shape
carat
color
clarity

My Orchids

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh these are LOVELY - I don't have much of a green thumb and have killed a few orchids in my time...thank you for sharing!

This is like a digital flower show :kiss2:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Ok finally done work and back for more.

Anything you consider a must have? I bought a bunch from Olympic Orchids recently but of course their stuff is small/ years away from blooming.

I have the common stuff - cymbidiums, a miltoniopsis, a brassidium, dendrobiums, cattleyas, and a few other types I can’t remember of the top of my head. I do need to buy an epidendrum and have been wanting a myrmecophilas but I’m always looking to expand.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok finally done work and back for more.

Anything you consider a must have? I bought a bunch from Olympic Orchids recently but of course their stuff is small/ years away from blooming.

I have the common stuff - cymbidiums, a miltoniopsis, a brassidium, dendrobiums, cattleyas, and a few other types I can’t remember of the top of my head. I do need to buy an epidendrum and have been wanting a myrmecophilas but I’m always looking to expand.

Honestly just go with what appeals to you and fits your growing conditions! I love Paphiopedilums but not everybody does. I also love fragrant phalaenopsis. Go to an orchid show nearby when they start up again and this will give you really good ideas of what you love!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Honestly just go with what appeals to you and fits your growing conditions! I love Paphiopedilums but not everybody does. I also love fragrant phalaenopsis. Go to an orchid show nearby when they start up again and this will give you really good ideas of what you love!

I’m really excited for those to happen again but they are dangerous. Bought so many plants at the last one for so cheap.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I kill most of mine...;(This one was my favorite.

Carnea May2017a.JPG

These two are still alive. I have about 12 plants.

IMG_1987.jpg

1611811460421.png

These two are dead... ;(. The most expensive one I killed (no pics) was $200 bucks... ;(

Attachments

• img_8464.jpg
    img_8464.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 8
  • img_10309.jpg
    img_10309.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ilovegemstones . I'm more into cattleyas. I have some plants that I acquired over the years but never bloomed, any idea why?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Omg the most calming and sweet PS thread in a really long time!
I'm similar to you but my obsession is centered around african violets!
I do have one orchid plant though that is doing very well.
Love indoor plants and flowers!

Perfumery, gemstones, jewelry, & plants are my favorite things
in the whole wide world, just pure beauty for the senses.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ilovegemstones . I'm more into cattleyas. I have some plants that I acquired over the years but never bloomed, any idea why?

There could be many causes and I could not begin to say without seeing the plants. Overwatering, overfertilizing and not enough light are big ones.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg the most calming and sweet PS thread in a really long time!
I'm similar to you but my obsession is centered around african violets!
I do have one orchid plant though that is doing very well.
Love indoor plants and flowers!

Perfumery, gemstones, jewelry, & plants are my favorite things
in the whole wide world, just pure beauty for the senses.

That is amazing! I love blue African violets especially! I have about 15 af varieties and 8 Streptocarpus. Also a couple Chirita. Gesneriads are amazing!!!!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Ontario :) hello!

I was born and raised in Ontario (Born in Ottawa and then grew up in Sudbury, marrying and starting our family back in Ottawa). Now living in the US though. I miss my homeland! Hi fellow Canadian!! :)

Your orchids are absolutely incredible! What a beautiful and nurturing way to while away the hours.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness your orchids are beautiful!!! Orchid goals!

I just have a few phals I grow in my kitchen window, but they bring me joy. Also I feel like I rescued them from the supermarket where they faced a slow miserable death.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There could be many causes and I could not begin to say without seeing the plants. Overwatering, overfertilizing and not enough light are big ones.
I'm using these indoor lights. Are these any good?. I have like 5 plants that never bloomed after all these yrs...:confused:

img_8467.jpg img_8468.jpg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was born and raised in Ontario (Born in Ottawa and then grew up in Sudbury, marrying and starting our family back in Ottawa). Now living in the US though. I miss my homeland! Hi fellow Canadian!! :)

Your orchids are absolutely incredible! What a beautiful and nurturing way to while away the hours.

Thank you so much!!! We are staying cozy today!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results