shape
carat
color
clarity

My plan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

narfed

Rough_Rock
I''m planning to ask my GF to marry me next weekend. Here is my plan, please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions. I''m going to take her to a park where we had our first date. I plan to blindfold her when we are a couple miles away so that she won''t know where we are going. We haven''t been there since that date so I don''t think she''ll know where we are headed. When we get there I''m going to walk here out into a meadow and have her put on a pair of headphones playing the song that was playing when we had our first kiss. Then I''m going to kiss her, remove the blindfold, drop to a knee and propose. I''m quickly turning into a nervous wreck as the day approaches so I''m trying to keep it relatively simple while still incorporating a couple things that are important to us.

One other thing I''ve been considering is having a few of her close friends meet us there. Either to see the proposal or to arrive just after for congratulations. I wouldn''t tell them why they are going. I''m torn on this part, can''t decide if she''d like having them be a part of the proposal or if she''d rather it was just us.

Any thoughts or additional suggestions are appreciated!

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I wouldn''t want any friends there when I proposed. I want that to be our moment and I don''t think having friends there would enhance anything. Plus, if something, God forbid, does go wrong, you won''t have friends around to see it. As for the proposal itself, it sounds great to me! I think she''ll be thrilled.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
It sounds wonderful! I would also agree not to have the friends there, unless they were apart of the proposal (ie an excuss to get her out of the house). I know my friends would enjoy being a part of a proposal, but i too am torn if i would want them there or not... probably not since i would be to involved with getting engaged. Why not plan for a dinner/lunch the next day with family and friends?

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds good - I agree with the friend-related comments though. And just to keep in mind: the
proposal will be very nice - but probably not a surprise given the set-up. Good luck!

Diamond Joe Quimby

Rough_Rock
Why not have the friends waiting somewhere else (pub, restaurant, someone''s home) - perhaps somewhere that is also another important location (a friends house wher you met at a party, or the restaurant where you had your first dinner together.....

So you can have the proposal in private, then go to another significant location to meet up with friends/familyl....

You could even get all of the friends there by saying that you are arranging a surprise dinner for her as part of her birthday/graduation/new job - whatever you can use to get them along...

So no friends will know what you are up to!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I think it sounds lovely!
1.gif
I like the idea of arranging a celebration with friends maybe the next evening. She is going to love it--I adore all the personal touches!

Oh, wait, have you already done it? You posted in mid-June and said you were doing it next week?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results