shape
carat
color
clarity

My patience paid off....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
We are engaged! It was perfect, low key, and so very "us." Exactly how I hoped it would be.

More details about the proposal and stats to come....

littlemissblissflower4409.JPG

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
oh yay! congrats to you. i love happy endings.

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

littlemissblisshandshot.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
SO Sparkly!!! Congratulations!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! That is some serious bling -- can''t wait to hear more details.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
um WOW. that is a seriously gorgeous ring!!

congrats!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 12:46:11 AM
Author: littlemissbliss

swoon
30.gif

I
emlove.gif
the profile!

30.gif

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Awww, thanks ladies! I am so excited!

The ring is perfect --- super blingy and perfect!

I will post the details from the GIA certs soon. The center is 2.0 J SI2 and the pear sides are .7 each, I SI1. I believe they all have med blue fluorescence. The ring was custom from JA and it is size 5 3/4, but it is a little too big
7.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! What a stunning classic and a beautiful setting!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Dear God, that ring is amazing! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! And lovely ring!
30.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ring! It''s really beautiful. Congratulations!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!! Stunning ring
30.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
WOW! BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on your engagement! Please share your story with us too!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I thought you were saying at first your ring was low key - it is not low key it is stunning
30.gif
, then I re-read and saw you meant your engagement which sounds perfect - congrats to you both :).

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
WOW...mscushion said it best, that is some serious bling!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Holy cr@p! That ring is amazing!

Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, thank you ALL for your sweet words. I woke up this morning and am still in shock that it happened last night!

Deelight - Too funny! I definitely did not mean the ring is low key but after I read my post, I realized it was not very clear! Sorry about that -- I was flustered, tired, shocked, excited, and everything else that comes along with getting engaged!

Here is the story:

We were at home last night and I was studying for my Chemistry exam on Monday. FI decided to cook dinner for me. I should have known something was up since that RARELY happens (I am a chef, so I usually cook), but I didn't pick up on his plan. Before he started dinner, he insisted he needed to go to the store to get a bottle of wine, even though I was adamant that I would not be drinking since I had to study. He got it and I heard him put it in the freezer when he got home -- no big deal, nothing out of the ordinary. FI gets on with the coooking. He kept saying "honey, can you help me get ready for dinner" and I kept telling him I would, just to give me a minute. FINALLY, I put the books down and got up to help. I walked in the kitchen and he asked me to pour him some wine. I noticed his tone was a little weird and kind of demanding, which is out of character for him, but I just assumed he was a little irritated that I didn't get up to help sooner. I opened the freezer to get the wine and there was my ring in the box ON THE FREEZER SHELF! My heart started RACING. I pretty much closed the door right away and stood there for a second, then turned FI and told him I thought there might be a ring in the freezer, but I wasn't sure. He told me I should look closer. So I got the box out of the fridge, FI gave me a super big, shaky hug and he got down on his knee and asked me to marry him. Of course, I said "yes!" And we just enjoyed the moment with a good amount of hugs and kisses

The proposal was sweet, very private, and everything I hoped it would be. We have had family in town from Napa for the past week and FI said he planned to do it one night when everyone was at our house for dinner or another night when we all went out to dinner, but the mood was never right. I am grateful that he picked a time when it was just us, as the moment was so unbelievably intimate, I can't imagine sharing it with a bunch of people, not even family. I love that he just went with the flow and proposed when it felt right for us.

I was surprised to see the ring -- I knew he ordered it but I didn't know it was in his possession. Also, I was SURE he would pick the solitaire (architects and their minimalism). But nope, he picked a three stone with some super bling
30.gif
. I have to say though, that although it is 3.4 ctw, it is still very dainty. The setting is very delicate and the the single claw prongs are to die for.

Thanks for reading!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
What a cute story! I love the ring! CONGRATULATIONS!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
what a great story, and a seriously GORGEOUS ring, that must sparkle for miles!

congrats to both of you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! And such a sweet proposal to match :) Congratulations to you both!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
LOVE that story! LOVE that ring! Those single claw prongs are to die for!!! The stones look like they are just floating there! Gorgeous! And CONGRATULATIONS!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
omg Gorgeous!! Congratulations!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously Pretty! Congrats!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay gorgeous ring!!!

Congratulations! Let''s get some more pics, shall we?
2.gif
31.gif

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ALL so much! I am truly flattered and grateful for your kind words.

elledizzy5: There are a few more pics in SMTR. Here is the linky.

36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 12:57:22 PM
Author: littlemissbliss
Thank you ALL so much! I am truly flattered and grateful for your kind words.

elledizzy5: There are a few more pics in SMTR. Here is the linky.

36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Atta girl! Thanks!
3.gif
30.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results