shape
carat
color
clarity

my plan...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigE

Shiny_Rock
So here''''s my engagement plan coming up in three weeks hopefully...

We''''re going to Puerto Rico for her cousin''''s wedding. Little does she know a week after her cousin''''s wedding on her birthday I will be proposing to her.

I''''m hoping to take her out to a nice restaurant on the beach and giving her her b-day present. She LOVES ice skating and skated since she was five but slowly fell out of it since after high school. She has always said she would like to have her own pair of ice skating shoes so she could skate again.

I''''m getting her some real nice ice skating shoes and am planning on putting the ring in a box in side the shoe.

I would love to have her "try it on" and then find out the ring is inside but I don''''t think I''''m going to talk her into that in a restaurant:)

So, I was thinking I could put some gloves and socks in the shoe and wrap the box in one of those, so that when she takes them out and realizes there''''s a box there, I''''ll get on one knee.

Any thoughts? Suggestions welcome!

The second scenario would be to tie the ring on to the shoe laces and when she opens the box she''''ll see the shoes and be excited, but then I could say did you look closer, and bam there''''s the ring.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely idea! I''d say give her the skates wrapped beautifully in a box... then when she says she wishes there were ice around or something like that.... tell her that you even brought ICE for her!

And drop to the knee and propose...with the ice!

The other ideas you have are awesome, too.
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yeah!~ Ice to go with the skates! How perfect!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
It reminds me a little of the proposal in Mad About You... anyone seen that ep? Well, a little bit nicer and better planned out than that proposal!!

It sounds so perfect and romantic. The week after the wedding will be perfect, too, she''ll be fresh of the high of romance from it. Good luck!!
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I love Julian''s ''ICE'' idea.

Good luck with it all. No matter what you decide, she''ll be giddy that you did it.

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
That is a Great idea!

Interesting concept, I love how you tie in something that she loves.

Be sure to let us know how it goes and send us some pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results