shape
carat
color
clarity

My Pendant Is Here

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

My Bluenile .8 J VS2 Pendant has arrived!

The diamond is beautiful and I love it. Very sparkly and clean. I can definitely tell the difference between the J color and my I color diamond however but since the pendant is on it's own it's fine. Unfortunately I don't really feel it for my wedding necklace... so now I need to decide on whether I keep it for an everyday pendant or return it since it's not going to really meet my wedding necklace need. What do you guys think?

I am also not sure about the bezel and whether it hides the little beauty too much... now I'm questioning myself on whether I should have gone with the four prong pendant with no bezel.

I do typically allow myself one nice present a year but this year I am being tough on myself with the wedding and costs and what not. Please let me know what you think?

picture_51.png

photo_552.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow-love the fluorescence..

You seem uncertain, and that is enough for me to say: return it.
For me, if i could rock it, i would do it.

considering the wedding is coming up, save $ for that. then next year, you can have a bigger bling present! :rodent:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with Greg - it's really pretty, but you seem unsure, so I say return it and put the money towards a necklace for your wedding.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I think its really beautiful! BUT! If you arent 100% in love with it, I would return it.

What do you envision wearing on your wedding day?

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
After a week of going back and forth I've decided to return my beautiful new diamond. ;(

I like the bezel with the two little ears but I feel like my pendant keeps flipping up quite a bit (probably based on where ears are positioned???). No clue but half the time I wonder if people actually see the diamond or only the metal from it flipping up. Also my eyes are drawn to the metal surrounding the bezel not the diamond itself. Now this can be fixed by having this same bezel with a larger diamond (1 carat or so) or a thinner bezel so I'm not saying bezels are out for me - just not with this specific diamond size.

I might also look into options like a three prong martini or the half bezel by brian gavin. I think I miss being able to see the girdle of the diamond when I want - so maybe that half bezel from BG might be a good option?

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
antiquesparkler|1392827048|3618572 said:
I think its really beautiful! BUT! If you arent 100% in love with it, I would return it.

What do you envision wearing on your wedding day?

I think I might actually look at Swarovski for wedding jewelery. I have not decided on the final dress yet but when I do I might check out what Swarovski has.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Would you consider wearing pearls? You can get a bigger look for your money with pearls.

I got my pearl set from Pearl Paradise (they are currently running a 14% off special and they will likely have another big sale around Mother's Day) to wear at my wedding. I love my set and wear it frequently. Ironically, I didn't end up wearing it at my wedding since my MIL gifted me some South Sea pearls.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
SMC|1393282778|3622225 said:
Would you consider wearing pearls? You can get a bigger look for your money with pearls.

I got my pearl set from Pearl Paradise (they are currently running a 14% off special and they will likely have another big sale around Mother's Day) to wear at my wedding. I love my set and wear it frequently. Ironically, I didn't end up wearing it at my wedding since my MIL gifted me some South Sea pearls.

I have a pearl set and might possibly just wear unless I find something that better matches my wedding dresss!! Whenever I finally pick it that is. I do love pearls :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results