shape
carat
color
clarity

My pink spinel has arrived and……

T

talamasca

…… I absolutely LOVE it :love: :love: :love:

OMG, it is so pretty and sparkly! When the sunlight hits it the colour changes to a platinum pink. I've been wandering around the office with it and I love how the colour darkens and lightens with different lighting conditions.

I would say the Gemfix pic is pretty accurate, with a tad more lilac IRL than shown and though it isn't as light a pink as some I was looking at I don't care because it's beautiful and I'm so happy (and majorly relieved 'phew').

I can't stop putting it on my finger, staring at it and imagining what it will look like when it's set in my e/ring :D

I attach the Vendor's pic and some I've just taken, but man is it hard to take pics of, what with reflections from other things showing up I must've discarded at least half of the pics!!!!

Oh and here are its specs - 2.25ct Portuguese cut oval - 8.7 x 6.7 mm and the Vendor's description: "Awesome 'cool' pink spinel. Very bright and brilliant, clean, and gorgeous faceting. Tiny negative crystal visible with 10x at one angle!" (Cut by Andrew Gulij)

T

talamasca

Vendor

Vendor Pic.JPG

T

talamasca

At Window

Window Lighting.JPG

T

talamasca

Outside

Outside Lighting 2.JPG

Outside Lighting 1.JPG

T

talamasca

Hand Pics

Hand Outside.JPG

Hand Indoor.JPG

T

talamasca

Side and Bottom

Underside Bubble.JPG

Side.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely!

I warn you though, spinels are addictive!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely! It's always a relief when you get a gem from overseas and it's as good or better than what you were expecting.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Talamasca, I am very happy for you! That was pretty high stakes for your first cs purchase to be buying your engagement ring stone. You obviously did an excellent job learning what you love, and getting that reflected in the stone you chose. Yeah! It is fantastic that everything worked out and you have a beautiful stone with which to start your future! Gorgeous, delicate pink :love: :love: Congratulations!!! :appl: :appl:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! It's perfect, I'm so happy Gemfix worked out for you! I can't wait to see it set

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you view it under artificial light (fluorescent and incandescent) yet, as it may go more orange. Just want to make sure you're 100% completely happy with it. Very pretty. I have one like that which goes a bit more lilac under natural light, and more orange under artificial light, same cut, same shape.

drillsgtsgem

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful!!! Congrats!!! I can't wait to see the finished ring!!!

T

talamasca

Thank you MakingTheGrade

Kismet - it was so stressful, especially the waiting!

minousbijoux - I'm glad you can see the pink as these pics have really picked up the lilac and I don't see that much IRL

maebelle - I've decided to try and get to the Jewellers tomorrow as otherwise it will be 2-3 weeks before I can get there and then 3-4 weeks for them to make the ring and I don't think I could cope with that long a wait :lol:

TL - we've got fluorescent lighting in the corridor at work so just took a few more pics

drillsgtsgem - thanks and I can't wait to see yours too :D

Fluor 1.JPG

Fluor 2.JPG

Fluor 3.JPG

Fluor 4.JPG

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's really beautiful!!! :cheeky:

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
I am so happy to see success! It's awesome to know that your hard work and patience has paid off for you. :)

Next question- what color you going for next? tee heee

Congrats! looking forward to the setting.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a first purchase! It's just wonderful! How are you going to set it? Plans yet? I can see that with diamonds, looking positively swanky. TL is right, spinels are addictive.

--- Laurie

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I can see what you mean about more lilac. It actually looks like a lovely piece of Kunzite in some of your photos. I'm so pleased you love it.

Just building on what TL said - don't look at it under fluorescent lighting, try artificial lights at night i.e. in your kitchen with the blinds closed and the overhead lights on.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds|1305918340|2926761 said:
Congratulations! I can see what you mean about more lilac. It actually looks like a lovely piece of Kunzite in some of your photos. I'm so pleased you love it.

Just building on what TL said - don't look at it under fluorescent lighting, try artificial lights at night i.e. in your kitchen with the blinds closed and the overhead lights on.

LD,
I said she should look at it under fluorescent lighting. I think that's important. For example, I work in an office with fluorescent lighting all day, and if they don't look good under there, they go back.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! So glad you like it, let's hope the setting process goes smoothly.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1305918486|2926764 said:

LD,
I said she should look at it under fluorescent lighting. I think that's important. For example, I work in an office with fluorescent lighting all day, and if they don't look good under there, they go back.

Sorry - I read it wrong - I thought you meant "incandescent" lighting. To me, incandescent is far more important because typically in the UK we don't have fluorescent lighting in our homes. I hate fluorescent lighting as it makes everything (including me) look odd!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds|1305920136|2926788 said:
TL|1305918486|2926764 said:

LD,

Sorry - I read it wrong - I thought you meant "incandescent" lighting. To me, incandescent is far more important because typically in the UK we don't have fluorescent lighting in our homes. I hate fluorescent lighting as it makes everything (including me) look odd!

That's okay LD. I hate fluorescent lighting for the same reasons you do. It's in my hair salon, and I don't appreciate looking at myself in those mirrors when I go there!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I'm so happy you found a such a nice stone for your ring!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :appl:

You chose such a beautiful, feminine, sparkly stone. Some folks associate red with love but IMHO, pink is always the compassion for the passion.

I can't wait to see it set, Talamasca! Congrats again; I am so glad it's everything you want for your e-ring.

~ faegrace

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
faegrace|1305929849|2926890 said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :appl:

You chose such a beautiful, feminine, sparkly stone. Some folks associate red with love but IMHO, pink is always the compassion for the passion.

I can't wait to see it set, Talamasca! Congrats again; I am so glad it's everything you want for your e-ring.

~ faegrace

faegrace, you're so cute !!!!

Your stone is just lovely, talamasca, and I am soooooo happy that you are in love with it !!!
It is gorgeous and twinkly, and looks great on your hand !!!
You will wear it with sparkly pride !!!!!! Just so nice !!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

(TL : Ugh , just thinking of what a hag I look like under fluorescent lighting makes me want to :shock: )

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and true to picture. Congratulations!

T

talamasca

Thank you all :D

Re setting I've taken elements from 3 different rings I like and hopefully they'll go together well. No diamonds though as what I wanted (2 trilliants) came in over budget so I've decided on a solitaire. Off to Jewellers this morning and it should take 3-4 weeks :D :appl:

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
That cut looks beautiful and sparkly! Congratulations!

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
Oh that is an absolutely gorgeous stone!! :love: Congrats on the purchase and I'm so glad it turned out well :appl: Please come back with pictures of handshots when you get your ring made:)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pink spinel is very pretty. It looks very lively and is a great color. I can't wait to see your final project.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
talamasca-

It's just lovely! I wish my daughter were more responsible. If she were, I could make her jewelry with a stone like that. (I had a brief vision of a pink spinel ring with diamond sidestones, a fairytale ring for a very young woman.) As it is, I have had to withold jewelry I planned to give her already because I know she would lose it! I hope I get to see you set your lovely new spinel!

edited to add: I didn't realize that this was your engagement ring, talamasca!!! I have to go back and look at that stone! This is obviously not a spinel I could just pick up for a teenager. Please excuse my ignorance!!!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results