shape
carat
color
clarity

My Promise Ring!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
I am on cloud nine right now and wanted to share with you my Promise Ring!

My SO and I have been talking about marriage for quite some time now. We've been dating for a year, but have been friends for close to a decade. We had both gone through difficult breakups in the past and supported one another. Then we found ourselves both single at the same time last year and fell in love with one another very naturally. In some ways we probably always loved each other. I know there has always been mutual admiration.

Because of financial difficulties on his side he's been wary about officially popping the question and getting THE Ring. I told him a few months ago that I didn't have to have a super expensive engagement ring. Sort of a hint, etc... :) but didn't push things.

Anyhow, we had a date this past weekend and during dinner he seemed a little frustrated. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he had ordered a "special gift" and he was upset that it wasn't here in time to give to me. Then he spilled his guts and told me that he bought the American Pearl Ionic ring that I mentioned liking. He said it felt "right" to get me a ring since I moved in with him recently. He wanted me to present it to me that night. I was already happy about this and assured him that I didn't have to have it right then and there.

Well, this morning FexEx guy knocks on our door. it was my ring! We opened the packaging in our pajamas together before work. He slipped it on my finger and it fits PERFECTLY! He said he wanted me to feel assured that we would get married and that he would now work on paying off his debt. After that, he'd save up for my dream ring. We shared words of love and I'm still loopy from the wonderful morning.

Course, not too loopy to not take pictures!

Specs:
Size 4 band
18k Yellow Gold
7mm Rose overtone cream pearl
3 1pt diamonds. G color SI1

pearl1.jpg

pearl2.jpg

pearl5.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so sweet!

It's beautiful too!

He sounds like he loves you dearly and I'm very happy for you guys! Congrats on your promise for 2 more rings (an engagement ring and wedding band)!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much Vintage Lover! I do feel loved. I keep looking at the ring on my hand, smiling and feeling very blessed to have this man in my life.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Briolette!

It's a Gorgeous pearl :love: Make sure you're very gentle with it - pearls are so soft!

You have a really special man in your life. I'm glad he gave you such a beautiful symbol of his commitment.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Thank you HopeDream!
Yes, I know it's not the most ideal stone for everyday wear and I definitely need to remember to take it off before doing dishes or going into the shower. I've always loved pearls though, so it goes with a lot of my other jewelery.

We're thinking of going with something purple for the actual engagement ring. Maybe a purple spinel or sapphire. If money is tight a well cut amethyst will do!

It's fun to think about engagement rings, but for now I'm really enjoying this one.

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, Briolette! That is a gorgeous ring and a beautiful story! How touching!!!! You guys sound like you have an amazing relationship!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
That is too cute.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sweet, and what a lovely ring!

Pearl rings are so elegant and timeless - I can easily see that becoming an heirloom piece :love:

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Wow- what a beautiful ring and beautiful story! Congrats!!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Thank you thank you. :)
Yeah, he's still embarrassed that it wasn't during a romantic dinner, but I reassured him that opening the package together still in our pajamas will always be a sweet memory.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
briolette|1294887282|2821281 said:
Thank you thank you. :)
Yeah, he's still embarrassed that it wasn't during a romantic dinner, but I reassured him that opening the package together still in our pajamas will always be a sweet memory.

um, i think this is more romantic than the dinner could ever have been! this guy's a keeper! congrats.

MoZo

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a sweet story and beautiful ring! :appl:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thats so sweet. Pretty ring. Be sure to take it off when using cleaning chemicals, you don't want to damage it.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Indeed. I take it off when I wash my hands. It's not an everyday ring, but something I do adore and like. I do a lot with my hands so the real e-ring will be a much more durable stone.
Still, this pearl ring will always have a very special place in my heart.

SereneSolange

Rough_Rock
Wow... truthfully, I'm biased toward your promise ring. It's unique, regal, flattering--and the nice thing about pearls is that unlike faceted gems, they'll look better the more hand lotion you get on them!
Maybe do the "dream ring" for a first child or another major milestone. This ring is just so special.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Awww, thanks for the kind words.

It fits up against a curved diamond band fairly well, so it could possibly be part of a wedding set down the line :naughty:

He's got some financial matters to fix on his own first so the actual engagement will be later. The promise ring was an affirmation that he's working on paying off his debt and reassurance that he wants to get married one day. So far, I see him trying :)

I like what the ring stands for and it is definitely a happy memory.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
:appl: Its beautiful! I love pearl rings. Its is on my list of things I want.

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
How sweet! What a great guy you have!! Your ring is purrdyyy!

:wavey:

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I love your promise ring.. but I'm sort of biased as I LOVE pearls. We even named one of our cats Pearl : )

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
very sweet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results