shape
carat
color
clarity

My Proposal :D

Mailin

Rough_Rock
In hindsight, I had way too many variables that ended up causing severe delays.

It took me a while to propose due to my soon to be father in law. I sent him a hand written letter asking for his & wife's blessing and was awaiting his reply. Little did I know he was out of the country for an extended period of time for work. I then had planned to propose on a Thursday when my Fiance got called into work into the Boston office, putting it on hold again.

My fiance and I had an ongoing "bet" for many years that if she could beat me 3 games in a row, that I will then propose to her. I made a date with her and picked up my niece and nephew (they were invited to cover up my true intentions), and we played our normal 5-7 games a piece. She didn't happen to notice that my 200+ average was now down to the low 100's and she didn't notice she had "beaten" me 3 times.

After dropping off the kids and driving home, I was going to take her to our few hundred acre meadow with a handheld spot light and allow her to shine down the meadow discovering a message written in the snow. She on the other hand had other plans, and that involved her not wanting to go out in the -10 degree weather in the middle of the snowy night.

So my proposal got delayed some more.

Morning after, I suggested we should go snowshoeing with the dog out in the meadow. By this time, anything and everything was blanketed in fresh snow. So as we walked the meadow I took her down to the river side, and asked for a family picture with the dog. I built up a small mound of snow to place my phone for the photo, but instead had it set to record.

As she rounded up the dog for the picture on the snow riverside, I had the letter I had written to her father, his reply, and a box ready for presentation. She walked over to me for the "picture" and I got down on one knee. I presented her the letters to read over, and then presented her the ring.

She immediately said yes, and couldn't wait to put the ring on.

Even knowing the proposal wasn't exactly as I had planned, took 2-3 months, I wouldn't change it for the world. It is one of those stories I can now tell, blaming her for unknowingly thwarting my plans.

1jx1bh.gif
IMG_0621.JPG

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!! Glad it all worked out. Many congratulations and the ring is gorgeous!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, congratulations!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congratulations on your engagement!

Inert

Rough_Rock
Love that ring! And the gif!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring, congratulations!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring :love: and congratulations on your engagement.:appl:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I loooove that sapphire!! Congratulations!! And good job!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All good things come to those who wait! :))

That ring is lovely as well, do start a thread for it! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results