feedback on my (hopefully not cheesy) proposal idea. My GF and I have been together for 14 months, but I have known for the last 6 months that she was the one. I am in my mid 30s, so I have done my share of figuring out what I want, and she is 100% it - period. I have been stressing for the last month to get my ring situation figured out, and finally got it done this past Monday. Now I have the ring & am going nuts "waiting" until this weekend =p

She and I are outdoorsy folks, and do a lot of camping, hiking, traveling, etc. She hasn''t been to Garden of the Gods here in Colorado Springs, so I made reservations for the weekend at a small B&B at the base of Pikes Peak. It is about 3 miles from Garden of the Gods along with a lot of other neat things/places.

Either tomorrow night (depending on when we get down there) or Saturday, we are going to go for a hike. We typically walk for 20-30 minutes and then take short water/snack/talking breaks. I am going to coordinate the "break" so it finds us at a scenic spot. Since we both love outdoor beauty, I am going to start by commenting about how amazing GotG is, and how much history & time it took for it to be what it is today. This is my segue into asking her if she and I can make our own history together, where I will drop to one knee and give her this...

Too cheesy?

bepjr042309rig.jpg

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
No! I think it''s a great idea! Very sweet. Beautiful ring by the way.
2.gif

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
Awwwww...thats really cute and not at all cheesy!! LOVE that ring! It reminds me of a flower
1.gif

Good luck and definitely come back with ring shots!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds excellent! I LOVE GotG; it''s terribly beautiful. I''m sure she''ll love it. Great plan and good luck

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
OK, JR...lemme tell ya straight up...

When it comes to a man declaring his love for his woman, there is NOTHING "too cheesy or corny"...we L-O-V-E that!
9.gif

Got any champagne in that backpack of yours?

You''re gonna need it for when she says "YES"!

*Climb Every Mountain!* (great - now I''ve got the Sound of Music theme stuck in my head
9.gif
)

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think that is a beautiful way, especially since it is dooing something that you both love. You can always come back to that spot for you anniversary every year too!

The ring is gorgeous as well!

queenkaren

Rough_Rock
Not cheesy at all, very cute in fact.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
That''s so sweet!! Good luck, and let us know!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwww! Not cheesy, but an awesome memory! I agree - can you fit one of those mini bottles of champagne in that pack of yours??? lol

Good luck!
BTW the ring is very interesting, unique and beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results