shape
carat
color
clarity

My Proposal Idea - Suggestions/Modifications Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amiller

Rough_Rock
So here's my idea that's already been set in motion:

I live in CA, she lives in PA. We're both students and see each other every 5 weeks. I went out this xmas and gave her her normal assorements of gifts, but also gave her 2 tickets to go see "Volontà lo sposate - An Italian Comedy" in San Jose when she comes out here at the end of January.

At the same time, I also asked her parents for permission to marry her. I also asked if they'd like to join us and my parents for dinner in San Francisco as well as the a wine tour of Napa the next day as a surprise after I propose.

My plan is: she arrives, the next day we get dressed up to go see the "play" and on the way there we stop at a spot along side the road that has some special meaning to us and I propose. I also tell here that there is no play ("volontà lo sposate" means "Will you marry me" as per google's Italian translator, and I used to be a graphic designer and made up some pretty believable tickets) but we do have a special, intimate dinner planned. We show up at dinner and the whole family is there. We go to Napa the next day and the day after that my friends have an engagement party planned for us.

I realize I have put the cart before the horse a bit (she has to say yes!), but I'm not too worried as we've talked about it quite a bit. Her comment at New Year's was, "you know what would go well with this outfit? A ring."

Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks,
Alan

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it sounds great! I love the part with the tickets meaning Will you marry me..

Two qustions/comments:

-You mention 'a spot on the side of the road that has meaning'. I'm assuming you aren't meaning pulling over on Hwy 101 or something right? (I live in the Bayarea too).

2) One other thing that pops into my head is..are you both very close to your families and have they met before? The reason I ask is because there sometimes can be tension on the families first meeting and/or if the people do not know each other well enough. I don't know if I'd want my family to meet my boyfriend's family the night we get engaged..I'd want it to be all about the two of us and our excitement. We are both close to our families btw but they have not met as my family is here in CA and his is in the East Coast as well. But that is just me..and if your families have met before and are fine..and/or you are both really close to your families, it could be fine.

Other than that..everything sounds pretty romantic. I love the Napa day too!

amiller

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback..In response to your questions...

1) Basically it is an exit on the side of 280 that we pulled over once and had a 5 hour conversation. Don't worry, it's not like I pulled the car and went to the bathroom there.

2) It will be the first time they meet and they will also have to sit at the dinner table, alone, before we get there. That was a big concern for me and could potentially be a problem, but both our families are easy-going and looking forward to meeting the other. My plan is to give the waiter at the restaurant 4 letters, and each will have a short bio of the other family. That should give them soe conversation until we get there. Until after that, we're on our own throughout the dinner and at Napa. They would would either meet now or at the wedding, and I would prefer to have it sooner than later.

Thanks for the input...Please let me know if you ahve any more suggestions..

Alan

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
So that was YOU parked on the side of 280. :) Just kidding. 280 is great, there are tons of little romantic spots along there. We love to drive up from Santa Clara (where we live) along 280 to Half Moon Bay for dinner, we had our first date at a restaurant in HMB. :love:

Sounds like you have thought of everything, I am sure everything will go over GREAT. Congrats and best of luck! :)

Hboy

Rough_Rock
I'm reading (stealing
naughty.gif
jk) good perposal ideas...
I like the tickets thing... very clever!

Cant use it though, she knows more Italian than I do... Maybe French or sumthing....

Sounds good man!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results